Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

Sponsored

TJRjeepn

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Gator, 2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2011 Buick Enclave, 2009 Chevy Malibu
Occupation
Account Manager
Vehicle Showcase

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
We love ours! We have the wolf pup 18to, which had a pop out that significantly increases the interior space. Having the corrugated sides saves weight for sure. We went with the black label so we can camp nearly year round in comfort. Our last trip was the week before thanksgiving last year, it was in the 20s in Gettysburg. And the the camper was nice and toasty.
How much does that weigh? How does it tow?
I rented a micro Minnie 1700BH that says dry 3550# and gvwr 4200 with 414# tongue weight.
I did not have a WDH.
Power wise and driving I think it did fine but my JTR temps Got up to 240 I think at one point driving through the mountains out of the desert, and it was only in the 80s so not like it was a Phoenix summer. Think it was ~220 most of the time.
I’m not sure I’d be comfortable towing anything bigger, and I’m not sure those temps were very good for my engine!

Sponsored

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I rented a micro Minnie 1700BH that says dry 3550# and gvwr 4200 with 414# tongue weight.
I did not have a WDH.
Power wise and driving I think it did fine but my JTR temps Got up to 240 I think at one point driving through the mountains out of the desert, and it was only in the 80s so not like it was a Phoenix summer. Think it was ~220 most of the time.
I’m not sure I’d be comfortable towing anything bigger, and I’m not sure those temps were very good for my engine!
These things run hot. Mine gets over 220 on the trail. I finally quit looking at the gauge LOL

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Took off the freedom panels (winter mode) and put on my BestTop SunRunner (spring, summer, fall mode). 😎

Jeep.jpg
Congrats. One of my favorite days of the spring. Did mine a month or so ago. Still mostly cold here, but worth it for those days when it’s perfect.

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
I did not have a WDH.
Temps arent something I watch since Im in DE and the seasons are moderate compared to phoenix lol Ill have to take a look next time I pull. I have the max tow, which I believe has a larger fan in addition to other stuff for towing.

My 18to, with the extras that came on it, is around 4,500ish dry. I think it was listed at 400lbs of tongue weight, but its probably more like 450. I think it pulls great. I dont rocket off the line at red lights and i take my time while traveling. Pretty much all right lane driving, and not often over 60mph. With a WDH im absolutely pleased with it. The size make its a breeze for long trips, navigating RV parks, and backing it in.

I actually want to go a little bigger at some point. Lessons learned for me with my wife and kids is that bunks would have been beneficial, and a little longer of a TT would be nice. My 18to has a huge pop out, which is amazing. And me, my wife, my two kids, and my two dogs, all fit in the camper happily. Realistically having it set up for all season camping is sort of a waste for us. But it was nice to camp in Nov last year, and march this year, and be cozy inside. But If i were to nix the all season package I could probably get a little more TT for the same weight.

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Temps arent something I watch since Im in DE and the seasons are moderate compared to phoenix lol Ill have to take a look next time I pull. I have the max tow, which I believe has a larger fan in addition to other stuff for towing.

My 18to, with the extras that came on it, is around 4,500ish dry. I think it was listed at 400lbs of tongue weight, but its probably more like 450. I think it pulls great. I dont rocket off the line at red lights and i take my time while traveling. Pretty much all right lane driving, and not often over 60mph. With a WDH im absolutely pleased with it. The size make its a breeze for long trips, navigating RV parks, and backing it in.

I actually want to go a little bigger at some point. Lessons learned for me with my wife and kids is that bunks would have been beneficial, and a little longer of a TT would be nice. My 18to has a huge pop out, which is amazing. And me, my wife, my two kids, and my two dogs, all fit in the camper happily. Realistically having it set up for all season camping is sort of a waste for us. But it was nice to camp in Nov last year, and march this year, and be cozy inside. But If i were to nix the all season package I could probably get a little more TT for the same weight.
Thanks, so yours wasn’t really heavier. Yea I think it behaved fine towing but I don’t know at what temps I should worry. The roads out of Anza Borrego are steep but it wasn’t even hot yet! I’d be afraid to see what temps are in the summer.
And here I was snickering at the diesel folk saying their rigs derate power🤔
Sponsored