First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Regardless of what I get, I may buy the charging door for the front cowl just so I can park in the EV spots. There are a ton of them in greater Boston.
Lmaop.......do it.

I live 7 miles from work, so I'll just charge it at work since it's free
Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
Alright; let me rephrase to justify my previous post. Yes, definitely headed in the right direction with the 4xe. Hybrids and electric vehicles are the wave of the future, no doubt. But consider this.

#1. I got a Jeep because they are simple and off road dependable, 4Xe defeats that.
#2. Demand for Jeep Off-road 392's has exceeded forecasted production (regardless of chip shortage) This is a vehicle for performance
#3. If plug in hybrids were really the way, top sellers of FCA vehicles, like the Challenger would have that option.
#4. Prius (really? are you emphatuated with the ability of this car? is it the styling?)
#5. Once off road, 4x4ing or Overlanding, the dead electric batteries and heavy electric motor become nothing more that a cumbersome weight and technological burden.
#6. Hybrid Technology is not used on any of the major off roading events, and for good performance trade off reasons, look at the top 5 off roading events.

For a JT owner that acquired a JT to do off-roading, the hybrid option is not the vehicle for me, and the 1st few years of owner feed back will provide the disappointing off-road proof. The 4xe vehicles are getting there, but FCA should have started with the smaller jeep vehicles, and proven the technology with them 1st. Last I looked, the JT still has mixed reviews by owners concerning comfort & dependability ratings, and is still facing an uphill battle for market share. If Jeep continues in an attempt to make it appealing to the "General Public" and morph it into an appealing urban hybrid truck, true jeep enthusiasts will shun it, and it will be discontinued, like past jeep trucks. Jeep needs to stay true to their origin, make it simpler, (dump all the goofy tech packages) more dependable and focus on the off road capabilities, or it will end up like the Dodge Rampage. The 4xe is nothing to get excited about in my world, even though it is creating a Global warming alternative to most on this thread. Anyone in the market for and interested in a Hybrid truck will gravitate to the Ford Maverick, so they can really feel good about a hybrid vehicle. Just my thoughts and predictions.

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sting Gray Sport S
Occupation
Software Engineer
Alright; let me rephrase to justify my previous post. Yes, definitely headed in the right direction with the 4xe. Hybrids and electric vehicles are the wave of the future, no doubt. But consider this.

#1. I got a Jeep because they are simple and off road dependable, 4Xe defeats that.
#2. Demand for Jeep Off-road 392's has exceeded forecasted production (regardless of chip shortage) This is a vehicle for performance
#3. If plug in hybrids were really the way, top sellers of FCA vehicles, like the Challenger would have that option.
#4. Prius (really? are you emphatuated with the ability of this car? is it the styling?)
#5. Once off road, 4x4ing or Overlanding, the dead electric batteries and heavy electric motor become nothing more that a cumbersome weight and technological burden.
#6. Hybrid Technology is not used on any of the major off roading events, and for good performance trade off reasons, look at the top 5 off roading events.

For a JT owner that acquired a JT to do off-roading, the hybrid option is not the vehicle for me, and the 1st few years of owner feed back will provide the disappointing off-road proof. The 4xe vehicles are getting there, but FCA should have started with the smaller jeep vehicles, and proven the technology with them 1st. Last I looked, the JT still has mixed reviews by owners concerning comfort & dependability ratings, and is still facing an uphill battle for market share. If Jeep continues in an attempt to make it appealing to the "General Public" and morph it into an appealing urban hybrid truck, true jeep enthusiasts will shun it, and it will be discontinued, like past jeep trucks. Jeep needs to stay true to their origin, make it simpler, (dump all the goofy tech packages) more dependable and focus on the off road capabilities, or it will end up like the Dodge Rampage. The 4xe is nothing to get excited about in my world, even though it is creating a Global warming alternative to most on this thread. Anyone in the market for and interested in a Hybrid truck will gravitate to the Ford Maverick, so they can really feel good about a hybrid vehicle. Just my thoughts and predictions.
How does a 4xe ruin off road capabilities and dependability? Honest question because I'm leaning 4xe and nothing screams 4xe is going to ruin what a Jeep is capable of.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

You are deluding yourself if you think a jeep is simple. Its as complex as any other modern vehicle. About the only thing still simple on a jeep is the suspension design.

Demand has exceeded production for a number of reasons. One of which is that jeep can only build so many 392s. The CAFE number is a weighted average. The more 392s they sell, the lower the CAFE.

A hybrid can provide performance AND decent fuel economy.

It will - the most powerful Ferrari ever made is a hybrid. (La Ferrari)

You are revealing your ignorance on how hybrids work. There are no dead batteries. The battery is continually charged while driving by the gas motor and regernative braking. Its energy can be used for the brief periods when maximum power or torque is required.

I'm not sure if you know this but Formula 1 cars have been hybrids for around 7 years. The technology is insane. Its only a matter of time.

One other thing possibly preventing adoption. Hybrids store energy that would have normally been wasted when you brake. Running at wide op[en throttle across the desert is not an environment where a hybrid will have much chance to recover energy. So it makes little sense in that environment.

Notice that I haven't said a word abut being green or saving the planet. That's because I don't care. I like powerful cars. The 4xe makes as much torque as a 392, and it makes it at a lower RPM. And it gets far far better fuel economy. Which if you drive it every day, matters.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Just picked up a 4xe Wrangler last night. I'd kill for this power train in the gladiator. The torque off the line with the high HP and smart system makes for amazing driving dynamics. Considering how important torque off the line is for off roading this thing kills gas engines because it uses it off the line then goes gas for the higher speed cruising.

0-60 under 6 seconds is a blast

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
Just picked up a 4xe Wrangler last night. I'd kill for this power train in the gladiator. The torque off the line with the high HP and smart system makes for amazing driving dynamics. Considering how important torque off the line is for off roading this thing kills gas engines because it uses it off the line then goes gas for the higher speed cruising.

And thank you for the no shit ground truth drivers experience. I'm really hoping this lands in the JT for 22

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow

Exactly. I have been shouting this from the roof tops and it falls on deaf ears. Once you drive this powertrain you get it, and all the rambling is just stupid.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Exactly. I have been shouting this from the roof tops and it falls on deaf ears. Once you drive this powertrain you get it, and all the rambling is just stupid.
Would it do great towing on the Davis dam at 100+ degrees or whatever? Probably not, but I don't give a shit. Even if this is 4 or 5k only I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Honestly after driving the wife's wrangler I'm seriously considering a Rubicon 4xe and a small trailer 😂

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
I like my JT, and I have it setup the way I need it for towing. However, if a Gladiator JT 4Xxe comes out, I would trade my current JT in the next day…
cheers

Sponsored

md_adirondacks

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JT Mojave
And thank you for the no shit ground truth drivers experience. I'm really hoping this lands in the JT for 22
Using no sources and no industry information whatsoever, I highly doubt we see the 4xe in a Gladiator in 22. I would guess 23 or 24 to give Jeep more time to sell the existing drivetrains and then have the potential for original 20 and 21 owners to trade up to the new options.

While its not the best selling Jeep, its still selling and holding off would be a "make more money" business decision.

jamief

First Name
jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 landcruiser
I'm also here entirely just to see news on a potential 4xe JT. I doubt it will be next year simply because they don't want to take away focus from the new Grand Cherokee which is a shame. In the mean time I'm sitting here with cash for a brand new vehicle and not a single manufacturer is making a PHEV with a bed, can tow a reasonable (over 5000lb) load and is good offroad. The Maverick is a car and there is talk that it will only be front wheel drive in canada to prevent it from poaching Ranger sales.

So here I sit waiting for an announcement of a PHEV JT or something more than the rumours of the PHEV Ranger coming out of Australia.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
Just an update 332 miles so far on half a tank of gas and 1/2 of that was used driving it on highway from the dealer to our house when the battery was empty because the dealer hadn't charged it. Also best timed run 5.5 in 4h
Sponsored