Sponsored

[POLL] Will you be purchasing/trading in for a 2025 Gladiator 4xe?

Will you be purchasing/trading in for a 2025 Gladi 4xe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

storyg

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP JK
The electronics may please many but I would prefer a JEEP to be more like my old J-10. Which I still kick myself for selling to a friend of mine years ago. I miss that old truck. Except for its too skinny and small drum brakes which made standing on the brakes an often-used technique to Whoa Nellie. Especially when all four drums were wet from rain. No electronics and no electric windows or door locks. Simple. Never happen from the factory again I know but I'd buy a Gladiator in a minute if it was a stripper. A truck. A truely fundamental off-road vehicle first, and pavement queen second. But of course, easily configured by an owner with factory or aftermarket add-ons to be whatever we want them to be mechanically, electrically and electronically off road, on-road or both.
Sponsored

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I voted yes, but they're probably won't be a manual transmission available in a 4XE, so unless they completely eliminate a clutch pedal in the JT line, I'll be passing.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
If Jeep wants more money from me, the only answer is Hurricane 6MT

In the world of things that will never happen, this combo will never happen the most. I think Jeep is more likely to axe the manual altogether than they are to put the I6TT into the JL and JT. And lord knows even if they DID put the I6TT in this platform AND keep the 6MT, they certainly wouldn't combine them.

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
Yo.

They cant even get 2x 12v batteries to work and you want a 60v hybrid battery tucked under the bed?

Sponsored

montechie

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJ Rubicon, 2022 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Writer of code, designer of things
If I was in the market and I believed that the Gladiator isn't getting canceled after '24 sure, but am totally happy with my current truck and miss not having payments.

High Alextude

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland High Altitude
I don’t even know what I’m eating for dinner tonight.

Badunit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Rubicon, 1997 TJ
No for me, but I won't go so far as "I'll die before ever buying one". My vote is "No, unless an EV becomes the only kind of small truck that we can buy". Or "No, until the range and fill up time become equivalent to a gasser and battery fires can be put out and battery replacement is not so costly and the special materials for the batteries and motors do not have us dependent on China".

Other than that, I'd love to have the torque an EV provides.

Sweetums

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJR, '21 JTDR, '00 VFR800, RSV4, '11 MTS 1200
I'm going with "no" because I just barely got my EcoDiesel and would like to at least buy a set of tires before I trade it.

I'm very interested in a plug in hybrid that uses essentially zero fuel for 90% of my driving and can operate silently to sneak around the woods and get photos of the critters.

Sponsored

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
No. But not for any of the listed reasons in the poll. I like to hold onto vehicles and avoid car payments.

I’m super excited to see a 4xe, but unless I win the lottery-pass.

coalcracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2007 2-door Wrangler X
Same as some of the others — I like my current Gladiator that I just got in January, but none of the options in the poll align with my reason.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Gladiator owner
4xe GC owner (who had MAJOR problems)

The system is WAY overly complex. Especially compared to the extremely straightforward 3.6.

You have the turbo, the e-torque motor, the high voltage system, the electric motors, the clutch system to combine them, the added cooling, etc.

NOT A CHANCE

One and done with these plug in hybrids. Never again.

OP
OP
Mister Lamb

Mister Lamb

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willy's
Occupation
Power Plant Operator
While the poll isn't over, it seems like the overall consensus is a fat "No" (along with me being an idiot).

A lot of ppl claimed they'll die before going hybrid/EV which doesn't surprise me.

My prediction is that when Cali gas prices are the new norm, a lot of people's hands will be forced. At that point, I probably wouldn't be buying an over-engineered Stellantis product though
Sponsored