First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Altitude
Occupation
Retired
This edition is missing the mandatory diesel with 10" stove pipe through the middle of the bed and sporting 40's on 30" rims and no front driveshaft... :facepalm:
And don't forget that 'reverse rake' where the front is 6" higher than the rear 😁.....
Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like there's a new Texas Trail Gladiator trim.. Not sure if this is only showing up because I'm in Houston..?

Can't find any info on it, doesn't seem to have a press release yet

1607023295996.png
If you move to Texas, you're required to have Texas Trim tattooed on your ass. Now, before the Stetsons hit the barroom floor, it's the same in California, i.e. the Ford Mustang California Edition. Don't know where the idea that vinyl and a sticker price increase makes good marketing... but it doesn't. Stay away from this and go with what JEEP intended and not what Cal Worthington and his dog Spot want to sell you.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
And don't forget that 'reverse rake' where the front is 6" higher than the rear 😁.....
I think you must have us confused with North/South Carolina.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gulf_coasterHTX

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Subaru Ascent, '21 Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
Petroleum Engineer
So 'Spy Hunter' is a real thing in Texas?

I will remember to add 'smoke screen' to my truck next time I drive through.
Yup, that’s more or less how my daily commute looks:captain:

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
Yeah.. too bad the trim actually isn't all that great. Branding a trim as with a Texas badge should require something more substantial. I can get a sticker and some new tires for my Sport S on my own.. Good idea, Jeep, but looks like a fail..?
It's all hat and no cattle. Just like many of the Texans I knew when I lived in Houston. :CWL:

A real Texan doesn't need a truck that says Texas all over it to prove something.

I'd get a $31k sport and throw a lift, sway bar disconnects, and 35's on it then have some fun. and I'd still have about $3 grand in my pocket to do some other things with it.

That base sport is just a darned bargain, IMHO.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It's still lacking to be the TX edition it needs chrome door handles, hood latches, grill, bumpers, rims AKA everything not painted and cow "fur side" leather seats, dash and TX. longhorns on hood. :LOL:

lrtexasman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
I wonder what finally changed at Jeep to allow the leather backseat with cup holder into the TT. Really irritating that they did not do this across all trim levels. They also added the better looking front bumper, hardtop, and upgraded wheel package all as standard. For those looking for non Max tow loaded Sport S this is a solid package. I’m ordering with diesel so the Max tow was out anyway. Salesman told me me likely Feb to March delivery.

jtimbrook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon, 1946 CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
If you move to Texas, you're required to have Texas Trim tattooed on your ass. Now, before the Stetsons hit the barroom floor, it's the same in California, i.e. the Ford Mustang California Edition. Don't know where the idea that vinyl and a sticker price increase makes good marketing... but it doesn't. Stay away from this and go with what JEEP intended and not what Cal Worthington and his dog Spot want to sell you.
See this is a common misconception. Us Texans reserve our right butt cheek for the Texas flag and the left cheek for the Gadsen Flag. We normally have a locative tattoo across our belly in Old English like me with "El Chuco" signifying my allegiance to the city of El Paso... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Now as far as theTexas Trail trim level, I think it's a what suits your needs issue. I prefer having the Max Tow package and honestly if the incentives were good enough and it offered that option I would have looked at this trim when I purchased my Gladiator. Overall though it's an appearance package just like the vast majority of "special releases" Jeep puts out and slaps the extra few hundred for. I'm sure though I'll see plenty of Texas Trail editions pop up around time and I think I'll start the countdown clock now to see how long before the first guy here in town throws a 10" bro-truck lift on it and throws a set of 33's to pull off that classic I need more lift than tires look running around all over the place...

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
Biggest state by far (prior to 1959). Was its own country for a while.
Hawaii was it own country too. King kamehamea ruled. I know, I spelled his name wrong. But Being big doesn’t mean much.

I would like a State of Maine Edition. Big wheels, a lift and comes standard with moose antlers mounted on the top of the windshield frame. Of course it would be Rubicon based.

DaleG

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.disinfecting4u.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Infiniti QX50, 2015 Cruisers Yacht 45 Cantius
Occupation
Self Employed
Always lots of hate for my great state of Texas from the monkey gallery! Yes, Texas is my home state, (58 years)I’m a native of Texas (5th generation no less). Texas is a “State of Mind” and though I do love living in SW Florida ( No WINTER!) Texas will always be home, and Texas Edition pickups will ALWAYS be the best!
Sponsored

Last edited: