Aftermarket Trailer Brakes?

1. giskard

giskard Member

First Name:
    Cameron
    Vehicle(s):
    2013 F150 (Hopefully Gladiator in the Future)
    Liked:
    Has anyone confirmed if the Mopar brake controller will be able to be retrofitted to any JT or will it have to be ordered on the truck from the factory?

2. Gladiator Overland

Gladiator Overland Active Member

First Name:
    Stephen
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep JKU, Toyota 4Runner
    Liked:

So you are disqualifying what is arguably the best brake controller on the market because of a two minute pull out two wires from the adapter harness and reinsert. A monkey can do that swap. All it takes is a small screw driver or a pick to get it out of the harness? Confused look...

3. WXman

WXman Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2020 Jeep Gladiator
    Liked:
    Meteorology and Transportation
    Yep, that's exactly what I'm doing. If it's the best brake controller on the market, why is it that nobody even heard of the brand until one person in this forum bought one, AND, why is it that they're the only one that doesn't have a PNP harness?

It's like somebody said in another brake controller thread, this isn't 1990. It's just based on principle now. These things shouldn't require being MacGyverized to work. And my prior experience has been that changing terminals in these harnesses isn't always simple. In theory it should be, but it doesn't always go that way.

4. PropWash

PropWash Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Nickolas
    Vehicle(s):
    2008 Jeep JKU
    Liked:
    What wires do you need to flip flop? I bought the RAM harness based on another thread and missed this.

5. PropWash

First Name:
    Nickolas
    Vehicle(s):
    2008 Jeep JKU
    Liked:
    Nevermind i got it

6. Gladiator Overland

First Name:
    Stephen
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep JKU, Toyota 4Runner
    Liked:

Haha just because a few people on this forum have heard of it doesn’t mean this or that. What matters is those who use these things day in and day out using a vehicle similar as ours have heard of the,. One thing is that his controller is newer to the US market, it made its name in Australia by being the best controller made for touring. Which touring is using a 4x4 to explore Offroad and in the outback. There they pull everything from Campers to boats. This is where it got its feet wet. The issues with the harness are miniscule compared to a normal installation and splicing into a factory harness. Not to mention that this vehicle is so new to the market that it dos take time for these things to come to market. Which I will guarantee that here in the future a specific harness will be made where you don’t need to flip flop the two wires. Again I don’t get discounting the best controller on the market because of an added step that takes less than a minute to complete. Honestly if you have this much of an issue with a project like that. Then perhaps you should not even be installing the unit in the first place. At that point what does it really matter what is done for the installer? Wouldn’t you base something off of Performance at this point anyways. I am at a loss for this logic you have shown here and personally don’t understand it. In the end it is your choice, I have been nothing but honest and helpful about this product sharing all the information I could with you and others. Yet really seems like a very strange thing to make a decision based on this,, if so you are going to have a field day when you further get into the modification of your vehicle as there are plenty of things much more install than this so easy my kids could do it.. good luck I still know what unit I am looking forward too. As I do not see anything in the foreseeable future that will knock it off it perch.

7. Gladiator Overland

First Name:
    Stephen
    Vehicle(s):
    Jeep JKU, Toyota 4Runner
    Liked:
    Sorry just now saw this. I haven’t installed it yet myself. Just from what others have said. Could you please share the wire that where needed to be changed over?

8. PropWash

First Name:
    Nickolas
    Vehicle(s):
    2008 Jeep JKU
    Liked:
    On the tekonsha 3021-p (Dodge Ram harness) you need to switch the black and blue wires.

9. PackerBacker

PackerBacker Member

First Name:
    Jon
    Vehicle(s):
    '20 JT Sport S w/Max Tow
    Liked:
    Just another confirmation vote for the Tekonsha P3 being plug and play with the 3014-P wiring harness. I plan to do the bolt and wing nut plan to mount it to the bottom of the kick plate like the video of the JL Wrangler I saw linked on here.