Sponsored

Which start stop eliminator is best?

McRuss

Well-Known Member
First Name
Russ
Joined
Jan 3, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Location
New Mexico mountains
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gadiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO, retired bank investigator, retired school bus driver, fully retired now
OK, so save your money and I'll spend mine for whatever I want, $50 or $300 (I might even buy a new front bumper and a winch...)
Sponsored

 

ShadowsPapa

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Threads
250
Messages
40,612
Reaction score
54,288
Location
Runnells, Iowa
Vehicle(s)
'25 JTMX, '23 JLU 4xe, '82 SX4, '73 Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
3
OK, so save your money and I'll spend mine for whatever I want, $50 or $300 (I might even buy a new front bumper and a winch...)
Already have winch.

Next in -air bags, 12v outlets and connectors in the bed, tonneau cover latches, side rails.........
 

McRuss

Well-Known Member
First Name
Russ
Joined
Jan 3, 2026
Threads
3
Messages
81
Reaction score
60
Location
New Mexico mountains
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gadiator Overland
Occupation
Retired LEO, retired bank investigator, retired school bus driver, fully retired now
I already have all those....
 

ericw.

Well-Known Member
First Name
Eric
Joined
Aug 18, 2025
Threads
6
Messages
374
Reaction score
576
Location
USA
Vehicle(s)
23 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, JKU, Audi S7, Mercedes AMG GLB
Build Thread
Link
I like the Tazer for the most part. I've already used it for gear ratio change, tire size change, disabled auto start/stop, customized lighting, and...

that mode where you press the brake down all the way and it automatically holds the brake for you is really smooth in traffic or at long lights. It's like cruise control for the brake pedal.. lol "brake control".

Tap the accelerator and it releases instantly.
 

g2020

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Oct 30, 2024
Threads
24
Messages
253
Reaction score
311
Location
Texas USA
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I just bought an Autostop Eliminator.

For a dedicated solution that disables ESS, these were the three contenders mentioned in this thread:

Autostop Eliminator - mentioned in post #4 - see installation video on YouTube
SmartStopStart - mentioned in post #3 - see installation instructions on website
Start/Stop Eliminator - mentioned in post #20 - see installation video on YouTube
  • Prices range from $99.99 to $129.95
  • Warranties range from 1 to 3 years (plus 1 year with a good credit card)
  • One does not ship to all 50 states
  • One is a site sponsor
  • Two are mentioned as or claim to be the original
  • Look for 10% discount code before buying
  • Uncheck boxes for receiving junk email and creating a third-party purchasing account
 
Last edited:

Sponsored

ChrisNLA

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 7, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
3,225
Reaction score
6,071
Location
Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I just bought an Autostop Eliminator.

For a dedicated solution that disables ESS, these were the three contenders mentioned in this thread:

Autostop Eliminator - mentioned in post #4
SmartStopStart - mentioned in post #3
Start/Stop Eliminator - mentioned in post #20
  • Prices range from $99.99 to $129.95
  • Warranties range from 1 to 3 years (plus 1 year with a good credit card)
  • One does not ship to all 50 states
  • One is a site sponsor
  • Two are mentioned as or claim to be the original
  • Look for 10% discount code before buying
  • Uncheck boxes for receiving junk email and creating a third-party purchasing account
Auto Start Stop Eliminator for Jeep 2018-2026 Wrangler JL
https://a.co/d/02eePaC7

Put this one in my truck last weekend. Seems to work fine, and only $46.

It seems like other devices may remember the last switch setting, whether it be on or off. This one just defaults the system to off (button 'on') when you start the truck.
 

Stan H

Well-Known Member
First Name
Stanley
Joined
Oct 26, 2022
Threads
10
Messages
5,808
Reaction score
5,886
Location
WV
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2021
Occupation
Safety Consultant
Tazer
 

ShadowsPapa

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Threads
250
Messages
40,612
Reaction score
54,288
Location
Runnells, Iowa
Vehicle(s)
'25 JTMX, '23 JLU 4xe, '82 SX4, '73 Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
3
I just bought an Autostop Eliminator.

For a dedicated solution that disables ESS, these were the three contenders mentioned in this thread:

Autostop Eliminator - mentioned in post #4
SmartStopStart - mentioned in post #3
Start/Stop Eliminator - mentioned in post #20
  • Prices range from $99.99 to $129.95
  • Warranties range from 1 to 3 years (plus 1 year with a good credit card)
  • One does not ship to all 50 states
  • One is a site sponsor
  • Two are mentioned as or claim to be the original
  • Look for 10% discount code before buying
  • Uncheck boxes for receiving junk email and creating a third-party purchasing account
This really should include any device that accomplishes the Jeep owner's goal - Tazer is among those.
Yes, it's a LOT more expensive, but people should list what it can do aside from ESS and if they want enough of the other functions, they can decide if it's worth it to them.
If a person ONLY wants something that automatically presses the button when they start the Jeep, they can include themselves, with those three things.
They can do it for free.
But if they want other things like backup cam on when turn signal is on, or certain other functions, then Tazer may be their answer.
I don't need any other functions, so I chose the cheapest route - human intervention.

But seriously, Tazer should at least be mentioned.

I'm still looking for the DIY circuit a saw on YT a couple of years ago. I think they said it was something like a 555 timer and some other parts from one of the online electronics vendors. Some Jeep people love DIY solutions and might like making such a thing themselves.
 

ChrisNLA

Well-Known Member
First Name
Chris
Joined
Jun 7, 2022
Threads
22
Messages
3,225
Reaction score
6,071
Location
Louisiana
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
I'm still looking for the DIY circuit a saw on YT a couple of years ago. I think they said it was something like a 555 timer and some other parts from one of the online electronics vendors. Some Jeep people love DIY solutions and might like making such a thing themselves.
After popping the climate controls out and seeing how small the wire connectors and wire are in the back where the eliminator plugs in (it plugs in line with the climate control connector), I can't imagine where anyone would DIY that particular solution or find it cost effective.

From a pure 'I want to do things the hard way and enjoy a DIY project', sure - and that's totally fair. Done a couple of those myself.

But from any logical standpoint, no.

I do agree the Tazer is a sound solution if you want all of those features and want to spend $280 more.

I only finally added the eliminator because I disabled the aux battery, and I did not want to forget to press the button and then find the one time the truck gets unhappy with one battery at the wrong time 🤣
 

ShadowsPapa

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Threads
250
Messages
40,612
Reaction score
54,288
Location
Runnells, Iowa
Vehicle(s)
'25 JTMX, '23 JLU 4xe, '82 SX4, '73 Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
3
After popping the climate controls out and seeing how small the wire connectors and wire are in the back where the eliminator plugs in (it plugs in line with the climate control connector), I can't imagine where anyone would DIY that particular solution or find it cost effective.

From a pure 'I want to do things the hard way and enjoy a DIY project', sure - and that's totally fair. Done a couple of those myself.

But from any logical standpoint, no.

I do agree the Tazer is a sound solution if you want all of those features and want to spend $280 more.

I only finally added the eliminator because I disabled the aux battery, and I did not want to forget to press the button and then find the one time the truck gets unhappy with one battery at the wrong time 🤣
And yet the prototype for the commercial versions all started out as a DIY. It's really not that bad.

If I can find that video - I'd likely make a couple to see how it goes.

Prototype voltage regulator.
Jeep Gladiator Which start stop eliminator is best? reg-breadboard_4467


Moved into testing before PCB version -

Jeep Gladiator Which start stop eliminator is best? reg-breadboard_4465



Jeep Gladiator Which start stop eliminator is best? reg-prototype_4500
 

Sponsored

BlueScapegoat

Well-Known Member
First Name
Trevor
Joined
Dec 2, 2018
Threads
14
Messages
1,181
Reaction score
2,859
Location
MN
Vehicle(s)
91 ST185, 04 Ram SRT10, 04 Forester XT, SC'd 05 Rubi, 22 JTRD
Occupation
Air Traffic Controller
Vehicle Showcase
4
I just bought an Autostop Eliminator.

For a dedicated solution that disables ESS, these were the three contenders mentioned in this thread:

Autostop Eliminator - mentioned in post #4
SmartStopStart - mentioned in post #3
Start/Stop Eliminator - mentioned in post #20
  • Prices range from $99.99 to $129.95
  • Warranties range from 1 to 3 years (plus 1 year with a good credit card)
  • One does not ship to all 50 states
  • One is a site sponsor
  • Two are mentioned as or claim to be the original
  • Look for 10% discount code before buying
  • Uncheck boxes for receiving junk email and creating a third-party purchasing account
I've been using the SmartStopStart since the day I brought my Jeep home in 2022 and it's never had a hiccup or anything. Works great.
 

punchingbag

Well-Known Member
First Name
Travis
Joined
Aug 18, 2025
Threads
4
Messages
54
Reaction score
74
Location
Houston, TX
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTMT, 1999 F150 Lightning, 2024 Santa Fe
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT for Class A Office Buildings
I have used the 4dtech https://www.4dtech.com/gladiator-20-26-start-stop-eliminator/
in a 2022 Explorer, a 2024 f150, and a 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe. 0 issues with all three.

I would have gone with one in the Gladiator but I went with a used Tazer mini for other things and it already had the ess disabler built in.

Also, as an aside. It looks like most of them plug in-line at the security gateway. Call me paranoid, but I didn't want to have multiple devices plugged in there, so that was another consideration for me.

I did find at least one on Amazon that plugged in-line behind the button on the dash, but I ended up with the Tazer Mini. I have no experience with this one, but here is the link.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0FGPCCD1K/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_10?smid=A2CLNA2N38DWRU&psc=1
 
Last edited:

g2020

Well-Known Member
First Name
David
Joined
Oct 30, 2024
Threads
24
Messages
253
Reaction score
311
Location
Texas USA
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I have used the 4dtech https://www.4dtech.com/gladiator-20-26-start-stop-eliminator/
in a 2022 Explorer, a 2024 f150, and a 2024 Hyundai Santa Fe. 0 issues with all three.

I would have gone with one in the Gladiator but I went with a used Tazer mini for other things and it already had the ess disabler built in.

Also, as an aside. It looks like most of them plug in-line at the security gateway. Call me paranoid, but I didn't want to have multiple devices plugged in there, so that was another consideration for me.

I did find at least one on Amazon that plugged in-line behind the button on the dash, but I ended up with the Tazer Mini. I have no experience with this one, but here is the link.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0FGPCCD1K/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_10?smid=A2CLNA2N38DWRU&psc=1
The one on Amazon (UltraEra ‎B0FGPCCD1K), also mentioned in post #51, costs $45.98 and has a 1-year warranty.
This is what happens when the font sizes of the marketing and country of origin are equal. The country of origin is not listed on Amazon.

If a flag had not been shown in the product description on Amazon, I would not have posted this reply.

Jeep Gladiator Which start stop eliminator is best? 1790981489056-jt


Made in China by Guangzhou Shouyi Electronics Co., Ltd
Sponsored

 
Last edited:
 







Top