Sponsored

XXXXX Mile Oil Analysis

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I like to waste my money every 3 thousand miles, it gives me a warm tingly feeling all over. Now if any of you guys want my wasted oil, I will give it to you and you can finish running it another 2 thousand miles.
Back in the late 1980's when I was a freshly married young enlisted guy in the Army barely getting by, I had neighbor who changed his Corvette engine oil filled with Mobil 1 every 3 months regardless of miles which were usually sub 1K. I asked for and was given his used Mobil 1 and used that in my Toyota truck for over 2 years with no issue. I cringe thinking about it today.
Sponsored

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
Back in the late 1980's when I was a freshly married young enlisted guy in the Army barely getting by, I had neighbor who changed his Corvette engine oil filled with Mobil 1 every 3 months regardless of miles which were usually sub 1K. I asked for and was given his used Mobil 1 and used that in my Toyota truck for over 2 years with no issue. I cringe thinking about it today.
I had a 1963 Rambler Wagon at one time that was a hand me down car from my brother, it liked reclaimed oil, drain oil, two stroke oil.. It went through oil so fast it never tasted it. It looked like a tar kettle going down the road. It had foul out adapters on every spark plug.. Ahh the good old days. I can afford to feed the Jeep a little better these days lol

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
In 1969 while in high school I worked at a Texaco station. We sold Re-refined motor oil for 20 cents a quart. Lots of people would buy it, it had no weight was just all used oil filtered and delivered in 55 gallon drums. People loved the oil doesn't wear out line. That school of thought is as old as the auto.

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
In 1969 while in high school I worked at a Texaco station. We sold Re-refined motor oil for 20 cents a quart. Lots of people would buy it, it had no weight was just all used oil filtered and delivered in 55 gallon drums. People loved the oil doesn't wear out line. That school of thought is as old as the auto.
Some of it in the day was in glass jars on a rack by the gas pumps, looked like green oil. Pour it in and leave the jar to be filled again out of the bulk tank.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
Yes that's the product. We got it in 55 gallon drums and filled the glass bottles with a hand pump.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I did my first oil change in July 4th and collected a sample to send in to Blackstone Labs for analysis.
The results were emailed to me yesterday. My concern was that because I get a periodic cylinder 5 misfire that there may be some issues beyond fuel and spark.
This report seems to convey that there is no abnormal wear.
I was waiting for this before taking the truck in for a Star Case to address the misfire and get the recall flash.

Jeep Gladiator XXXXX Mile Oil Analysis 1658284216159
Here is the results of my JT oil reports so far, I'm checking it around middle of oil changes. I've not had any issues with mine. I have been using Valvoline oil 0W-20
Jeep Gladiator XXXXX Mile Oil Analysis Screenshot_20220722-132935_Adobe Acrobat
this can give you a idea of some what to expect maybe.

I try to stay out of the what oil to use and when to change it debate.

Dougstdig

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD - '08 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4
How did you get all 3 readings on there at the same time (Average, Current, and Range)? I can only get Average and Range.
When you’re on that screen hit the left or right arrow. It toggles between the two.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
When you’re on that screen hit the left or right arrow. It toggles between the two.
No, he means all at the same time like mine is setup.
That's one of the first things I did with my 22 - set that screen how I had it on my 20.
You can use screen/display setup to set it so the screen shows all at one time on the same screen with no toggling or changing pages.
You have to enter the cluster setup. I think you press either the up or down arrow and hold it until "setup" is displayed. (cannot do it while moving)
You can absolutely show range, current, average and I show trip meter A at the top so I see how far I've gone on a tank, as well as how far I have left and so on.
It's in screen setup - ya have to dig.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Here is the results of my JT oil reports so far, I'm checking it around middle of oil changes. I've not had any issues with mine. I have been using Valvoline oil 0W-20
Jeep Gladiator XXXXX Mile Oil Analysis Screenshot_20220722-132935_Adobe Acrobat
this can give you a idea of some what to expect maybe.

I try to stay out of the what oil to use and when to change it debate.
You got a lottery winner on that one!

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
You got a lottery winner on that one!
Well I try to take care of my S### quite possibly why I've got a 08 4wheeler that's not needed to take to shop and 05 LJ with over 200000 miles with out much needed to fix or replace.

OP
OP
Lunentucker

Lunentucker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
People Work?
Same here. I believe in preventative maintenance. I just hope my JT is willing to meet me halfway.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
When I worked for Boron Oil in high school. Back in the early 70's. We sold a filtered used oil too. It was cheap.

My brother had a '77 Ford F150 4x4 with the 360 POS motor in it. Had bought it brand new. He got rid of it just after having it for 3 years. He didn't have to change oil. When the valves started to rattle. He would change the oil filter and add 6 qts of oil to it.

Bell Telephone before the feds broke it up. Their Dodge service vans with the 225 slant 6 motors.. They never changed the oil in them. At the scheduled mileage. All they would do is change the filter and grease the joints. when the vans got to 80,000 mile or so. They would put them up up auction.

At the power plant I retired from. The gas turbines and steam turbine had 8,000 oil tanks. We never changed the oil. We took monthly oil samples. When the samples didn't look good on the report. we would clean the oil by sending thought a centrifugation process. After that, we would add an additive package to the oil to replenish what was lost.
Sponsored