Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of Billet Silver people like lifts! I'm running a 3.5" coil spring lift with 37x13.50 RBP Repulsors on 22x10 Moto Metal Link wheels. I DD and do very little off roading and love my 37's!! I had the same wheel/tire setup on my JKU and the Gladiator is substantially better suited to handle them with the Max Tow pkg.

20190819_204151.jpg

20190826_193033.jpg

20190828_112805.jpg
Sponsored

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
No, they clear DD'g without spacers. Zero rub.
Thats good to hear, i've been considering synergy spacers. Learn me on what DD'g means. Thanks

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
No, they clear DD'g without spacers. Zero rub.
wait.. maybe it means daily driving? If so, would you run spacers for peace of mind if you were off road a bit more than weekend warrior?

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
Love my 37s and drove from FL to Va 1000 miles in one day and 75-80 mph like nothing. And the beefier brakes being a Ram 1500 rear suspension definitely makes a huge difference over the JLs and JKs really can’t compare.

D5CF19AD-EF8B-4BBA-A601-1286E064C5F8.jpeg
9830E262-7756-4781-815F-98FF5640F325.jpeg

Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
wait.. maybe it means daily driving? If so, would you run spacers for peace of mind if you were off road a bit more than weekend warrior?
Yes, daily driving.

I do offroad it, but spacers won't play any role in changing the slight fender rub I get, only a lift will do that. But the full articulation rubbing I do get is only the front end and doesn't do more than lightly rub under the fenders. In fact spacers might make it worse if it were to push the tires out to the outer edge of the lip of the fender.

LidLess07X

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Recon, 2001 TJ Sport, 2018 Mustang GT PP1 with Roush S.C.
I like this, the tires are not sticking way out beyond the fenders which is a no no here in California. What are the specs. on your rims? back space, off set. Would 35`s be a good idea on stock Rubicon rims?
Not sure of the specs but they are AEV Borah’s. The ones for the JK and JT have a different backspace from each other to allow for the wider axles. I called AEV directly to get the part number and then ordered them from Quadratec.

Side note; My Toyos are load range C which are a little harder to find but ride way better than the E’s. I don’t rock crawl so sidewall strength doesn’t mean anything to me.

Good luck

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Gladiator Rubicon (Sting Grey)
Hey guys, admitted newbie here. Think I know what 35's I want to run, and planning on getting the mopar 2 in lift - 35X12.50R17 tires. To do it right, what size (dimensions pls) rims/wheels do I need to properly support these expensive ass tires? One more question: with these being wider than stock, will they stick out much? or will they look right at home in these cavernous wheel wells.. (Rubi)
â—‹ humbly submitted

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, admitted newbie here. Think I know what 35's I want to run, and planning on getting the mopar 2 in lift - 35X12.50R17 tires. To do it right, what size (dimensions pls) rims/wheels do I need to properly support these expensive ass tires? One more question: with these being wider than stock, will they stick out much? or will they look right at home in these cavernous wheel wells.. (Rubi)
â—‹ humbly submitted
Go to the manufacture's site for the tires you want to run and it will tell you what size rim range you need for those tires. Then look for a wheel that you like in that range. You'll have to do some math (but there are online calculators for it) on the other wheel specs like offset/backspacing to get close to stock stance (if that is what you want).

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
â—‹ humbly submitted
Most people run an 8.5-9” wide wheel with 12.50 tires, but it can be done with a stock 7.5” wide wheel, and it does vary quite a bit. Offset/backspacing also varies based on everyone’s opinion about what looks best. If you like them tucked in, the AEV +25 offset is a good choice. If you like them sticking out from the flares a few inches, there are a lot of people running negative offset wheels. I like them to stay under for the most part but wasn’t willing to pay AEV prices, and went with a +11 offset Quadratec wheel. Good luck with your decision.

BA7B6011-F4D7-43FF-BF3E-2B13846E0EA7.jpeg

Sponsored

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Go to the manufacture's site for the tires you want to run and it will tell you what size rim range you need for those tires. Then look for a wheel that you like in that range. You'll have to do some math (but there are online calculators for it) on the other wheel specs like offset/backspacing to get close to stock stance (if that is what you want).
Thank you Etoimos! will do. I appreciate it.

Captn_Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Most people run an 8.5-9” wide wheel with 12.50 tires, but it can be done with a stock 7.5” wide wheel, and it does vary quite a bit. Offset/backspacing also varies based on everyone’s opinion about what looks best. If you like them tucked in, the AEV +25 offset is a good choice. If you like them sticking out from the flares a few inches, there are a lot of people running negative offset wheels. I like them to stay under for the most part but wasn’t willing to pay AEV prices, and went with a +11 offset Quadratec wheel. Good luck with your decision.

@Renegade - As shown in your pic posted, that looks great.. what I'm after. Are those Ridge Grappler 35's (maybe 37's)? Believe I recognize the tread pattern. Also, does yours have the mopar 2 inch suspension lift? *appreciate the intel, very helpful.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
@Renegade - As shown in your pic posted, that looks great.. what I'm after. Are those Ridge Grappler 35's (maybe 37's)? Believe I recognize the tread pattern. Also, does yours have the mopar 2 inch suspension lift? *appreciate the intel, very helpful.
Thanks- I’m running 37x12.50-17 Ridge Grapplers with the 2” Daystar lift (for now).

Jeep Rookie

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet

Just for thread info... I ordered the AEV Borahs for our Gladiator Rubi that is on order. After speaking with AEV, I ordered the JK version of the Borah which has a +4 vs the +25 to get "some" reasonable bit of a wider stance.
Just wanted to relay that option out here...