AEV 2" spacer lift and trackbar adjustment

georamorim

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Rubicon
I have a 2020 JTR and am looking to install a mild lift this summer. I want some more clearance, but it's not a rock crawler so it's either the Mopar lift or the AEV spacers. I've read may installation tutorials on the Mopar lift and most say that you should also install either an adjustable track bar or install an adapter to lower the trackbar. Of course this makes sense since lifting the truck will pull the axle over to the side a bit. However, I have not read a single thing yet that says the same thing about installing a spacer lift. The net effect is the same with the spacer lift but nothing I have read recommends the trackbar adjustments. Is there a reason why? Or is it that those installing spacers either don't know, don't care or don't realize the axle shifting.

Anyone here install the spacer lift and did you see the need to drop the trackbar to compensate for the axle shift?
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I’ve installed several JT lifts with an adjustable track bar, and also an AEV 2” without. The front axle is slightly off center without an adjustable track bar, but it doesn’t cause and adverse handling effects at just 2”. You shouldn’t significantly relocate the track bar unless you’re using a drop pitman arm or high steer setup. Those generally aren’t needed unless lifting 4” or so.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
I installed a 2.5" Readylift and didn't do a adjustable track bar on mine until I put the Rubicon Springs on the front as well. Gave me a total of 3-1/4 inches of lift. With just the 2.5 spacers I couldn't tell a difference in how it drove. Honestly I didn't add the adjustable track bar after the adding the Rubicon springs for about 4 months and it still drove well.

Tuggernuts

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Occupation
Truck driver
I have the AEV lift on my Mojave. I just went out to check the axle measurements and they are dead on, stock trackbar.

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
I did the mopar without the Trackbar, Front or rear. I suggest you go with the AEV Spacer first. This Mopar is great 2-, 2.5 or almost 3, but I am still adding parts to try to perfect the onroad ride. It is 90% perfect and I could own it for 50 years but the 10% bad is not good for my wife. That's a big deal to me.

Considering AEV spacer lift or Clayton RIde Rite at 1500 or 2300.. Also if you want to skip the spacer lift, maybe look at Clayton 2.5, 1500 Ride RIte, but it does not come with shocks. Or do the Mopar, has shocks and buy track bar. 35X12.5 -17 BFG ATs. 8 inch mopar wheels.

I added a Fox steering shock, not because I needed it but it did improve ride 20%. I added JKS, Geometry correction brackets and they improved ride another 20%. So now I have Mopar lift for 1250, Fox steering shock for 150 or so. JKS Correvction brackets for 240?

Check with your Parts Counter and see if they will give you employee discount for 25% on the lift. Mine did. 1250.

Good Luck.

.AEV Pucks or Clayton ride Rite.,

Sponsored

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
I don't think you can lift it without shifting a bit. my mojave with the 2inch aev was off center a little less than an inch. I really like having things centered so I did adjustable track bars front and rear.

Ar4130

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, JT
I installed the aev spacer lift and my axle was noticeably off center, before I installed my adj track bar.

Do it right the first time.....they are not that expensive of an add on.

Arisdocjk

First Name
Aris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Optometrist
I added a steer smarts front trackbar. Mine was off after the AEV lift.

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I've been running at AEV spacer lift for almost 25,000 miles without any problems. I have stock track bar.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Overland Diesel
I have 3.5” springs in the front and running the stock track bar. No need. It’s about 1/2“ off center and I don’t care. It’s causes no issues.
Sponsored