First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 XC90 - 23 JTM - 19 JLUR - 04 355 ZQ8
Occupation
USA(R), DoD Field Ops Engineer
What are you even going on and on about this time?

It probably will show up (didn't say it wouldn't). And yes if it does it will be because of mileage across the platform, hopefully to offset and make the 392 possible.

But if it doesn't show up it will likely be because it won't beat the V6 or diesel in towing more than just around town.
Dude, are you the drunk posting type???(saw this all the time as a Moderator on other forums) Read the several post you made before this in this thread......I'm pretty clear on my points (which were in response to your post).

OR are you the official non-contributing troll??? There is a reoccurring theme here, you talk shit and sling poo on everyone's post. Please identify your expertise other then talking shit? Your one of those member types I have met before in person....take mad game or shit via the keyboard but in person your silent.
Sponsored

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It probably doesn't make any financial sense to go through all the testing and regulatory b.s. to add an engine that doesn't attract *new* buyers. Not buyers who were going to buy a Gladiator anyways... people who wouldn't consider the Gladiator unless it had the particular engine they are thinking of putting into it. 4xe would bring some new in, but enough to offset the costs and make it worthwhile if they are already doing fine for CAFE etc?

Converting people who would not have bought the Gladiator but for <xyz> engine is all that matters for incremental gains to offset the costs.

Unless Jeep REALLY wants to run a 392 Gladiator out there and needs the 4xe to offset it, I don't see either engine happening.

But with Ford having killed off the Bronco truck and no V8 in the Ranger or others there isn't any competitive pressures like there is with the Wrangler. Jeep needed a 392 Wrangler and for that it also needed a 4xe Wrangler. Those competitive pressures don't exist on the Gladiator.

The Wrangler currently sells 2.3x more volume than the Gladiator, and with the tow capacity already limited to 3,500lbs they don't need to worry about bad press for not towing well.

Maybe they will still do it, maybe they think they will get enough new buyers.
Its funny that you say that. I have been on the fence between the Gladiator and the new Bronco for a while. In the balance was the fact that the Bronco had better (for me) engine choices. But eventually the desire for a pickup was stronger and I'll be ordering a Gladiator soon. But I AM that person.

If the 4xe had been available, my choice would have been the Gladiator from the beginning. 370 hp and 475 ft lbs of torque is hard to argue with.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Its funny that you say that. I have been on the fence between the Gladiator and the new Bronco for a while. In the balance was the fact that the Bronco had better (for me) engine choices. But eventually the desire for a pickup was stronger and I'll be ordering a Gladiator soon. But I AM that person.

If the 4xe had been available, my choice would have been the Gladiator from the beginning. 370 hp and 475 ft lbs of torque is hard to argue with.
No you're not who I'm referring to, because you bought the Gladiator even though 4xe wasn't available. They had your sale anyways.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Lets wait and see. Best answer.

Jeep engineers have already announced a full electric line up by 2025. I think its brilliant and it will keep Jeep buyers loyal for years to come. Brands not moving to some type of electric will die as fuel and costs of living continue to skyrocket. I know in my area where I pay some of the highest fuel costs in North America it will be welcome option and likely keep a Jeep in my driveway.

Sponsored

ThatStinging_Jeep

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon In Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe my cancelled/unaccepted order is a hint and preparing me for better options. Shit I'd take a 4xe JT Rubicon 375hp/470ftlbs........hell yes. My commute to work is only 14 miles a day.

I don't care, torque for 37s w/o a diesel or supercharger on a weak V6
See now that you mention that much power,that makes me wanna trade in my ecodiesel Rubicon that I got since I traded in my gasser for it and uhhhm that amount of power sounds real good.... Decisions decisions 😂
But I might not since I've already got the point we're Im happy with the truck and I got welded on rock sliders that I can't take off so that's my commitment lol

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Lets wait and see. Best answer.

Jeep engineers have already announced a full electric line up by 2025. I think its brilliant and it will keep Jeep buyers loyal for years to come. Brands not moving to some type of electric will die as fuel and costs of living continue to skyrocket. I know in my area where I pay some of the highest fuel costs in North America it will be welcome option and likely keep a Jeep in my driveway.
I think you have hit on some of the issues with these - some areas they'll sell like crazy, others not so much. In states where it's miles just to the next small town, or even the next farmstead, they won't sell worth a hoot. Fuel is also typically cheaper in those areas. But where your drives are shorter, power is everywhere and fuel is expensive, they'll go fast.
The world is changing, some areas it's changing faster than others. Some areas can support these easily, others not so much when you have to drive an hour just to see a human.

If one solution fit all people, we'd all be driving the same thing in the same color with the same tires and with the radio set to the same station.

Courtsm3

First Name
Kayle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
I think you have hit on some of the issues with these - some areas they'll sell like crazy, others not so much. In states where it's miles just to the next small town, or even the next farmstead, they won't sell worth a hoot. Fuel is also typically cheaper in those areas. But where your drives are shorter, power is everywhere and fuel is expensive, they'll go fast.
The world is changing, some areas it's changing faster than others. Some areas can support these easily, others not so much when you have to drive an hour just to see a human.

If one solution fit all people, we'd all be driving the same thing in the same color with the same tires and with the radio set to the same station.
The last paragraph is hilariously accurate. Everyone in Vancouver drives a white Tesla 3.

texanjeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport-S Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
I.T.
The last paragraph is hilariously accurate. Everyone in Vancouver drives a white Tesla 3.
I'm wondering if the current power grid is set up for 75 amp plugs in everybody's driveway to charge these vehicles. I suspect that in many, if not most neighborhoods, they're not even close to being ready for something like that, and that will have to be sorted out before your electric Shangri-la comes to fruition.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
2 hour of charging can be scheduled about any time, and is not much different than the new modern induction stove tops, most newer houses come with.

The Facebook want to convince you the grid is not ready for whatever reason, but most newer neighborhoods will be fine with plug in hybrids.

I have a tattoo of a blower and piston on my shoulder, and love the smell of nitromethane, but I can admit to a good power plant when I see one.

Sponsored

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
The Jeep 4XE charging is setup for 60 amp chargers, same system currently used on the Chrysler Pacifica HyBird vehicle. I use the sam 60amp charger with the wife’s Volt, and the chargers can be programmed to charge during non-peak hours, like from 11pm to 6am. Most homes have at least 100 amp service, and many newer ones have 200 amp service drops. So adding a 60 amp cage charging unit just requires one being wired in.
cheers

Jonny A

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Bridge Construction and Maintenance
With all the power outages around me in the winter, electric only vehicles suck. So a hybrid with a decent sized engine is warranted. Due to lack of always reliable winter charging.
We rely on gasoline generators just to get us through. Some neighborhoods to lose power for a week or more at times is not unusual. Those who live in the same power grid as hospitals are the lucky ones, they get power back first. I don't live near a hospital.
I have hopes the solar and the electric motors and such do get more efficient and user friendly. In time I suppose. Just like steam, diesel and gasoline weren't that great when first utilized.
The batteries for electricity storage will hopefully have a breakthrough technology that can be utilized by the masses. Capacitors and such.

Until such a time, I will rely on my anemic gasser. I have no problem with that.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
The Jeep 4XE charging is setup for 60 amp chargers, same system currently used on the Chrysler Pacifica HyBird vehicle. I use the sam 60amp charger with the wife’s Volt, and the chargers can be programmed to charge during non-peak hours, like from 11pm to 6am. Most homes have at least 100 amp service, and many newer ones have 200 amp service drops. So adding a 60 amp cage charging unit just requires one being wired in.
cheers
Lol that's a great thought until plug in cars are more ubiquitous and there is no longer any non-peak times because that's when everyone is charging their cars. Now the grid is ran 24/7 at higher capacity. Our electrical system can't handle this long term right now and people just don't seem to get it and the govt. doesn't care because it doesn't fit the agenda. I'm all for hybrid/electric vehicles but if we don't get ahead of this we're going to suffer like Cali with rolling blackouts and whatnot country wide. Hopefully we don't lose part of our grid because it's so old and in such shitty condition. We need a major overhaul and it's going to take a lot of time and money. Oddly enough not 1 of the things we have budgeted for.

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
A lot of you point out a negative that once battery power is gone all you have is the i-4 gas engine powering it but Jeep already thought of that and have stated that a large chunk of that battery power is reserved for driving assistance of the engine that will last the same as a tank of gas. So even if towing or not towing the computer calculates how much battery it’s using and shuts off full electric power when the battery time on engine assistance drops to the level of your fuel distance to empty.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Lol that's a great thought until plug in cars are more ubiquitous and there is no longer any non-peak times because that's when everyone is charging their cars. Now the grid is ran 24/7 at higher capacity. Our electrical system can't handle this long term right now and people just don't seem to get it and the govt. doesn't care because it doesn't fit the agenda. I'm all for hybrid/electric vehicles but if we don't get ahead of this we're going to suffer like Cali with rolling blackouts and whatnot country wide. Hopefully we don't lose part of our grid because it's so old and in such shitty condition. We need a major overhaul and it's going to take a lot of time and money. Oddly enough not 1 of the things we have budgeted for.
If you wait for the government yeah, but there are a ton of supplemental power options for homes these days. I am currently looking at the Generac power sotrage system, and have not decided on a solar grid yet
Sponsored