Sponsored

AMP XL vs Rockslide Engineering

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
I like the width of the RSE steps. They match the width of the fender flares and keep rocks from hitting the paint and make a great spot to set your drink when opening/closing the doors.
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
“The AMP XLs look much better in my opinion BUT not by much”:movember:

Sponsored

trust

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Gloryoski your truck is shiney! Wow it looks great! It appears the RSE go down further when open but not as far to the rear is that so? Do they swing aft adequately to serve the back door users well enough? Do the swing out from the body to bark my shins while putting the dog in his back seat kennel?

Thanks

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Loosening those body bolts SUCKED. My breaker bar looked like a boomerang after.

Good write-up. Gotta say I hate the pontoon a lot less after sitting my foot on there with the door off.
You can use a butane torch to heat up the bolt somewhat...

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I went with the RSE on a recent BlackFriday binge. I am slowly waiting for parts to come in. Just remember that once you lift and get bigger tires etc, the sliders will tend to "visually" disappear. Again, a taste issue. I also got the "slider" protection which should help me with my mallin'.

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Gloryoski your truck is shiney! Wow it looks great! It appears the RSE go down further when open but not as far to the rear is that so? Do they swing aft adequately to serve the back door users well enough? Do the swing out from the body to bark my shins while putting the dog in his back seat kennel?

Thanks
sorry for the late reply!
RSE go down much further than the AMP, if you go with the Clayton 3.5 like I did you will def want the RSE. They work great and work well for the rear passengers I wish it was a bit longer but it works. I’ll take a pic for you in a sec,
They will def hit your shins if you’re not careful lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
Thanks for this post, I was looking at both, and had the RSE steps on my 2016 JKU. This post solidifies that I will be doing neither! The fact that they can charge $2k for them and not somewhat customize them to the vehicle is disappointing. The RSE steps are just to wide on the JT for as long as they are and the fact that they stick out past the rear fender would irritate me. The huge gap and visible pinch seam on the Amp steps would absolutely drive me crazy, not to mention they offer ZERO protection. I will stick to a traditional slider/step at 1/3 the cost then.... Thanks for putting this together and the detailed pics that you posted!

OP
OP
calipoontappa

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for this post, I was looking at both, and had the RSE steps on my 2016 JKU. This post solidifies that I will be doing neither! The fact that they can charge $2k for them and not somewhat customize them to the vehicle is disappointing. The RSE steps are just to wide on the JT for as long as they are and the fact that they stick out past the rear fender would irritate me. The huge gap and visible pinch seam on the Amp steps would absolutely drive me crazy, not to mention they offer ZERO protection. I will stick to a traditional slider/step at 1/3 the cost then.... Thanks for putting this together and the detailed pics that you posted!
Honestly I thought the same things but after having the RSE steps on it I love them. They go down further than the AMP and with Claytons 3.5 lift which actually is 4.25 of a lift and 37” tires the extra length is perfect. They have their small faults but unless I myself design and build my own I won’t ever have the perfect rock slider/step combo.
i thought it would bug me to have them stick out so far out but man it’s useful AF when you have a beer or coffee and need a place to set it lol. I get compliments on these steps almost everyday plus they are built like a tank.
To each his own. Happy New Year!

Eazye

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Information Technology
Honestly I thought the same things but after having the RSE steps on it I love them. They go down further than the AMP and with Claytons 3.5 lift which actually is 4.25 of a lift and 37” tires the extra length is perfect. They have their small faults but unless I myself design and build my own I won’t ever have the perfect rock slider/step combo.
i thought it would bug me to have them stick out so far out but man it’s useful AF when you have a beer or coffee and need a place to set it lol. I get compliments on these steps almost everyday plus they are built like a tank.
To each his own. Happy New Year!
Oh, I loved them on my JKU, and I am sure I would get over the width on the Gladiator if I actually went that route. I loved the low step when they deployed! Where are you guys mounting the buttons for manual operation when they doors are off?
Sponsored