Sponsored

Jeep Gladiator Mojave Edition! [Updated With Live Pics and Chassis/Suspension Breakdown]

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition

JEEPN X 4

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep JK Unlimited Sport, 2014 Manley ORV Original Trailer
This had my interest as well. For an overlanding builds, something between the Sport S max and the Rubi is needed... this might just be it. I don't think we'll see this edition/trim in the diesel though due to the 4.10s :(
100%. This is looking nearly ideal for an overland build. Great out of the box, or add a small spring lift / budget boost with shock adapters to keep the shocks, and 35's or 37's. Maybe a couple additional skids and some kind of bed cargo management and you're done...

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait for the heated Mojave vs Rubicon threads this trim will create!
I'm waiting to see if this desert edition/trim will have the cold weather group options. lol It gets cold in the desert at night and in the early mornings.

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
Very interested in this trim!!! I love my rubicon, but also love high speed! Living in California nearly all our wheeling is high speed or moderate technical trails. For overlanding I don’t think this is the best option since you loose payload and towing. If they release a diesel version of this, I’ll be trading mine in.

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Full list of Rubi/Mojave differences here. Many other minor structural enhancements and steering wheel grips!
https://www.fourwheeler.com/news/jeep-jt-gladiator-mojave-vs-gladiator-rubicon-whats-difference/
Very interesting. Getting some serious MOJAVE FOMO. I like that they strengthened basically all critical components and what they did with the axles and suspensions. Also the lift and different offset will look good stock. Surprised they did not make changes to the brakes but i guess there's not much hard braking in the desert

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
For overlanding I don’t think this is the best option since you loose payload and towing.
This edition has the same payload as the manual Rubi (and more than the auto Rubi) and the towing falls almost in the middle of the manual and auto Rubi. So, I think that is a pretty good spot to be in.

I personally was going to get the auto Rubi because I wanted the lockers and a few other options that are Rubi only. An auto Mojave gives me the rear locker (great for overlanding), a higher payload and a tow rating still 1500lbs more than the trailer I'll be pulling with it. If they would be the diesel in it, it would be bang on for an overlanding build.

Akwestender

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Cherokee
Vehicle Showcase
Is this the same T-case in the non Rubicon?

Sponsored

hjdca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon manual Sting Gray
Build Thread
Link
No sway bar disconnect, and no front lockers, makes sense since it is a high speed desert rat. The 4:1 transfer case in the Rubi will not be missed in the desert. I use 4WH in the dunes anyway. This is a real nice edition. Kudos to Jeep !

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
This edition has the same payload as the manual Rubi (and more than the auto Rubi) and the towing falls almost in the middle of the manual and auto Rubi. So, I think that is a pretty good spot to be in.

I personally was going to get the auto Rubi because I wanted the lockers and a few other options that are Rubi only. An auto Mojave gives me the rear locker (great for overlanding), a higher payload and a tow rating still 1500lbs more than the trailer I'll be pulling with it. If they would be the diesel in it, it would be bang on for an overlanding build.

All of these upgrades come with compromise: While the Mojave's payload capacity matches the Rubicon's 1200 pound rating, towing capacity has been decreased from 7000 to 6000 pounds.