First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Old thread brought back but I’ll save up my pennies for this oldie. Everytime if seen one used they never fail. Warn has been making this forever and the still do, expensive but worth it
M8274
Jeep Gladiator What winch? 77DE06DA-9220-4ACC-A345-826B53BA362D
Sponsored

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
What about the Borland - Apex - with synthetic rope? Any good?
I’m running this one and have used it successfully a handful of times so far. Great price, so it was hard to not give it a try.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
Old thread brought back but I’ll save up my pennies for this oldie. Everytime if seen one used they never fail. Warn has been making this forever and the still do, expensive but worth it
M8274
Jeep Gladiator What winch? 77DE06DA-9220-4ACC-A345-826B53BA362D
:rock: Be on the JT when it shows up
Jeep Gladiator What winch? 678DCD9D-DAF6-4245-A6B6-F10FD8A7DC70

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
M8274
If you can find a anniversary addition it was upped to 10K with synthetic line... But limited production run, I wanted to order one then until I seen the price on it.... 😳

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Love my Badland APEX 12000. Fantastic value, looks good, works good. I bought mine two weeks ago for $529. This week they went up to $629. Guess I got lucky.

Sponsored

Forum Crawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Working for the man every night and day
M8274
Great winch. But, you need a very specific bumper for it. It’s HUGE. And it blocks a lot of airflow. I actually chose the Zeon 10-S over the newly redesigned 8274.

Definitely looks cool though.

Beewdawg

First Name
Brewdawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator
Occupation
Truck driver
So in my case an 9-10K pounds would work. I don't do climbing up the sides of a cliff - and likely wouldn't try to pull anything twice the weight of my JT anyway.
I've also heard good about the Harbor Freight brand and the Smittybilt brand. Those are the places I'd look for my type of use and need - it's more insurance than anything. All of these years I've never been in a spot where I'd even need a winch.
Yes. Having a winch is like having insurance in the respect the it's something you have but hope you never need.

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Occupation
Steel plant
Great winch. But, you need a very specific bumper for it. It’s HUGE. And it blocks a lot of airflow. I actually chose the Zeon 10-S over the newly redesigned 8274.

Definitely looks cool though.
I’ve never had a cooling issue on any on my Jeeps running my 8274

Chance575

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
Here a video with one in a stock steel bumper

plus I own multiple grinders, three welders and some soap stone. I believe I can make it fit

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Used my Warn Zeon 10s to recover 2 Ram pickups, a stuck 72” zero turn, a Jeep and pulled some trees. Works great. Ram in the snow example here.

Sponsored

usnavycdr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys Sport S, 99 WJ
Occupation
Psych RN
I get the line/physics of the snatch block. But ultimately it still only lets you reach the maximum pull of your winch. A snatch block won't turn your 10k winch into a 20k winch. It will let you get to the 10k limit in a shorter distance from vehicle to anchor point.

Tell me, learned and experienced members on here, do I need to go through the headache of getting the 12k winch?

So I can try and explain - using the pulley(Snatch Block henceforth SB) can double or triple your winches ability to pull by OFFLOADING some of the pull weight onto a fixed object.
For a simple pull lets say there is a full size truck weighs 10k lbs but is stuck in mud and you have a 10k winch. Might not be enough, but if you put a SB on the truck and loop your line through the SB back to a tree sitting next to you so your line almost completely doubles back, your winch is pulling 10k lbs and the TREE is effectively pulling close to 10k lbs at half the speed of a straight line pull.
Now hook another SB to the tree and loop through to another fixed point and MORE weight is offloaded to the new fixed point further increasing the winches ability to pull albeit at a much slower rate of pull.
If the pull angles are off from straight there is a subsequent decrease in the mechanical advantage the formula for which I could google but don't remember the equations.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I've been debating which winch to purchase since I installed my RR Arcus last year. I wanted a Warn for the name and look but the evo 8k was the only one in my budget and i did not like the low rating, price nor the additional weight of the steel cable - the synthetic models were above what I wanted to pay. I looked at the X20 and HF Badlands but never could catch either on sale. It's hard to pay $500-600 for the HF when they drop it down to $400 occasionally. I finally decided on the X-Bull XPV 13500. The directions were good, wires were all color coded and the install was a breeze. At ~65lbs it on dropped the front of my truck 1/8". I will not be a heavy user and haven't had to use it yet so I'm hoping I don't regret going with a cheaper model.

20210830_160810.jpg

20210830_160759.jpg

tjkenck

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
I wanted to go Warn but got steered into the comeup. Significant cost differential and likely will be as much as I need. Originally went with the 12.5 but the control box looked out of place so switched for the 9.5. Comes with remote as well which is an add on to Warn. I know it's not as cool as a Warn but hopefully it will get me out of what trouble I can get into.

68E7F949-54AC-43BD-9065-54A3E27B12F9_1_201_a.jpeg

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Smittybilt x2o 12k synthetic on a Warn plate.

The Warn plate is not significantly more expensive and is (IMO) better designed and built of better/heavier materials than its competition.
Does any winch fit that plate?
Sponsored