What’s your price Point?

NortheastJeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Wrangler
The Gladiator is around the corner. We probably all have our idea trim, options and price point. Spending hours building and picking out our colors at what cost?

We can all speculate $ on the upcoming hyped up Gladiator . The Gladiator vs JL is a different animal. So trying to come up with prices vs is very hard.

I can build a well equipped Ranger for under 40k. Being a loyal Jeep person , being on my third Jeep. The Gladiator appeals to me. The legos of the automotive world.

So my ideal would be a Sport S. Tow package, 7 inch radio group and cold weather group. My ideal would be in the mid 40 ish.

Speculation with premium pricing at dealers is speculation. If Jeep prices the Sport S in the high 40’s or 50’s they are losing me.

Maybe two years after release I will pick a used one off a lease and save some coin.

Hopefully dealers will not try to bone us on premium and Jeep prices this right. I am sure Jeep loyalists who want a truck will sway to competitors who know how to price a midsize truck.
Sponsored

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Ditto, hoping for MSRP for same build around 46k and negotiated down to 40k before TT&L . I wont go higher. I'm finding 2018 Tacoma 4x4 lwb crew off-roads for 36k and I imagine it wont be too long until a Ranger Lariat 4x4 FX4 package is 36k after discounts as well. Just not going to pay another 10k for the Gladiator. Perhaps i'd settle with a Gladiator Sport S with just auto option for 38k.

bairdy380

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 Dual Cab
In Aust, I'm hoping is comes in around the $50 - $60K mark...otherwise it goes into a really niche low volume high cost market.
Think the Raptor is around the $80K+...and there aint many on the roads!
If I can come in close to $50K and then $10K for mods...I'm doing OK.
They havent really stated what market they want to target over here yet....will be very interesting if they choose toe to toe with Hilux and Ranger buyers (A massive market comparitively in Aust)

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Sport S with manual trans, 7" radio group, hard top, cargo management package, and headliner. Will drop the cargo management thing if somehow I can't get it under $40k with those options. I will also drive to Idaho if that is how I can get this thing under 40k. Not too far away. Expecting the worat in pricing even with company and maybe Costco discounts

Last edited:

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
In Aust, I'm hoping is comes in around the $50 - $60K mark...otherwise it goes into a really niche low volume high cost market.
Think the Raptor is around the $80K+...and there aint many on the roads!
If I can come in close to $50K and then $10K for mods...I'm doing OK.
They havent really stated what market they want to target over here yet....will be very interesting if they choose toe to toe with Hilux and Ranger buyers (A massive market comparitively in Aust)

yep im also hoping they dont go overboard on pricing if they get up around 79 series cruiser prices itll sink

Sponsored

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
FCA knows what it has with this Gladiator -- price it "right" and FCA has back-to-back record years...

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
Sport S with 7" radio, heated seats, possibly tow - MSRP at around $40k hopefully purchasing for less then $40k. If I cant hit that price point would likely go with JL, Tacoma, or ranger.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
One of the rules of negotiations is to never give the first number.

I'll pay $1. Your ball, Jeep.
Can you still negotiate at the dealer on a jeep you're ordering, or do they only haggle on the in stock, on the lot jeeps?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
If I have to pay more than 40k for a Max Tow Sport S then I'll likely wait to buy someone else's truck when they're done. Vehicle pricing is needlessly high anymore and I don't really want to support that.

IWantAJeepGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Can you still negotiate at the dealer on a jeep you're ordering, or do they only haggle on the in stock, on the lot jeeps?
Someone asked this and I think the response was mixed. People naturally think you will get a worse deal ordering, but that may not be true. Postives of ordering include minimal time wasted for you and dealer, doesn't take up lot space, don't have other people offering more, etc. Postives of buying off lot include actually being able to see it, using any flaws or other dealer lot cars as leverage to deal, etc. Full disclosure, I have never bought a new car in my life but I did talk to a dealer in person the other day.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Im hoping it cheaper than the JL, as it should be. The 4 Runner is more than the Tacoma, The Expedition is more than the F150. Traditionally the SUV is more money then the pickup.
Those probably all share the same frame between truck and SUV counterpart. Other than this having a front half that is mostly the same, everything else was a complete redesign. And even the 4 door cab is redone for the truck.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Someone asked this and I think the response was mixed. People naturally think you will get a worse deal ordering, but that may not be true. Postives of ordering include minimal time wasted for you and dealer, doesn't take up lot space, don't have other people offering more, etc. Postives of buying off lot include actually being able to see it, using any flaws or other dealer lot cars as leverage to deal, etc. Full disclosure, I have never bought a new car in my life but I did talk to a dealer in person the other day.
I was just reading about how dealerships make money today actually, and another point made is that dealerships generally get new models from the manufacturer using a loan... if you buy something via an order, they don't ever have to get a loan to "buy" that truck. Its actually good for the dealership to place orders... they get a cut of the sale with 0 work on their part.
Sponsored