First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
Don't forget the D44s in JTs are larger and thicker (by 10mm) than JLs. I run 37s on both my JTR and my JKUR and have never seen a problem, and I DD them, rock climb them and have been around plenty of 37s on stock D44s for years....rarely ever seeing a problem. Any problems I have seen have been heavy feet, avid offroaders or accidents. Both my JTR and JKUR axles and axle housings are completely stock...except the rear axles on the JKUR that ended up with bend axle flanges while running 35s several years back. So it has forged axles back there now.

I didn't hesitate for a second to add 37s, which I added 30min after driving off the lot. I've put 4600 miles on it and its been on road trips to CO from TX (20mpg) and rock crawled in Texas....all without an issue at all.

I think if you're wanting 37s then you'll regret going 35s. With KO2s I have no audible road noise over stock, admittedly I only had about 10 miles on my stock tires but I paid very close attention on the freeway knowing this was the case.

94BE4527-53D1-418A-B18F-6A455871242F.JPEG
I've seen this a few times now and always think it looks great.

Did you do any spacers or modifications to get the 37s there and fully functional? I've heard people say you need to get rid of the front bumper "wings" and possibly put some spacers for full articulation and the wheel turned.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen this a few times now and always think it looks great.

Did you do any spacers or modifications to get the 37s there and fully functional? I've heard people say you need to get rid of the front bumper "wings" and possibly put some spacers for full articulation and the wheel turned.
Thanks.

I did not use spacers. For DD'ing it doesn't rub anywhere at all. I have a stock lift too, for now. It does rub some at full articulation when wheeling, but not enough to damage anything...just leaves rub marks under the front fenders, which is nothing spacers would help with...in fact they might hurt if they get the tire rubbing on the outer lip of the fenders. Nothing needs to be done to the bumper at all.

Sponsored

bigbeerdrinker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Sahara, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
35s will be fine on stock rims, although they'll look a little doughtnut-y. You may also see a little increased wear vs properly sized rims because the rubber is being stretched differently.
Thanks...I was just trying to see if I could save a little dough by not having to by wheels. That was such a silly though...I know darn well that I should just do it the right way.

EmergencyMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland w/ 3in Mopar lift and 35s
Vehicle Showcase
Trying to make a smart choice here. Really like the looks of the JT Rubicon with 37`s over 35`s both stock height and with the Mopar 2 inch lift. My concerns are drivability, every day city and Hwy, towing and reliability with 37`s. Will 37`s put to much strain on the stock drive train? I do not plan on doing any hard core off roading with the JT just mild stuff i have another off roader for the gnarly stuff.

Any JT owners with 37`s please share your experience. Thanks in advance.
IMG_20190902_175651.jpg

So much hate for 37’s... for me it was an easy choice, I have tire size envy. I daily and highway drive my rig. Been on a bunch of technical trails in Colorado. And so far no issues, and yes I will be beefing up my suspension stuff soon to handle all the extra weight... I’m super impressed with my JT and what it can do with the 37’s. Glad I went that way.
No technical info for you but I love the 35s with a 3in Mopar lift.

willemlock

First Name
Willem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator, 1998 TJ 1947, CJ2-A Willys
I'm running 35's on mine and I've been hitting some hard rated trails in California. My next set will be 37's. My concern was the factory warranty. Jeep will honor the warranty when you run 35's but 37's and up they will start asking questions... Given how new these are I wanted to give it some time and let people with more money than me run it for a year or two lol. What I would like to see now is the difference between 37x12.5R17 and 37.13.5R17 fitted to a 9.5" wide rim.

Sponsored

OP
OP
RH 67

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I'm running 35's on mine and I've been hitting some hard rated trails in California. My next set will be 37's. My concern was the factory warranty. Jeep will honor the warranty when you run 35's but 37's and up they will start asking questions... Given how new these are I wanted to give it some time and let people with more money than me run it for a year or two lol. What I would like to see now is the difference between 37x12.5R17 and 37.13.5R17 fitted to a 9.5" wide rim.
I was planning on 35`s but Jeep mounting 37`s on the JT got me thinking why would they promote this if it were not ok. https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2019/...ladiator-with-10000-in-mopar-accessories.html

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
I didn't realize until reading that article that if you bought 10k in jeep accessories that you got a free set of 37s for the build. Hell of a deal right there.

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ran 13.5" on my JKUR for the first set of 37s I had. Fro the second set I went back down to 12.5". I really like the look of the wider tires, but it was just not worth the extra weight and wear and tear. The 13.5" used a lot more rubbing and pinch seam cutting, even with a 4" lift and full upper and lower adj. control arms. I have no idea if that will hold true on a JT, but just something to look into before getting them.

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
Don't forget the D44s in JTs are larger and thicker (by 10mm) than JLs. I run 37s on both my JTR and my JKUR and have never seen a problem, and I DD them, rock climb them and have been around plenty of 37s on stock D44s for years....rarely ever seeing a problem. Any problems I have seen have been heavy feet, avid offroaders or accidents. Both my JTR and JKUR axles and axle housings are completely stock...except the rear axles on the JKUR that ended up with bend axle flanges while running 35s several years back. So it has forged axles back there now.

I didn't hesitate for a second to add 37s, which I added 30min after driving off the lot. I've put 4600 miles on it and its been on road trips to CO from TX (20mpg) and rock crawled in Texas....all without an issue at all.

I think if you're wanting 37s then you'll regret going 35s. With KO2s I have no audible road noise over stock, admittedly I only had about 10 miles on my stock tires but I paid very close attention on the freeway knowing this was the case.

94BE4527-53D1-418A-B18F-6A455871242F.JPEG
Did you have to run a wheel spacer to use the stock wheels with those tires?

TlukeTX

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Trying to make a smart choice here. Really like the looks of the JT Rubicon with 37`s over 35`s both stock height and with the Mopar 2 inch lift. My concerns are drivability, every day city and Hwy, towing and reliability with 37`s. Will 37`s put to much strain on the stock drive train? I do not plan on doing any hard core off roading with the JT just mild stuff i have another off roader for the gnarly stuff.

Any JT owners with 37`s please share your experience. Thanks in advance.

I have 35s and they run great. They look substantially better than the 33s and did not sacrifice any comfort in the ride at all. I have the Rubicon and did not make any adjustments to the ride height (leveling or lift). I have no issues lock to lock. I did lose a little fuel economy but not too terrible. I too was concerned with the ride of the 37s. I don't think you get any substantial increase in capability or looks by going to the 37s as compared to the drive comfort loss.
Sponsored