Who is waiting for the diesel?

Are you going to wait for the diesel?

• Total voters

mjc999

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator High Altitude
Big let down. Lost interest in the truck when I learned the diesel was not going to be avail at launch.
Had a 2014 Rubicon. Was very wanting in the torque dept.

Just one man’s opinion.
Sponsored

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
I've been waiting for this thing since the Doublecab Brute came out. What's another year lol.

Vegas_Sirk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
I never said I hate modern diesels. In fact, if you took all the shortcomings I listed away I'd be in line to get one again. Not sure why you had to "shit on" my opinion. If you don't like it, why not just ignore it and move on with your day?
You came into a thread about waiting for the diesel and had to inject your opinion on how diesels are inferior to the v6. Thats completely OFF TOPIC. This isn't a thread about benefits, or pros vs cons., and this isn't the first diesel thread you have done this too. You're all over the diesel forum on the JLForums doing the same thing.

You ask why I don't ignore your post and "move on" its because I can't, you posting the same crap in every diesel thread and its getting old.

As far as power goes, you can take the V6 which is standard and spend $5,000ish on a supercharger kit and end up with a Jeep that will blow the doors off an EcoDiesel for roughly the exact same money spent.
Yea with no warranty on a new 50K vehicle. Also, the supercharger options are crap and then you have to deal with the hassles of engine management will never run like factory.

Lastly, I didn't "shit on" the EcoDiesel. I shared my opinions on it, which is the purpose of a community forum. If you want to wait another two years for an engine that might be offered, and pay a ton more money for it, and end up with no real world benefit and an engine with a track record of complete internal failures, by all means do so. :clap: That's what makes America great
No real-world benefits TO YOU. The driveability is the #1 benefit to me. I have owned and driven a ton of turbocharged and diesel vehicles and in most cases they are much more enjoyable to drive. The only NA motors I like better are in a sports cars like in my old BMW M3 and the Jeep's V6 isnt anywhere in the same league.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Alright guys --- Truce.

I want the diesel because it has more torque, better mileage, and its cool. Don't care about any negatives.....

Carry on.

Wraith

First Name
Wraith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU my 19th Jeep
As much as I would love to have the extra power I know for certain I cannot wait another year. And to think I thought I was impatient before the reveal...

Sponsored

Reeb65

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I would love the diesel but more than likely will not have the patience to wait. I will say that the diesel in my wife's 2017 Discovery is buttery smooth and choose it over the gas version without blinking an eye. Its way soother and the fuel economy is fantastic. I don't believe it will ever pay for itself between the extra maintenance costs and the added price tag but its a great motor. The torque is very noticeable between the diesel and gas engines.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
As much as I would love to have the extra power I know for certain I cannot wait another year. And to think I thought I was impatient before the reveal...

+1

Can't imagine waiting another year, It's hard enough waiting for the late availability colors!

Fishdoc

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler X
My Jeep service Mgr told me the gasser will be less problems. He doesn’t know enough yet to say if the Hemi can be installed but they have been in JK’s. Good chance I can do it. My 2c

Fishdoc

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler X
As an add on..My salesman told me he doubts the diesel because of FCA’s desire to go E everything but It was announced at the presentation after I talked to him so it would be hard for them not to now..My other 2c

Sponsored

TexTJ209

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep CJ-7, 1973 Jeep J2000 Gladiator
As an add on..My salesman told me he doubts the diesel because of FCA’s desire to go E everything but It was announced at the presentation after I talked to him so it would be hard for them not to now..My other 2c
No offense but most dealer staff don't know their ass from a hole in the ground.

megamucho

First Name
mega
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Durango R/T, '18 BMW R1200GS
I am waiting for 2020 calendar year due to my existing lease. I’d like to have a Diesel engine in a JT, but I cannot answer whether I will wait for it specifically due to:

• Unknown cost (for both the truck and the diesel option)
  • Uncertain release date (I’m not going wait around for a unicorn, as others have stated already)
  • Concerns about first model-year powertrain issues (this is somewhat alleviated due to other FCA vehicles using this powertrain, but still a concern)

Fishdoc

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler X
Thee is only one answer that works here, one of each.
1-A gas Sport S with tow package for airstream and gear weekends.
2-A diesel Rubicon for the climate change apocalypse and to answer the begging question “What does it take to stop a Rubicon?”
Since the chart shows a 50/50 split decision delivery’s should go well

Roddy13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
There is a current lawsuit banning the sale of FCA's ecodeisel due to emmisions.. i'm surprised they even mentioned it will be offered.... maybe they are being optimistic.

Flamma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Trailhawk, 2017 Dodge Challenger 392 T/A
For me, it's buy the JT with 3.6L as soon as possible.
Drive JT and enjoy life! :rock:
If and when Jeep puts out Diesel, decide if I really need the Diesel, and if I really need the Diesel at the additional/considerable cost. :devil:
If I do need the Diesel, then pony up the extra $$$$ and trade in my JT.
Then resume driving JT and enjoying life! :rock:
Sponsored