Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
After seeing how bright they were I mounted my set to a switch. I mainly use them on boat ramps and they work very well for my intended use.
Sponsored

kidintraffic

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Anyone else put the PNP harness on the passenger side? I plan on adding a connection to an aux switch with a diode at some point and figured it would be easier to just stay on the passenger side to run that line to the PNP harness.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Huh. That's smart. I just assumed the plug would be side specific (not sure why it would be in hind sight) guess I just followed their directions blindly lol.

kidintraffic

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR
Huh. That's smart. I just assumed the plug would be side specific (not sure why it would be in hind sight) guess I just followed their directions blindly lol.
The lights function as they should, so i donā€™t see any issue doing it.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Q on the lights; what would the eas way of setting them up to come on with the regular reverse lights and with an aux switch be?

Can I just add a hot line and force them and the trucks rev lights on? Iā€™m thinking that might cause an issue w the trucks brain.
I just rewired my Oracle lights to do exactly that, works off Aux 4 and in reverse. Used diodes from Amazon to provide the power isolation with both hots from each system going to the identical side of each diode (recommended by an earlier post) and a single line out to each light. Ganged the commons to the frame. Worked perfectly both ways.

Feedback from anyone who sees a concern is welcome.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002UHVHI?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

View attachment 188074

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) FB_IMG_1633278783007
Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 20211001_192331

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Sponsored

mojavegraygladiator

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator mojave
Build Thread
Link
So I installed normal with the plug and play not sure if Iā€™m understanding but is there way to make the lights work off a AUX switch I have already? If so is it a pretty easy change up?

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
Fairly easy. The wiring diagram is above, you just need a couple diodes.

txGlad

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
TX Semiconductors
Great diagram! Could you do this with just one diode and have the output run to both lights?

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 1633315417804

Last edited:

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
So I installed normal with the plug and play not sure if Iā€™m understanding but is there way to make the lights work off a AUX switch I have already? If so is it a pretty easy change up?
Wait, Wait! Your plug and play harness reached? Mine was too short, i tried the routing they showed in the video, and every other route I could find. I never got the plug closer than 1 " away from the left light. I finally just had to throw the stupid waste of money to the side and run my own wires with wire taps. Man I hate making water intrusion points into my wiring. Especially outside the cab.

That plug and play harness was a complete waste of money!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Wait, Wait! Your plug and play harness reached? Mine was too short, i tried the routing they showed in the video, and every other route I could find. I never got the plug closer than 1 " away from the left light. I finally just had to throw the stupid waste of money to the side and run my own wires with wire taps. Man I hate making water intrusion points into my wiring. Especially outside the cab.

All you had to do was contact them for the extension with sealed ends/connectors.
Mine is fine. The extension was free. It's sealed so could be not just wet, but in water, and be fine.

There is no way in the world I'd EVER use any taps to connect into this truck's wiring.

Sponsored

SteveInOrlando

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Software Design
All you had to do was contact them for the extension with sealed ends/connectors.
Mine is fine. The extension was free. It's sealed so could be not just wet, but in water, and be fine.

There is no way in the world I'd EVER use any taps to connect into this truck's wiring.
Somehow I missed that note in the thread. Damn.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is nothing necessarily difficult about doing the wiring per the diagram, just use good quality connectors, ideally heat shrink for protection. I used a lot of zip ties to keep the wire from the aux 4 lead bound to other wires above the frame.

BTW - I received my lights and harness in late August and had no problem with their length for my install

mojavegraygladiator

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator mojave
Build Thread
Link

I had 0 issue with length of the pnp 0 issues at all

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Great diagram! Could you do this with just one diode and have the output run to both lights?

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) 1633315417804
I used two diodes only because the plug-n-play wiring harness from Oracle had two lead outputs, one for each light, and I wanted to match that. What I read said the Roadmaster 792 diodes were good to 80 Amp, and Aux 4 only provides 15 amp, so from that perspective you'd be fine.

Liftr

First Name
Duran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S
Occupation
Aviation
Iā€™m just now got around to installing my lights I received in late July. I ordered the Plug and Play adapter.
The wire to the passenger side is an inch too short. I had to remove the truckā€˜s factory tail light harness from its strain relief connector in order to make it reach.
I had preemptively requested the extension cord. While it did allow to connection to reach, with the strain relief intact, it had the wrong screw connector on it, not allowing for a waterproof seal.
I have sent a request to @JP_Oracle for the updated extension.
Sponsored