Sponsored

Flush Mount Tail Lights

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Def. not as plug n play as they say. I already had LED tail lamps, and didn't use a resistor, but receive warnings about the tail lights being out. I went in with JScan and changed the voltage settings back to stock, and just turned off the diagnostic information for the rear turn signals instead.
hi did this work for you?
i did the same thing. i have the LED package. not using the resistors. turned off diag info for rear turn sigs with JScan in adaptations.

i still get the tail lights out warning in both lights
Sponsored

ALL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK, 2021 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2016 WK2
I gotta admit, these lights are better than I thought they would be. I had no issue with the plug and play. Coming from halogens, everything seems to work as intended. It has been a cool experience to see this through from idea, to designs, to prototyping and testing, and production. Thanks @ORACLElights
Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights Screen Shot 2021-10-16 at 9.22.26 AM

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
i did the same thing. i have the LED package. not using the resistors. turned off diag info for rear turn sigs with JScan in adaptations.

It really shouldn't matter what your OEM lights were wrt to the LED settings in JScan. The 'Active' settings for the various rear LED bulbs works correctly. This is found under the adaptation menu and it isn't the toggling on or off about diagnostics. I would leave that section alone.

Go to adaptations for rear blinker, rear brake, and rear turn. If all are 'active' then try toggling them to 'deactivated' and then back to 'active'.

Having LED from factory shouldn't matter with this.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara

Nope, I was still getting the left turn signal was out, even after disabling the diagnostics per JScan. What seemingly has fixed it (knock on wood) is that I actually set the LED Turn Signals value to Deactivated instead of Active and haven't had the error come back. I just drove it around for 2 hours today, plus some yesterday.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
Well... mine arrived (a day late which is typical for USPS these days), and in less than stellar condition. @Oracle Designs, shipping them in a secondary box vs a plastic bag may be prudent. Luckily mine don't seem to be damaged inside the box, I can't imagine how long I'd have to wait to get replacements if I find out they are once I install.

PXL_20211016_163921347.jpg

PXL_20211016_163938367.jpg

Sponsored

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It really shouldn't matter what your OEM lights were wrt to the LED settings in JScan. The 'Active' settings for the various rear LED bulbs works correctly. This is found under the adaptation menu and it isn't the toggling on or off about diagnostics. I would leave that section alone.

Go to adaptations for rear blinker, rear brake, and rear turn. If all are 'active' then try toggling them to 'deactivated' and then back to 'active'.

Having LED from factory shouldn't matter with this.
thanks. i tried this, ‘deactivated’ all of them. turn off the truck for 5+ mins. then activated all of them again. waited for 5+ mins. turn on the truck and warning light still on for both.

what am i doing wrong?

salsadoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nope, I was still getting the left turn signal was out, even after disabling the diagnostics per JScan. What seemingly has fixed it (knock on wood) is that I actually set the LED Turn Signals value to Deactivated instead of Active and haven't had the error come back. I just drove it around for 2 hours today, plus some yesterday.
thanks.
i reactivated the rear light diagnostics. then deactivated rear LED turn signals with JScan.
i still get the warning in both lights.
now it’s getting kinda annoying

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
Good news (update, see issues below), mine installed without too much hassle. My only complaints were adding my own adhesive tape to the resistors and having to disconnect the top-most body side harness anchor from inside the tail light cavity to gain a little extra cable flexibility when attaching the lights; there just wasn't enough slack in Oracle's harness to run it all the way up to the body side harness location and still have enough to properly install them. Fitment is as good as the OEM halogen units, on mine the OEM's had a fairly consistent 1/16" gap all around both units, and the Oracles are more or less the same (just a bit tighter around the radius portion and a bit wider at the front corners which I don't mind). I cycled through the turn signals a few times and ran the emergency lights for a bit to make sure no bulb error messages popped up, so far so good. Happy camper as long as the reverse lights work (waiting on my GF to help test that later).

FYI: I have a Sport S with factory halogens, no blind spot units.

UPDATE WITH ISSUES:

@Oracle Designs, @JP_Oracle
My reverse lights do not stay on for more than a couple seconds when I shift into reverse. They cutout and won't come back on unless I restart the Jeep, then they turn off again after being in reverse for 2 or 3 seconds. For kicks, I also removed the units quick and noticed mine also has the screw interference issue. If the lights worked fine, I'd probably just bend the sheet metal back a bit to clear the screw head, but I'm putting the OEM's back on until I either send these back to Oracle or they come out with a fix for the reverse lights that doesn't involve a programmer.

Full list of issues for my OEM halogen Sport S with no blind spot sensors:

Last edited:

MHulsey91

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Well... mine arrived (a day late which is typical for USPS these days), and in less than stellar condition. @Oracle Designs, shipping them in a secondary box vs a plastic bag may be prudent. Luckily mine don't seem to be damaged inside the box, I can't imagine how long I'd have to wait to get replacements if I find out they are once I install.

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights PXL_20211016_163938367

Jeep Gladiator Flush Mount Tail Lights PXL_20211016_163938367
Mine are a day late already and probably won't be here until Monday now. They were scanned 5 times in Detroit so I'm worried that they will be damaged.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
thanks.
i reactivated the rear light diagnostics. then deactivated rear LED turn signals with JScan.
i still get the warning in both lights.
now it’s getting kinda annoying
I would try toggling it again, as another member mentioned.

EDIT: Just saw that you already did that. Can try it again. Do you restart the ECU after you've made the changes?

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Mine are now an uknown ETA. USPS is terrible, says they left LA one the 12th and no other status than arriving late with the 15th still showing as the day. lol

I hope I get them soon, but not hopeful at this point.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I finished fitting mine. I do think they look good. I would call it "high end aftermarket". Best aftermarket option for sure. I personally think an improvement on OEM look.
They fit about as good as oem....You MUST HOLD THEM IN PLACE WHEN INSTALLING. Dont let the screws torque them into place.

Generation 2 would be well served with a rubber gasket and some slight refinement in the shape where it meets the body of the vehicle.....Again they do look good as is. This is just honest/constructive criticism.

They absolutely made the cables too short....I also had to remove the clip holding the jeep's wire harness to the body. There is no way this would have reached otherwise. This is a design flaw.

I echo the sentiment that a solution for the resistor should come in the box. I used 3m sticky for now but am concerned it may come loose if too hot....resistors get hot. The resistor has screw holes so I will likely explore using them later.

I have/had halogen oem. I did not change anything with my tazer. No codes so far.

The backup/reverse lights stay on for me. I did notice that if you are in reverse, pull the E-brake and leave it in reverse in order to get out and look at the reverse lights, they turn off when you open the driver door and do not turn back on after closing the driver door. You have to actually put it in park again then reverse to reactivate the reverse lights.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Mine are now an uknown ETA. USPS is terrible, says they left LA one the 12th and no other status than arriving late with the 15th still showing as the day. lol

I hope I get them soon, but not hopeful at this point.
Dont trust USPS scanning.....they are frequently not reflective of the items true location. I've had items scan in different cities after I already received it. You still may or may not be screwed though!

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Enginerd
The backup/reverse lights stay on for me. I did notice that if you are in reverse, pull the E-brake and leave it in reverse in order to get out and look at the reverse lights, they turn off when you open the driver door and do not turn back on after closing the driver door. You have to actually put it in park again then reverse to reactivate the reverse lights.
The Oracle reverse lights were definitely shutting off on their own on mine, I had my vehicle backed into the garage and was monitoring the backup lights from the backup cam on the wall behind the vehicle. No doors were opened (damn nanny that auto parks it). I would just put it in reverse, watch the camera, and after a couple seconds they turn off while still in reverse the whole time.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
The Oracle reverse lights were definitely shutting off on their own on mine, I had my vehicle backed into the garage and was monitoring the backup lights from the backup cam on the wall behind the vehicle. No doors were opened (damn nanny that auto parks it). I would just put it in reverse, watch the camera, and after a couple seconds they turn off while still in reverse the whole time.
I'll try mine again tonight, but I don't recall them cutting out while I was parking.
I just remember it being so bright, there's barely any red looking back through the side view.

Update: I put it in reverse for 30 secs and they stayed on. I know our set up is different, but it's good to get some data points out there.

Again, I went from factory halogen to these. Removed the resistor and used JScan.

Reverse lights stayed on
No flickering
No dash errors

Wires too short.
The fitment on mine aren't great.
And the screw scraped the paint.
No double side tape on resistors.

Hope some of these common notes help Oracle improve their product.
Sponsored

Last edited: