First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Huh, intresting. Mine came back fine. They did do an alignment and it isn't actually aligned lol
That sad, Jeep SFA alignments are so straight forward (no pun intended).

My best friend bought his from the same dealer on the same day, identical JTR to mine except for color. I had him call the service advisor and run his vin, it didn't apply to his. Must be a very small batch on a certain day or something.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Day later then promised, just got my truck back. Here's the paperwork if it's helpful to anyone. The service advisor said it only applied to a select few trucks? Hopefully this means my cams will live a long healthy life.

20240321_171407.jpg
That listed Rapid Response Transmittal "RRT 23-131" would have the lowdown on what drove that replacement. Must be pretty fresh as it has not been picked up on Google. Would need someone with Tech Authority access to get a copy.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Well, 24 hrs since I got it back. Other then some greasy fingerprints all over my intake manifold, it's just as smooth, quiet, and peppy as it was before (Shrug). I'd love to see the substance of this RRT and why my truck was part of the specific target group.

MudderNuker

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired@52
I currently have both an Ecodiesel and a Pentastar. I also have a 2.0 E Torque turbo in a JLU Rubicon. The Pentastar is unacceptably gutless in western mountains but it has proven to be the most reliable.
The published towing numbers for the Pentastar are ridiculous unless you’re ok with “safely” towing at 45 MPH @ 4,500 RPM.
I love the Ecodiesel and I’m considering grabbing another one before they’re all gone.
Coming from a '21 Sierra 1500 AT4 Duramax diesel and towing the same flatbed and camper, all I can say is that the 3.6 on my JTW is more than adequate. While it doesn't have a mountain of torque I was surprised at how well it tows our 20 foot Geo Pro and our tandem axle flatbed with my YJ on top. Gas mileage is similar to the Duramax while towing as gas engines tend to be more efficient than diesel when towing. 14 mpg on the Dmax and 13 MPG on the JTW. Not having to worry about DEF fluid and expensive diesel makes up for the slight disadvantage on the 3.6. By the way, I live in a mountainous area in NM and our property sits right at 7,300 ft. in elevation. My JTW has 33" tires and I didn't notice much difference if at all when I upsized from the 32" tires it came with.

Also, I owned a '13 Grand Cherokee for 10 years and the only issue I had with the 3.6 was the oil pressure switch which I fixed.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/first-toad-verdict-🐸-1992-yj-with-the-2021-willys.70419/

Last edited:

BigRed2020

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator (Sport S)
Occupation
Truck driver
60K on my 2020 Gladiator and my wife has 19K on her 2021 Grand Cherokee… also we had a 2012 Grand Caravan with the 3.6 w/160K when we got rid of it and the only maintenance I did was spark plugs, the front half of the rocker arms and a thermostat… other than general maintenance the motor was very solid. Never left us stranded!!

cranbiz

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2017 WK2 Trailhawk, 2012 JK
Occupation
IT Analyst, Volunteer Firefighter
It's a solid motor. I have a Gen 1 in my JK and 2 Gen 2's, one in the Grand Cherokee and in the Gladiator.

Yes, I have a 12 JK and it needed the head replaced under warranty but that's the only issue I had with it that was Jeep's fault. I proactively replaced the oil cooler in the JK at 110K with a Dorman but that was because I was in there to replace the temp sensor. The Grand is at 120K now and I have only put plugs in it at 100K.

The 3.6 does everything I ask of it.
Sponsored