Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Just the usual stuff - drove it. Mailed out some restored parts - then back home. Then a couple of hours later found out the snow plow light harnesses, etc. came in so buzzed back into town to pick them up. Any excuse to drive it. I even said yes when my wife asked if I'd go pick up Chinese for supper.
Tomorrow, it will be a "do TO" as I install (hopefully) the final plow wiring and get all the lights working.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Just the usual stuff - drove it. Mailed out some restored parts - then back home. Then a couple of hours later found out the snow plow light harnesses, etc. came in so buzzed back into town to pick them up. Any excuse to drive it. I even said yes when my wife asked if I'd go pick up Chinese for supper.
Tomorrow, it will be a "do TO" as I install (hopefully) the final plow wiring and get all the lights working.
Looking forward to seeing that plow all mounted up.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Looking forward to seeing that plow all mounted up.
The real work is likely the wiring. The harnesses are huge. There are two banks of 3 relays, an isolation module to mount somewhere, and their harnesses are big and long so I'll have to wind up the excess somewhere. It's tempting to get it going for now and eventually cut 2 or 3 feet out of the long harnesses. I'm not sure it's all going to fit behind the grill! Some of the existing plow harnesses are coiled out and laid around the ABS system on the left side.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
The real work is likely the wiring. The harnesses are huge. There are two banks of 3 relays, an isolation module to mount somewhere, and their harnesses are big and long so I'll have to wind up the excess somewhere. It's tempting to get it going for now and eventually cut 2 or 3 feet out of the long harnesses. I'm not sure it's all going to fit behind the grill! Some of the existing plow harnesses are coiled out and laid around the ABS system on the left side.
How much excesss are you talking? I would for sure cut it down to size if its that excessive....

6 relays? Man that seems like a lot, but you do have lights and signals too so maybe its not that much. I would have though with that much wiring they would use a module instead of relays.

Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Did some wheeling in Moab this past weekend. No one tells you that the ride down the back of Hell's Gate is even scarier than the way back up!

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 4CDECEA9-A8BF-4169-9527-975F4213D776
I had the same thought when I did Hell's Gate the first with my Power Wagon. I was like "WTH".

Sponsored

Gunrunner72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jeep TJ, 2002 HD Deuce, 2013 Corvette Z06, 2015 F-350, 2016 HD StreetGlide, 1980 CJ-7(sold), 1989 Cherokee(sold), 1985 CJ-7(sold)
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
Used it as a truck to dispose of a dishwasher the day after Lowes dropped the new one off while I was wheeling

Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? IMG_1062
Sponsored