Sponsored

Factory trail camera install?

scuuuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Abarth, 2017 WRX, 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
I saw the video processor too. It's pricey. Wasn't sure if it was for the front camera or maybe both cameras.
Ok some more research today...

the video processor seems to be for the ADAS system or forward collision system. I deduced this by looking at the descriptions. The trail cam is called off-road camera. The adas stuff is called forward camera. So we may not need the processor after all. I wasn’t able to dismantle my washer bottle today. I did poke around and don’t see any harnesses for the camera. Anyone know where they may be? My Jeep has the LED package.

B38BFBCC-4E7F-4ABF-B227-38CD5EC43DC1.png

7AE20E59-69F1-4AB7-8795-C07F6AF7F4CF.png

159F30EA-EC8C-42D5-8C7F-9415963D0EC7.jpeg

DC68F657-FD1E-4455-BA23-C6B057EEB863.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
I believe all of the parts have been found except maybe the wiring harness. I am hoping it's already there with the 8.4 radio and LED lights.

DVC

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Great job sorting this out so far! Looking forward to following in your footsteps on this....

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Pumpkin Orange
How much out the door for the ZAutomotive foward trail cam?

Can you post a link?

Sponsored

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's also odd how the icons on your display show both being rear facing.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It's also odd how the icons on your display show both being rear facing.
That’s how the Tazer front cam option works. It simulates a cargo camera for a Ram, and uses that to give you the input for the front camera.

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
How hard was it to wire up. in other words how hard to RIP apart the dash to access the back of the display screen. Thanks.

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
good Afternoon
i have been following this thread and now that i have parts on order, i decided to do my research after the fact.. what i found is both good and bad. the good is this can be done. however, you will need to determine if your Gladiator has the central video processing module. if you do, then the install is pretty easy. if not, then you will need to obtain that unit which is part #68329740AE and costs 306.00 online. this part is behind the subwoofer. the other part you will need is the video cable from the camera to the processor. there is one harness that is only 42.00 online and that part number is 68406737AB.. however, the main section is part of the main wiring harness in the engine compartment. to find the end that will connect to the camera wiring harness, look just aft of the left headlight and you will see two wires that are video cable that are bolted to the body. there is no connector at that end. the second part of the wiring to the CVPM i am still working on. i found on my Overland that i do not have the CVPM., but most of the wiring is there. i am sorry for both the good and the bad news. if you have any questions please feel free to ask. have a great day
Bryan

OP
OP
mtpilatus

mtpilatus

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Gladiator Rubicon
Great job.

Sponsored

SoCalGladiator

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great info. Do tou need all this is you have a Rubicon with adaptive cruise control and crash avoidance? I thought the video processor was done by the controller.

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
as i did my researsh, i found that you have to have the LED lighting system, but i am not sure if the Adaptive cruise control is involved with the CVPM it does make sense. let me do some more research on this.

dstephns

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 1966 Sunbeam Tiger
as i did my researsh, i found that you have to have the LED lighting system, but i am not sure if the Adaptive cruise control is involved with the CVPM it does make sense. let me do some more research on this.
Thanks for doing the research. I have had camera, grill and bracket on order for about a week now but have not heard anything from from suppliers. Just a pending charge. I have the 8.4 inch display and the LED light package, but no Adaptive Cruise Control on my Rubicon. I'm very interested in adding the OEM trail cam to the Gladiator. Really curious if the Rubicon has the video processor already installed. Kind of a weird place behind the rear seats near the subwoofer. I have not popped the plastic cover off to look ... yet.
thanks again for your research on this topic.
Dave

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
by pulling the back panel off was how i found out the CVPM was not in the jeep. as to the adaptive cruise control, the camera and radar unit is in the box in front of the rearview mirror. i am working on the issue of the wiring from the Can bus that is located behind the left rear seat to the CVPM. this may take awhile. However, to see if you have the CVPM, try looking behind the panel that is behind the left rear seat. pop the panel off using a flat trim tool and see if there is more then three connectors. i have not looked in to which place the CVPM connector fits. i hope to do that tomorrow. i have attached 2 pictures to help you with your looking. i hope this helps.

IMG_5771.JPG

IMG_5772.JPG

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
the connector that is part of the can bus will have two wires. one dark blue and the other is white with a orange stripe.
Sponsored