Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Vehicle Showcase
37s on max tow here. Regearing is not necessary (havent towed heavy yet). Did fine running in mud that submerged the tires completely (FL). You will notice "decrease in power", but the motor/trans handles it well, so long as u recalibrate the speedo.
What lift did you use to get 37’s on max tow. What did you use for speedo recalibration?
thanks
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
It’s interesting that on these the 37’s seem to bend light and make the whole Jeep look bigger... put same tires on a TJ, and the Jeep looks small... but put them on the JT, and the whole thing grows!
U dew realize that the one also sits 2" higher, right? 2" lift with 1" spacers compared to just 1" spacers. That's 2" plus the height increase in tire size lifting it even more, then the gap between tire and fender.
I'm sure you are joking about the camera angle - perspective like others mentioned already.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
It’s interesting that on these the 37’s seem to bend light and make the whole Jeep look bigger... put same tires on a TJ, and the Jeep looks small... but put them on the JT, and the whole thing grows!
Agreed. Now I need 37s (and a re-gear, and a lift, new drive shaft)

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
U dew realize that the one also sits 2" higher, right? 2" lift with 1" spacers compared to just 1" spacers. That's 2" plus the height increase in tire size lifting it even more, then the gap between tire and fender.
I'm sure you are joking about the camera angle - perspective like others mentioned already.
Yep, it was an attempt at humor. But it is crazy how the new jeeps just swallow up larger tires. With a TJ, you KNEW it had larger tires on it when you looked. Now, 35's look like 33's on the jeep, and 37's look like 35's. (I know that is also due to the fact that tires rarely measure out to their numbers...)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, it was an attempt at humor. But it is crazy how the new jeeps just swallow up larger tires.
Yeah, few tires actually look "too big" on a Jeep Wrangler, or JT - especially the latter. On certain other vehicles, ugh, yeah, too big. But the Jeep designers know their stuff. 33 to 37 all look fine, unless there's some perspective or comparison, or some spacial anomaly, it's hard to tell.
Try that pic with a fish-eye lens or setting - might be fun.

Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I suppose I'm the only crazy person who thinks 37s look way too big and 35s look about right with a lift, smaller without a lift. When my stockers wear out, I'll be shooting for something an inch or so bigger than the stock 285/70.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
With my gear ratio, bigger tires are out of the question.
So it will be 33s for the foreseeable future.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
I suppose I'm the only crazy person who thinks 37s look way too big and 35s look about right with a lift, smaller without a lift. When my stockers wear out, I'll be shooting for something an inch or so bigger than the stock 285/70.

No, you're not the only one, thats exactly how I feel....

Im very happy with the look and height of stock Rubicon on 35's and the 4.10 gears. I could add a two inch Mopar lift but really don't feel I need it. On a Sport S... you definitely could go with a 2" inch lift, but its not as necessary with a Rubicon and 35's as it is already higher from the factory.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I did the 1" leveling kit, and like that look. When it's time for tires, I'll look at a 285/75 or 305/70, which puts me around the 34" range. But at the current rate of so little driving, it's gonna be a while. I'm doing about 650 miles a month now.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The JTR will stuff 37's like it was made for them...

Jeep Gladiator 37″ vs 35″ Tires Side-by-Side Comparison Look IMG_2708
Jeep Gladiator 37″ vs 35″ Tires Side-by-Side Comparison Look IMG_2705

Sponsored

RealMcCoy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT
Occupation
Retired
So maybe people will stop asking about it . lol
Mine(37s) with a Mopar 2” lift and 1” spacer. The BFG K02s are small 37s, they measure about 35.6”.
The black one has Nitto G2s 35s with a 1” spacer.
Both on 17” Fuel Rebel wheels.

View attachment 97664
nothing better than a good set of 17" wheels. JT looks good and lots of air down with some 27" treads. Looks good..

FLUndertaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 1986 Jeep CJ7
Do we have anyone here who went with 40s? Based on many pictures and descriptions of what’s been done I bet with a legit 2.5-3” kit and a set of flares you could fit them. Wheel choice would be important due to offset I would think.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
That's what she said;)

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
The BFGs are not true 37s. They're a 36 on a good day if you overinflate them tremendously. Just sayin.
Show me a true 37 that states that it's 37. I have now seen a brand that measures over 36.1.
Sponsored