Sponsored

Why do owners never take doors/tops off or go off-road?

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Since so many on this forum state that the towing capacity is so bad for my Overland, I bought this to tow with instead..

Jeep Gladiator Why do owners never take doors/tops off or go off-road? IMG_0198.JPG
Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Since so many on this forum state that the towing capacity is so bad for my Overland, I bought this to tow with instead..

Jeep Gladiator Why do owners never take doors/tops off or go off-road? IMG_0198.JPG
Does that rig have eye lashes?

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
They come off? OMG! And if road are made for vehicles, why would you want to go off road? Who would of thought it! This off road, must be outside the city limits in the wilderness.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Does that rig have eye lashes?
Yep, but I didn't put them on it. It also has a mustache. :facepalm:

Interestingly, it is was sold that way from a military auction at Fort Dix.

thetruth1983

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
I tear down doors for a living
You’d pop a gasket in Texas if you saw how many trucks people own compared to people that actually need a truck bed.

Sponsored

TrainMan

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Chevy Silverado, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S.
I take the 2 front panels off. Too much trouble to remove the back panel. I live by myself and can't do it by myself. Also too much trouble to remove the doors and apparently illegal in my state.

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sure other people have different reasons, or none at all, but I'll state the reasons I bought a Gladiator and why I am not really an off roader.
I have had jeeps before, and took them out a bit and enjoyed it, but I'm getting too old to dig or rig something out of a ditch if I don't have to.
BUT...living here in hurricane/flood/mudland Florida, I still need a capable vehicle to use on my property as a "farm truck" and possibly a "get me the hell out of here when the roads are destroyed" type of vehicle.
Plus I like the ability to take the top off (which I do), and I have been a Moparian all my life, and like the way they look.
Sometimes it's a work truck , but most of the time it's my daily driver. And I'll have to say, I've been quite depressed lately with all the crap going on, and driving it is one of the few things left I have that I still enjoy.

Rocksalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Lots of folks take doors and tops off.. why worry about what others may do with tgeir jeeps? To each his/her own.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, but I didn't put them on it. It also has a mustache. :facepalm:

Interestingly, it is was sold that way from a military auction at Fort Dix.
Better than what some military equipment has painted on it! LOL

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Hey can’t believe people are still responding on this thread from over a year ago. I mean shoot, she hasn’t even been seen on the forum for over a year.... lol.

But really who cares that she cares what people are and aren’t doing with their gladiator? She’s actually has a pretty good logical and Psychological question. I don’t think she was trying to piss people off... especially over a year later. I think people have jeeps because jeeps are just so damn cool, or have that capability or perception of being cool. I mean rubicon is a status symbol right?

Sponsored

PDiddy

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Architectural Illustrator
Hey can’t believe people are still responding on this thread from over a year ago. I mean shoot, she hasn’t even been seen on the forum for over a year.... lol.
who are you to tell us how to comment on a forum!

you think you’re better than me because you can read the dates on a thread and realize it’s a year old dead thread?!

Lol, I had no idea it was an old thread. Feeling a little stupid.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
It was revived several days ago, so really, the last two pages are NOT that old. You have to go back to page 6 or so to see how old it was.
Don't feel stupid. It came up as having new posts about 5 days ago.
Now if you responded to a year old post..... naw, still not stupid.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
It was revived several days ago, so really, the last two pages are NOT that old. You have to go back to page 6 or so to see how old it was.
Don't feel stupid. It came up as having new posts about 5 days ago.
Now if you responded to a year old post..... naw, still not stupid.

Yes Wednesday someone responded to it ... and the most recent post before that was from a year ago. Kinda funny that she hasn’t been seen on the forum for about a year and probably won’t see any of this

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yes Wednesday someone responded to it ... and the most recent post before that was from a year ago. Kinda funny that she hasn’t been seen on the forum for about a year and probably won’t see any of this
I think it's a general forum thing - on the AMC forum we have over 10,000 members but only a couple thousand are actually "active" at all. Some sign up, post once or twice, then are gone. Some have come back like 5 years later, others never return.
As administrator of the forum, I can go in and purge old accounts. If someone signed up 2 years ago and has never posted and/or has not returned since, I can purge those accounts.
In the process of clean-up I see a lot of the sort that come in, sort of test the waters, then leave. Sometimes it's just to get some information, they aren't normally forum type people, they get their answers and leave.
Some folks to poke in every few months, some come back years later as they had to leave because life got in the way, etc.

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think occasionally reviving old threads is a good thing. New members can get information or see things from a different perspective by reading them.
Just because the information is old, doesn't mean it isn't new to someone else. If that was the case we wouldn't have history books.
Sponsored