Sponsored

Anyone running 35s on stock wheels without issues?

Terminus33

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Cherokee
Occupation
Pool Tech
Those look great, they are a small 35 though
They are. I wanted the skinny profile but still wanted the taller tire. I calibrated the speedo at low 34" and some change and Phone gps and random radars has it spot on around 55 mph.

but much better than the 31's that were on it

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
They are. I wanted the skinny profile but still wanted the taller tire. I calibrated the speedo at low 34" and some change and Phone gps and random radars has it spot on around 55 mph.

but much better than the 31's that were on it
Absolutely, wasn’t meant as any criticism, they look perfect 👌

Sponsored

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I'm planning on going 35x12.5 on the stock Willys rims, with a 2" lift. Hoping that I won't have any issues/rubbing--from what folks are saying, it sounds promising

Just Mark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ME: 2021 JT Mojave, Wife: 2023 JT Mojave
When you guys air down the 35x12.5 on stock 7.5 inch rims, do you have any issues with holding a bead? I want to go this route when it comes time for new tires but I am somewhat concerned about airing down.

Binfordtools

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm planning on going 35x12.5 on the stock Willys rims, with a 2" lift. Hoping that I won't have any issues/rubbing--from what folks are saying, it sounds promising
Zero rub issues. I have this same combination on my 21' Willys.

Binfordtools

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Willys
Occupation
Automotive Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

tkclemmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 1952 Willys M38-A1
My 2020 Sport S Max Tow is running 315/70R17 KO2s on Rubicon takeoff rims. I have not experienced any issues yet. I've run them with a 3/4" Daystar spacer lift and currently with the 2" Mopar kit. I like that they barely stick out past the fenders.

rickettsj

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
No, I did everything at the same time.
I'm trying to see if I can squeeze 35's under the truck with minimal mods.....I don't want new wheels because nothing compares to factory quality, and I don't want to lift it due to it being a lease.....but I found a smoking deal on some 35's that are new take offs that I can't pass up....I just don't know if I can make them work without blowing off a wheel flare....rubbing I can handle....I just don't want cosmetic damage. I can accept a 1.5 leveling pucks for the front but that's about as far as I want to go for the lazy man mods.

FutureOdin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara
I'm trying to see if I can squeeze 35's under the truck with minimal mods.....I don't want new wheels because nothing compares to factory quality, and I don't want to lift it due to it being a lease.....but I found a smoking deal on some 35's that are new take offs that I can't pass up....I just don't know if I can make them work without blowing off a wheel flare....rubbing I can handle....I just don't want cosmetic damage. I can accept a 1.5 leveling pucks for the front but that's about as far as I want to go for the lazy man mods.
I went with 315/70R17 KO2s, no rubbing while on the ground (can just fit a finger between sway bar and tire when fully locked), but they might run on full lock while moving, not sure yet. Haven't lifted it or anything.

Folks with Rubicons, Mojaves + Max Tow have the wider axles, which I think gives something like 0.5" or 1" more room to work with.