Sponsored

What supercharger did you choose and why?

which supercharger?

• R.I.P.P.

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Magnuson

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Hamburger

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Edelbrock

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
GEETCH

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Geetch, can you give an update on your this summer, any trips, towing etc? Any heat issues towing problems, that kind of stuff.
Josh, so I have had it installed since April and have a smidge under 10k miles, no issues so far aside from occasional touchiness as I mentioned before. My temps stay very close to what they were prior to install, I have not done any further towing since I moved my stuff from Colorado to Cali.

I have taken a trip to and from Idaho in it recently no issues, and have done 3 trips off roading going up 27 grade incline ( as displayed on off road pages on inclomitor) and will be going out again tomorrow.

gives great power and torque and no touchiness while in 4h or 4lo. Works great no regrets.
:rock:
many other questions you have bring em on
Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
I'm still exploring Procharger for many reasons w/o need to debate them.

I'm more so concerned with tuning; at the end of the day a tune makes or breaks the vehicle.

cmb396

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Josh, so I have had it installed since April and have a smidge under 10k miles, no issues so far aside from occasional touchiness as I mentioned before. My temps stay very close to what they were prior to install, I have not done any further towing since I moved my stuff from Colorado to Cali.

I have taken a trip to and from Idaho in it recently no issues, and have done 3 trips off roading going up 27 grade incline ( as displayed on off road pages on inclomitor) and will be going out again tomorrow.

gives great power and torque and no touchiness while in 4h or 4lo. Works great no regrets.
How did you deal with tuning? Did you have custom tuning, or can tune from magnusson?
I have a friend with a Ripp, killed his engine within days, new crate motor later, he is still having a nightmare with tuning.
If Jeep doesn't offer a 392 JT, I may do a magnusson? Def do not want a centrifugal system, bc it doesn't fit my needs.
I want the low end tq, I have plenty other vehicles that go fast, lol.

OP
OP
GEETCH

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
How did you deal with tuning? Did you have custom tuning, or can tune from magnusson?
I have a friend with a Ripp, killed his engine within days, new crate motor later, he is still having a nightmare with tuning.
If Jeep doesn't offer a 392 JT, I may do a magnusson? Def do not want a centrifugal system, bc it doesn't fit my needs.
I want the low end tq, I have plenty other vehicles that go fast, lol.
tuning was done through hp tuners with a Magnuson tune. The touchiness I had has gone away ( or I have gotten used to it ) and no longer noticeable.

dave on another thread has made his own tune for Magnuson specific as he has one installed. Everyone who has used his tune from what I can tell is very happy with it.

I have thought about using Dave’s tune as well, but I have no issues with the Magnuson tune and now have 14k miles on the truck with many mountain trips, off roading and hauling. Also is used as my daily driver. No regrets.

Sponsored

Clv22p

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave

How do you do oil changes?

OP
OP
GEETCH

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
How do you do oil changes?
Getting the oil fill cap off takes some finesse, but doable then I use the long skinny funnel to fill up.( that’s what the tech did as well when I brought it in for a free oil change under Jeep cares )

Ferg513

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
tuning was done through hp tuners with a Magnuson tune. The touchiness I had has gone away ( or I have gotten used to it ) and no longer noticeable.

dave on another thread has made his own tune for Magnuson specific as he has one installed. Everyone who has used his tune from what I can tell is very happy with it.

I have thought about using Dave’s tune as well, but I have no issues with the Magnuson tune and now have 14k miles on the truck with many mountain trips, off roading and hauling. Also is used as my daily driver. No regrets.

Very interested in your towing experience with the Magnuson. What do you have in tow? Whats your highway cruising rpms? I’m honestly not too far from stock (2 inch lift) and 33s 4.10 gearing. Really wanting low rpm torque for towing 4500lb 22 foot long camper without the engine screaming at a slight head wind or incline at 65mph. Im between Edelbrock and Magnuson.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
I went Maggie, same boat as you, looking for towing power.

The maggie trq is much greater than the Eddy. 3k rpm it's at or over 300 ft vs 210ish for the Eddy. Eddy never gets over 275 peak vs 320 peak for the maggi.

I'm just going off the factor dyno charts.

All that said Eddy is 50 state legal if CA is a thing for you, and is a high quality piece.

OP
OP
GEETCH

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
Very interested in your towing experience with the Magnuson. What do you have in tow? Whats your highway cruising rpms? I’m honestly not too far from stock (2 inch lift) and 33s 4.10 gearing. Really wanting low rpm torque for towing 4500lb 22 foot long camper without the engine screaming at a slight head wind or incline at 65mph. Im between Edelbrock and Magnuson.
I towed a uhaul double axle closed trailer weighed down with tools etc. total pulled weight was 6k. I had the Magnuson installed, running stock tires (wildpeak mts) with stock 4:10 gears as I have a Rubi. Also had a 2” spacer lift (iron rock).

highway cruising was 65 mph. Temps all stayed normal. Rpm’s varied, on flat to about 5 percent inclined it was sitting about 2800 rpm’s in 8th gear, on bigger incline or passing it would drop to 5th at about 5400 rpm’s.

I drove from Colorado to Cali going over ratone pass in New Mexico no issues.

Sponsored

Cburgess33

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator rubicon and 2018 Rubicon JL
few months so far, and so far so good... We have put a ton of miles on the jeep, pulling our Overlanding trailler as well, no problems yet, havent been beating on it offroad, but driving a little above normal.... Its been great
I thought i saw on facebook gladiator forum that u rig died due to supercharger ??? What happened there ? Bad tune ? curious on your experience for reference

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Youtube shows he has had a diesel last few months?
Sponsored