Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
.... Yesterday while heading out, I collected a young woman in a Honda glued to my back bumper ...
I had a similar thing happen to me while driving my JK, except on a backroad highway while driving from OKC to Atlanta. I had just turned off some small road onto a two laner. And immediately saw a sign that said, "Left Lane Ends 1/2 mile". Remember, two lane road. Uhhh, and then I notice a black pickup glued to my bumper because I was only doing the speed limit. As we round a bend at 65 MPH, I can see that the road does open up to four lanes. Except the left lane is blocked by a single traffic cone, then others along the lane dividing line. Well, I head straight for it. And turn at the very last instance. And he proceeds to run over it before threading his truck back into the right lane after slowing down a whole bunch. Fortunately for me I had a turn onto the next small road just ahead and he went straight.
Sponsored

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Yesterday was a gorgeous one in OKC. Started off in low 40s, but would end up about 70° before day's end. Decided to remove the doors and top from the Gladiator while I ran some errands around the metro. I knew it was forecast to rain the next day, so put it all back together again in the afternoon

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Jeep Life, Dec 20, CP_918644, Naked Gladiator

Stopped at Stanley Draper Lake for a quick shot on dirt ...
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Jeep Life, Dec 20, CP_549302, Naked Gladiator at Stanley Draper Lake

These rear view mirrors are really nice. I don't recall who makes them, but a while back someone on this forum recommended them to me. And this is the first time I've used them. Thank you to whomever that was for the recommendation. Few things about these mirrors: I also have blind spot warning, which is disabled with the doors removed. And both mirrors are wide-angle. That's great on the passenger side. But the driver's side is misleading. That is, I'm used to what size vehicle in the mirror is how far back. But my perception is way, way off. But, with doors off, it's easy to glance back over my shoulder for an unimpeded view. The mirrors bolt on with a single stud. I may replace that driver's side. Also note that both sides have a foot rest. Doesn't do me any good since I keep both feet busy driving my manual transmission JT around town. But some folks might appreciate something like that.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Jeep Life, Dec 20, CP_456528, Naked Gladiator Mirror

darksidedesign

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave in Gator
Occupation
Graphic Designer / Illustrator
Excellent shot.
Thanks! Conditions were so perfect that those pics practically took themselves. It had very little to do with my skill as a photographer.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Got our Christmas Tree :LOL:

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? Jeep Life, Dec 20, CP_456528, Naked Gladiator Mirror

....and before anyone freaks:

1) We were going 5 miles on back roads
2) Firmly secured
3) This was adjusted so it was hanging over the passenger side
For a good reason, you don't make it a habit, and you were careful. It's all good.

Sponsored

DLAW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Nissan Pathfinder, '08 Honda Civic, '12 Honda CR-V, '16 Honda Odyssey, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Predicting the future
Yesterday was a gorgeous one in OKC. Started off in low 40s, but would end up about 70° before day's end. Decided to remove the doors and top from the Gladiator while I ran some errands around the metro. I knew it was forecast to rain the next day, so put it all back together again in the afternoon

Stopped at Stanley Draper Lake for a quick shot on dirt ...

These rear view mirrors are really nice. I don't recall who makes them, but a while back someone on this forum recommended them to me. And this is the first time I've used them. Thank you to whomever that was for the recommendation. Few things about these mirrors: I also have blind spot warning, which is disabled with the doors removed. And both mirrors are wide-angle. That's great on the passenger side. But the driver's side is misleading. That is, I'm used to what size vehicle in the mirror is how far back. But my perception is way, way off. But, with doors off, it's easy to glance back over my shoulder for an unimpeded view. The mirrors bolt on with a single stud. I may replace that driver's side. Also note that both sides have a foot rest. Doesn't do me any good since I keep both feet busy driving my manual transmission JT around town. But some folks might appreciate something like that.
I love the simplicity of this mirror setup. I've seen them before and it's at the top of my list for mirror purchase next spring. However, I don't understand what stops them from just pivoting away from you when you put your foot on the rest. Can you explain how it is secured from turning in the hinges?

THANKS!

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Last time I was there, Sandstone Canyon was blocked by a pretty huge boulder. Is that open now?

6:55 if not forwarded automatically ...
Yea, its still mostly blocked, some have been able to get over/around. Usually when we’re out in that area its just my wife and I so we keep it pretty mellow wheeling without others. One of these days if we ever get over there with others we’ll probably give it a go.
By the way, really diggin’ your vids.

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
We were out in our local desert again today, started at Fonts Point, made our way through Pumpkin Patch, Shell Reef and out to Fish Creek as well.
on our way to Pumpkin Patch we came across a couple sweet looking planes in Tule Wash, they were preparing for take-off as we arrived.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 3A611BD9-3C06-4641-916E-38493CABE94B
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 3E82EE0A-6124-4AD6-86E5-B99DA3FD5084
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 2BD1C888-C93A-4A2D-B99F-3C63832A8957
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? EB63DEB2-73A2-4638-A3B0-F0366061768D
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 50099630-7370-4ADF-95BC-8A4534900E55
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? EF4C3599-72F8-43E3-B82D-D140C5EAE3C0
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? D55EAB8E-8EBC-40DD-AC4B-04F72F3134F5

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I love the simplicity of this mirror setup. I've seen them before and it's at the top of my list for mirror purchase next spring. However, I don't understand what stops them from just pivoting away from you when you put your foot on the rest. Can you explain how it is secured from turning in the hinges?

THANKS!
Yes. I was puzzled by that until I actually installed them (they arrived with no instructions). There is tab on the mirror that you trap behind the hook that would normally secure the cloth loom for the wire bundle. There's not much clearance to make that happen, but it did go with a slight amount of force to get it over the top of the hook. Once installed, the mirrors are solidly in place.

Sponsored