mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Went on a trip to Colorado last week and got 2 chips in my windshield. One has already ran so I'm going to have to replace the glass. Is Gorilla glass available for the Gladiator's/JL's yet? Has anybody replaced theirs with it?
Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
No. But I knew getting into this, according to Lite Brite, and other videos that this would be an issue.

First rock chip repair and they sold me a lifetime rock chip repair membership as they said “will be seeing you a lot “ . I will consider gorilla glass. I am told about $800?

anyone else hearing something similar?

JCJeep1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ 37" MT Long Arm 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins 2020 StingGrey Gladiator Sport S Tow
Vehicle Showcase
Went on a trip to Colorado last week and got 2 chips in my windshield. One has already ran so I'm going to have to replace the glass. Is Gorilla glass available for the Gladiator's/JL's yet? Has anybody replaced theirs with it?
Not an answer - just add on question - If I read the mopar site - seems Gorilla glass is JL/JT standard - but site seems ambiguous to me - Do we have Gorilla glass already? https://www.mopar.com/en-us/store/parts/gorilla-glass.html

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
The way I read it, this would be an upgrade.

....”so next time it needs replacing, ask for a Mopar Windshield made with Corning Gorilla Glass*.”

I talked to my dealer and he said it’s a good idea and it’s also $800. : )

at this point I’m going to wait till the windshield actually cracks all the way across.

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
According to the parts manuals, Gorilla Glass is not available for the JL or JT.

Sponsored

DesertDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
According to the parts manuals, Gorilla Glass is not available for the JL or JT.
I don’t doubt that at all. For some reason, the parts manuals seem to be seriously behind. South Valley Jeep in Salt Lake City does say they are installing it however.

EDIT !!!!!

Just got off the phone with the gorilla glass people. JL/ Gladiator product is still a couple of months out in development.

my dealership was mistaken.

(same as they were with the trailer brake controller and eco-diesel information)

Elwenil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Dodge Ramcharger
Occupation
Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Dealership Parts Manager
Well, at least they are coming.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
No. But I knew getting into this, according to Lite Brite, and other videos that this would be an issue.

First rock chip repair and they sold me a lifetime rock chip repair membership as they said “will be seeing you a lot “ . I will consider gorilla glass. I am told about $800?

anyone else hearing something similar?
I asked my glass shop just last week. It's a small, locally owned shop. They know me well, having repaired my JK so much they now give me a "frequent buyer" discount, LOL! It's only five percent, though. Anyway, full price for a JK would be $505 installed. Now, this is OKC. But, I'm skeptical of those glass shops quoting that $800 figure because "this is an expensive area." And the reason for that skepticism is one would think Anchorage, Alaska at Safelite would be on the high end. But, when I had my windshield replaced there, it was only $5 more than here in OKC.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
There are vids on youtube for repairing the glass. It’s fairly easy to do. You just need to repair a star before it becomes a full on crack..

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Many windshield shops will repair small chips working directly with your insurance so there's no cost to you.

If it's too big they'll replace the windshield (insist on factory glass!) working with your insurance agent. You may want to check with him/her to add a windshield adder to your policy if you don't have one already.

Gorilla glass is coming for sure. I assume the insurance companies will pay the cost of the factory glass and we'd have to pay for the difference but I'm not yet sure

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
The way I read it, this would be an upgrade.

....”so next time it needs replacing, ask for a Mopar Windshield made with Corning Gorilla Glass*.”

I talked to my dealer and he said it’s a good idea and it’s also $800. : )

at this point I’m going to wait till the windshield actually cracks all the way across.
I wonder if the factory gorilla glass will have the Jeep ( Easter egg) in the
Lower right corner?

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
I put Gorilla glass on my JK last year. It has the Jeep grille up top and the little passenger side Jeep climbing up the corner. It also has a Gorilla on the driver side. Pics aren’t good, but gives you the idea. Forgive my fingers in the reflection. Considering the little jeep in the corner is a 4 door, I guess they have a 2 door as well and would maybe want a JT silhouette for the Gladiator.
Edit: I had this done at a local mom & pop shop that I have dealt with for years, $521.11 was the price charged to my card and I was out the door. I think they cut me a small break as a heavy storm was rolling in and I could take the jeep to the shop, no truck roll for them and they got to finish a job when the storm would normally stop their work.

gwrA6XxNjWN-3GaruUp-4-Tefus4GPF8wn3e2c72LvP4Z6EcpN2JisKyRkg?width=2512&height=1454&cropmode=none.jpg

O152gw1UZr7-K_2AremGn7VHZjCY2R2lVqeDHbqG_XiSwrTW0IvWL6Nh_gA?width=4032&height=3024&cropmode=none.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
mikesjt

mikesjt

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Wrangler TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I thought it was available for the JL/LT but maybe not? What takes so long? lol
The JL has been out for 2 years now, right? Anyway, I'll wait and hopefully it will be available soon.
I have until July of 2021 before I have to get it inspected.