Sponsored

What winch

Stoney15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator on order, f150, Mustang, Flex
So I ordered a LE, what is a good winch. Only winch I have ever bought was for a 4wheeler
Sponsored

Red Dog

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Commander, 4.7, Quadratrack II
I have the same question about the winch. I will likely be getting the Mopar front bumper and need clarification on which winches it will fit. Anyone know?

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
I have the same question about the winch. I will likely be getting the Mopar front bumper and need clarification on which winches it will fit. Anyone know?
Jump over the wall to the JLWranglerforums.com side and search there - there's tons of threads on winches/plates and their compatibility with the Rubi steel bumper.

Red Dog

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Commander, 4.7, Quadratrack II
Will hop over to those forums, thx.

Sponsored

MadManMoheenid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE & 1958 Chevy Apache
I would think something to keep in mind is for it not to block the forward facing camera.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
A couple years ago I got a nice price on a Warn Powerplant....2 weeks later I picked up a Portable compressor for next to nothing and decided the Powerplant wasn’t needed. So, the way things go for me, the Powerplant has been sitting in the box, in the garage looking for a buyer. Should that buyer be found, the funds will go to a Warn Zeon 12S Platinum

Jellygladiator

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
Occupation
retired
with the curb weight of 5050 on a rubi i think xeon 9.5 would be plenty enough for a straight line pull and if you snatch block it now you have 18k, what's the added weight of the 12k xeon?

Sponsored

jrf

First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition (White), 2001 TJ Sahara (white)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had a multitude of winches over the years. Had an old Ramsey REP8000 that back in the day (mid 90s) I was told would never last. Well. I JUST retired it. The motor finally went and honestly I could have replaced the motor but for the cost of the motor replacement, I just got a new winch...a Warn VR8-S. This went on my 2001 TJ which sees a lot of trail use. I did a bit more research for the JT and ended up with the Smitty x2o 10k synthetic line. As mentioned above I always carry a snatch block and 10k is more than enough with that. Synthetic line and soft shackles and she's ready to winch. I also kept the electrical box away from the radiator as I know Jeep went to lengths to get air INTO that grille. I didn't want any restrictions or the look so the solenoid box got remote mounted.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/winch-install-without-wire-box.22348/#post-345656

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
It really depends on what your budget is and what you plan on doing with your Gladiator.

The Smittybilts are a good unit for the price. You can get a 10K winch with aluminum fairlead and synthetic rope for under $600.00 and it has a "lifetime" warranty: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...lt-x2o-10k-winch-waterproof-gen2-and-fairlead

You can get one of the new Warn VR series 10K winches with synthetic rope for under $750.00: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/...lt-x2o-10k-winch-waterproof-gen2-and-fairlead

You can get a Warn Zeon 10K with synthetic rope for under $1400.00: https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/jeep-truck-suv-winches/89611-warn-zeon-10-s-winch

Big price differences and big reputation differences.

We sell a ton of both both brands here at Northridge4x4 and get very few of either brands back with problems. Both companies are easy to work with for warranties, typically no issues if the fault is with the winch.

First things first, go with what your budget can afford.

Second, if you're not going to use it much, a less expensive winch will work fine.

Third, if you are going to use your winch hard and often, go with an upper end winch. Just like buying tools, good winches typically cost more, but they'll also last longer.

Lastly, if you are going to use your winch all the time (no matter whether it is low-end or high-end), make sure that your electrical system is up to par and well taken care of. Most winch failures I've seen were installed into vehicles with sub-par electrical systems.

I have a Warn Zeon 10-s on the front of my JK, it gets used and used pretty hard. I know that every time I need it, it will work. My first Zeon (8-s) is many years old, I got it when they first came out and it still works today. I am guessing that I'll have as much luck on the 10-s I just put on last January as I did with that first 8-s many years ago.
Sponsored