Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Hey guys,

While I’m waiting for my Gladiator Rubicon to be built I am trying to decide on which lift kit to get.

I initially wanted a 3-3.5” but looking at what is available hasn’t appealed to me.

I had a JKUR with A 4.5” AEV DS lift on 37” K02s and loved it. Drove better than stock.

Im looking for those that have either the AEV spacer lift or the Mopar lift and can weigh some Pros and Cons from experience with them.

I can‘t seem to find any one that has the AEV lift yet.

If you have pictures of your setup that would be great as well. Preferabley looking for Rubicons with these lifts with 37” K02s or 38” Milestars.

But open to pics of different set up.

Hope you all can help me decide.
Sponsored

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Excited to see if you get any responses, I am pondering the same decision. I would ultimately like to get the full AEV kit like they have for the JL.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Excited to see if you get any responses, I am pondering the same decision. I would ultimately like to get the full AEV kit like they have for the JL.
I’m the same way, but seeing how I know AEV spends time doing R&D and takes time to get stuff built was wondering if I should just go with the Mopar instead or, run the AEV spacer kit temporarily until AEV has their complete kit out.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Anybody have any feedback ?

MTDIRK

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
I have been looking at these as well. I think on the rubicon the AEV lift will add 2” to the suspension. I think the Mopar is a 2” for the sport and replaces the springs. Since the Rubicon is already longer springs I think the net effect on a rubicon is different.

I don’t think AEV will be doing a dual sport for the Gladiator. If you look at the EVO lift it looks like they stole the front control arm correction brackets and got to market first. Those brackets were the game changer on the JK & JL.

I would just buy the AEV kit while waiting for other options but i have only seen it offered with the procal and I hate to buy that and a tazer. Only an extra $100 but I hate being forced to buy things I don’t want.

Sponsored

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

njjeepthing

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blinkerfluidproductions.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Event Planner
I am waiting for the true AEV spring kit, not the spacer kit. They said it's coming, just don't know when. I've ran AEV on almost all my other Jeeps and been super happy, so IMO it's worth the wait.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I went with the AEV spacer kit. I like it just fine. I have the AEV 3.5” DS on my JKUR and love it. I really don’t need more spring on the JTR. It has the articulation I need. The spacers raise the belly enough for me. The JK needed more lift, so the full kit was needed. I like my JT Rubi springs and shocks and didn’t like the idea of tossing them.. I’m happy with the choice. Good luck with yours.

Before and after shots with stock tires and wheels. Bigger tires coming when I spot the next good sale.

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2” spacer lift vs Mopar 2” 4AF49463-2EAC-4B41-B566-720AA22C423A

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2” spacer lift vs Mopar 2” EE63CF70-C223-45B1-8C54-A2EBECCDE58E

Sponsored

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
How long have you had it and do you have any complaint with it ?

being that I had a very cheap on my JKUR and then replaced it with an AEV DS kit it was night and day difference. i just want to make sure that the AEV kit is worth it, because if not I’ll go Mopar. Unless AEV releases their 2.5” before my Jeep shows up.
I went with the AEV spacer kit. I like it just fine. I have the AEV 3.5” DS on my JKUR and love it. I really don’t need more spring on the JTR. It has the articulation I need. The spacers raise the belly enough for me. The JK needed more lift, so the full kit was needed. I like my JT Rubi springs and shocks and didn’t like the idea of tossing them.. I’m happy with the choice. Good luck with yours.

Before and after shots with stock tires and wheels. Bigger tires coming when I spot the next good sale.

Jeep Gladiator AEV 2” spacer lift vs Mopar 2” EE63CF70-C223-45B1-8C54-A2EBECCDE58E

expfinn

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon

Looks good! How is the ride quality?

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good! How is the ride quality?
I can’t say I notice any difference from stock. I’m sure a cross wind will have some additional impact with the truck being a bit taller, just basic physics. Even with some windier days recently the drivability seems unchanged.

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
How long have you had it and do you have any complaint with it ?

being that I had a very cheap on my JKUR and then replaced it with an AEV DS kit it was night and day difference. i just want to make sure that the AEV kit is worth it, because if not I’ll go Mopar. Unless AEV releases their 2.5” before my Jeep shows up.
Installed on March 14. I have no complaints. This is just a spacer kit so the springs and shocks on the truck remain the same. Cheap kits with shocks and springs with little R&D can definitely muck up the ride and handling.

2” is all I wanted and this spacer kit fits my needs. Spacers, longer end links, the drive shaft monoblock spacer and the procal... all the pieces I really need for the stance and tire clearance I’m after. I think my JKUR 3.5” bundle cost me around $1800 back in 20112. I don’t regret that lift. It drove great and was a good fit for that jk and my needs. The JT doesn’t need as much, so I opted for this spacer kit.

I had given a lot of thought to the Mopar lift figuring it had been well designed and tested. When I saw the AEV spacer kit, I realized immediately that it was a perfect fit for me.

I don’t ever advise cheaping out on a suspension. I consider it wasted time and money. Just think hard about what you want in the end. Good luck with your choices.

OP
OP
JTRUBI

JTRUBI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jk rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I’m the same way. I never want to cheap out on suspension or wheels and tires. I loved how my JKUR rode on the AEV 4.5” DS. So I want that quality ride. I was going to do the Mopar but then I saw the AEV and now im interested in this.
Installed on March 14. I have no complaints. This is just a spacer kit so the springs and shocks on the truck remain the same. Cheap kits with shocks and springs with little R&D can definitely muck up the ride and handling.

2” is all I wanted and this spacer kit fits my needs. Spacers, longer end links, the drive shaft monoblock spacer and the procal... all the pieces I really need for the stance and tire clearance I’m after. I think my JKUR 3.5” bundle cost me around $1800 back in 20112. I don’t regret that lift. It drove great and was a good fit for that jk and my needs. The JT doesn’t need as much, so I opted for this spacer kit.

I had given a lot of thought to the Mopar lift figuring it had been well designed and tested. When I saw the AEV spacer kit, I realized immediately that it was a perfect fit for me.

I don’t ever advise cheaping out on a suspension. I consider it wasted time and money. Just think hard about what you want in the end. Good luck with your choices.
Sponsored