Sponsored

Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
My buddy who runs the laser/waterjet side of the sheet metal shop called 5025 "Gucci Aluminum alloy" - I texted him about it.

He approves 🤣😂😆
I dont really know what to make of that lol. My very limited understanding is 6061 is a harder/stronger alloy but more difficult to work with.
Sponsored

yoda13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I dont really know what to make of that lol. My very limited understanding is 6061 is a harder/stronger alloy but more difficult to work with.
I don’t know what the Gucci of aluminum alloy means either...I’m just happy to have skid plates that didn’t cost a small fortune. I know that everyone will want to say, you just bought a Mojave...🤔. It was a special thing after some hard years. Now that I’ve got it, I must be smart with my monies:)

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Hi there, adding on to the special forum discount -> we're launching a new website and we want to celebrate it with you!
We deeply appreciate your trust in our products and want to offer a special promo-code for an extra (!) 15% off our internet sale price.
GLADITORStrong will be valid through Aug. 31st! Please use this code at checkout.

Cheers!

(* one coupon-code per order)
Does this code still work?

Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
It's good until the end of August. Make sure you spell it "GLADITORStrong" when you place the order.
Thanks! I saw the code, but miss read the year the post was from....

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Looked at the Aluminum skid plates on Quadratec. They are 5052 as well. I ordered a set of Fuel Tank, Engine/Trans and Transfer Case from ASFIR.

Last edited:

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
For those who have a 6spd and are interested, these do fit. I just did the instal today took maybe an hour. You will have to supply/ source a new m12 1.5x40 type 2 bolt though (or at least I will since the oem skid plate has only two and on the autos I’m guess they have three) for the bolts circled on the bottom. Manuals also don’t have that crossbeam (circled in the middle). I don’t know how that will affect the rigidity of the skid but it does mount up. Also not my photo, I stole it from the op.
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 38BE9BE3-DFFC-4BA0-9763-38659891F5FD

Tstrausburg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Just ordered the Engine plate yesterday and it is shipping out today! Awesome service so far. Thanks @ASFIR 4x4 !

Last edited:

Sponsored

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely on my to-do list...

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
For those who have a 6spd and are interested, these do fit. I just did the instal today took maybe an hour. You will have to supply/ source a new m12 1.5x40 type 2 bolt though (or at least I will since the oem skid plate has only two and on the autos I’m guess they have three) for the bolts circled on the bottom. Manuals also don’t have that crossbeam (circled in the middle). I don’t know how that will affect the rigidity of the skid but it does mount up. Also not my photo, I stole it from the op.
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 38BE9BE3-DFFC-4BA0-9763-38659891F5FD
I've been waiting to hear this. Thanks for posting up the info

jac04

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 2014 JKRX SWB
I don’t know how that will affect the rigidity of the skid but it does mount up.
I think the lack of the crossbeam will have a significant impact on the strength of this skid plate. The bent edges of the skid plate give it a lot of strength, but those edges stop right where the crossbeam is located. So, if the skid plate is hit, I think it will just bend at that location.

I really like this skid plate, but I want to run a Skid Row exhaust loop skid as well, which requires that the crossbeam be removed.

If you look at the MORE skid plate that eliminates the crossbeam, you will notice that they added a stiffener bar down the center and extended the edges as far back as possible. But, they also want almost $600 for their aluminum version. https://mountainoffroad.com/collect...oil-pan-transmission-skid-plate-3-6l-aluminum

jc1986

First Name
justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator rubicon sting grey 6spd
looking at the frame an and the way the exhaust routes on the manual, it seems like I could add some sort of brace since the frames are the same and have the holes are already tapped for screws.

Tstrausburg

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Jeep Gladiator Asfir 4x4 Engine and Transmission skid plate 7BDD4193-F354-4D10-A884-CFB77193B666
Ordered last Monday and they got here yesterday. Mounted today. I’m very impressed with the quality and the service so far!
Sponsored