Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

morejeepsthanicancount

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Vehicle Showcase
Couple of days late as we were at the beach, but I yanked this big thing around. Phenomenal pulling power for what the platform is(coming from a crewmax tundra owner) 218 Carolina Skiff

A22AE61A-67EE-4458-9E05-0F98FC9614E5.jpeg

Sponsored

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Used it like a truck this week.
Massive storms crossed Iowa Monday AM with winds in our area 80-100 mph (estimate for our specific area was 80, just north a bit, closer to 100) - wiped out thousands of trees and left many tens of thousands with no power, no internet, etc. We've had no power and iffy internet from Monday AM until early today (Friday)
One of my wife's friends got power back quickly (Tuesday AM) so we borrowed their small generator for a few days. Took the JT up there to get it. Those 4 tie points in the bed were handy!!

Then my neighbor said he was in town last night and saw stores had generators - so I ran in to town last night and bought the biggest any store had. Not a huge load at only 225 pounds, but enough. Then today unloaded that with my gantry crane and loaded up the borrowed generator and took it back to her friend. Went to town twice with gas cans this week to restock on gas for generators.
Was supper glad the JT is made like it is - it's sure handy for chores like this - and it fits in between the "legs" of my gantry crane where my Chevy didn't quite - the width of the Chevy fenders didn't clear. The JT backed under and between the uprights fine.