eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
So when I searched that J42059, I came up with this part:

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-57450...AADQV279PV8&psc=1&refRID=QNTTFS0YMAADQV279PV8

I think I'm going to order one for future use.
I just check it on amazon to see if it fits that Gladiator and it said no. You should check Jeep first.
And, unless you plan on doing another Gladiator, why bother?
There is a good chance it will fit. I have my dad's 2016 JKUR listed in my "amazon garage" Amazon listed this as compatible for that. I have noticed multiple things that people share on here listed as compatible with his jeep and not the gladiator, yet they work just fine. My guess is Amazon is way behind on something so new.

Reactions: KVJ

mmulroy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
IMG_1939.jpeg
Went with 2 self tapping screws. It's a little tight, but it works. You need to mount it high on the cross member, otherwise the cables won't fit.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I just check it on amazon to see if it fits that Gladiator and it said no. You should check Jeep first.
And, unless you plan on doing another Gladiator, why bother?
I wanted it in case I ever needed to do another JL/JT. Was able to test it out today, it works and makes the removal a 20 second affair. Definitely recommend it for $13 if you want to do the Redarc in the 12V outlet spot.

Sponsored

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
That is good to know. It will help those who want to want to remove the socket in the future. Thanks.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
How well does that trim piece fit? e trailer sent me the smaller rectangle one and it doesn't cover the stock hole.
The round one fits really well. Once you remove the lighter socket, it will snap right in. I did need to make a small notch to let the alignment tab go in, but it’d covered completely. I would image the square one does not work at all. Here’s mine when I was all done.

2425D515-8F0A-4B4B-899C-592C7DD41295.jpeg

JWest

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon LE, JLUR Bikini Pearl, JLUR Granite Crystal, JKU Golden Eagle
Installed mine today. I cut the tab off the bezel with an exact knife. And I used the cig lighter removal tool from Amazon. Smooth install. Lots of great info on the forum. Thanks to everyone for your posts.

46A0CD7F-1837-4C68-9CE1-9A328D0BC1B9.jpeg

Sponsored

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Installed mine today. I cut the tab off the bezel with an exact knife. And I used the cig lighter removal tool from Amazon. Smooth install. Lots of great info on the forum. Thanks to everyone for your posts.

46A0CD7F-1837-4C68-9CE1-9A328D0BC1B9.jpeg
Awesome, looks great. Glad to hear my testing of the tool prior to recommending was not in vain.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
It would be good for future installers, if a video or sequence of photos were available to demonstrate the use of the tool as well as removing the dash with respect to the Redarc control knob being placed in the cigarette lighter 12V location.

The information is scattered around this forum but not in one location to make it easy to understand.

If I was around anyone wanting to install one I could help but I would need @jwilson2899 to advise with the tool and someone to video. (I have a flip phone)

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
It would be good for future installers, if a video or sequence of photos were available to demonstrate the use of the tool as well as removing the dash with respect to the Redarc control knob being placed in the cigarette lighter 12V location.

The information is scattered around this forum but not in one location to make it easy to understand.

If I was around anyone wanting to install one I could help but I would need @jwilson2899 to advise with the tool and someone to video. (I have a flip phone)
Let me see what I can do. The tool will work holding the socket in my hand, so I could probably make a video of that for sure, and maybe even the dash disassembly itself.

KVJ

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S W/Max Tow
I would hate to see you take the dash apart again! To me that was scary. I had such a hard time getting the lighter socket apart that I can't remember when it actually came apart. I carved on it with a knife until the plastic gave way. I know I spent an hour on it after I had the dash apart.

jwilson2899

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I would hate to see you take the dash apart again! To me that was scary. I had such a hard time getting the lighter socket apart that I can't remember when it actually came apart. I carved on it with a knife until the plastic gave way. I know I spent an hour on it after I had the dash apart.
I pulled my fender off twice in 3 days to work on my ARB, that was even scarier, lol. The outlet tool doesn't require any dash disassembly, I could easily make a video of that.
Sponsored