Sponsored

Man-sized Gladiator Multi-tool!

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
Well that's one hell of a compliment, thanks!

I don't know if I would make to sell. I'm a maker, and the things I make is a labor of love. But what about this...you seem to be in-the-know and on top of everything on this forum which is awesome!! What if we create some kind of challenge, similar to the plywood challenge (or not since that kinda flopped?), and I make one for the winner. Don't know what the challenge would be, but something worthy of a one-of-a-kind (well, two actually) custom novelty Man-sized Gladiator Multi-tool. I'd be happy to make another and reward a member with it, but it would have to be a beneficial challenge to the forum. No easy freebies given here. If you like the idea or have any ideas DM me and we can brainstorm!
What about providing one to whoever makes the most complete after market bumper comparison document. Much like the wheel document I made myself. I think that would defiantly benefit the forum, especially since anyone none LE additions are forced to get a plastic bumper currently. I started a bumper document but, but life has gotten busy this summer.

PS great work on the multi tool.

Attachments

OP
OP
JT614

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I'm working on getting quotes on doing this via CNC/Plasma on metal, so just like the multi-tool, but much larger!
Curious what people would be willing to pay for something like this? And what size would be best. Mine is awesomely massive, but half that size could be cool too. Thoughts?

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor

Sponsored

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I'm working on getting quotes on doing this via CNC/Plasma on metal, so just like the multi-tool, but much larger!
Curious what people would be willing to pay for something like this? And what size would be best. Mine is awesomely massive, but half that size could be cool too. Thoughts?
This is awesome! If only somebody around here had a cnc plasma table ;). I'd be willing to do a super short run of these for a charitable cause or something. I don't have the means to do the markings cleanly, but could cut the blanks pretty easily.

Matt

OP
OP
JT614

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is awesome! If only somebody around here had a cnc plasma table ;). I'd be willing to do a super short run of these for a charitable cause or something. I don't have the means to do the markings cleanly, but could cut the blanks pretty easily.

Matt
Thanks! If we could make this half the size, roughly 10x24" I could handle the lines and decals. That size would be more manageable from a vinyl perspective.

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit
Hate to be a Debbie Downer as I'd love to buy one of these, but wouldn't it be trade mark infringement if you sell them? Jeep's logo is trade marked for sure, and the image on the multi-tool could be trade marked or copy righted, as well. I believe it's okay to reproduce them for personal use, though. Any lawyers around that can shed some light on this?

OP
OP
JT614

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hate to be a Debbie Downer as I'd love to buy one of these, but wouldn't it be trade mark infringement if you sell them? Jeep's logo is trade marked for sure, and the image on the multi-tool could be trade marked or copy righted, as well. I believe it's okay to reproduce them for personal use, though. Any lawyers around that can shed some light on this?
Thanks, Debbie :) No soup for anyone :(

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

Sponsored

BuiltRight

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I won't be the one to put a logo on the side, but based on my experience, it's unlikely that a wall-art sized likeness would be any sort of issue.

I'd also only be interested if it was for a charitable cause or a prize or something - not really the type of stuff I make to sell at the moment.

Matt

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Easy. Accept a $30 "DONATION" to wounded warriors or tread lightly or something. @BuiltRight and @JT614 would be donating their time..... Something like that.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
You made my feet hurt. Boo!!! I want one!!!:CWL::CWL::CWL::CWL:

Soccermike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JT GCMLE '19 JLU '08 JKU
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I got a multi-tool from local Dealer the day they arrived in their office. Now if yours was painted Granite Crystal, you could claim to have the one and only GC Gladiator! Kudos for the authenticity.
Sponsored