Sponsored

Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper)

McCLoude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 WK2 TH
I finally got around to install my reverse lights (and tail lights - just showed up). I was waiting to do them both at the same time. I had order the extension just in case months ago.

My experience with this install. Initially, the PnP harness was too short. As posted by many in this thread. I was off by 2 inches. Wire routing was done the right way. The original extension was 6 foot and the connectors weren't right. As I was zip tying / electrical taping this long band aide. I was able to tug on the harness enough to find the 2 missing inches. I didn't need the extension.

All my lights (both reverse bumper lights and tail lights) work. The only thing I've noticed is, inside the cabin, blinkers are much quicker.

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) oraclejtbackend

49Gramps

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired Fire & EMS Dispatcher
All my lights (both reverse bumper lights and tail lights) work. The only thing I've noticed is, inside the cabin, blinkers are much quicker.
If you didn't have any LED directionals before, they'll flash faster. There are flashers for LEDs available. While I can't recall the exact details, I probably got it at AutoZone for my LJ.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
If you didn't have any LED directionals before, they'll flash faster. There are flashers for LEDs available. While I can't recall the exact details, I probably got it at AutoZone for my LJ.
I think you just set the tails to LED in JScan or Taser.

Sponsored

McCLoude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2019 WK2 TH
I had LED lights initially.

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
I just rewired my Oracle lights to do exactly that, works off Aux 4 and in reverse. Used diodes from Amazon to provide the power isolation with both hots from each system going to the identical side of each diode (recommended by an earlier post) and a single line out to each light. Ganged the commons to the frame. Worked perfectly both ways.

Feedback from anyone who sees a concern is welcome.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002UHVHI?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

View attachment 188074

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) oraclejtbackend
Sweet, working on this right nowā€¦I marked up your diagram, have a question about what type of connector to useā€¦please see my attachment

A32D3FB1-4E2C-454E-8E2E-C3C584F2C079.jpeg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet, working on this right nowā€¦I marked up your diagram, have a question about what type of connector to useā€¦please see my attachment

Jeep Gladiator Auxiliary LED Reverse Lights (Integrated Rear Bumper) A32D3FB1-4E2C-454E-8E2E-C3C584F2C079
I used the red (18-22 AWG) crimped butt joint with heat shrink tubing to seal it. Because the red size was larger than needed for the wire I used, it made it easy to split out. I could have just used a tap fitting to run to other side as well, but I wasn't sure how to seal those properly. Looking forward to hearing how yours turns out! We've been through deep water a few times now and no problem.s

Dewyaw

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2015 Jeep Wrangler Hard Rock; 1987 Jeep Wrangler Laredo; 1988 Porsche 911, 2005 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro, 1994 Toyota Pickup 4x4. Not all at the same time.
I used the red (18-22 AWG) crimped butt joint with heat shrink tubing to seal it. Because the red size was larger than needed for the wire I used, it made it easy to split out. I could have just used a tap fitting to run to other side as well, but I wasn't sure how to seal those properly. Looking forward to hearing how yours turns out! We've been through deep water a few times now and no problem.s
Yeah I want to avoid the tap for just that reason. So you had one wire going into one end of the butt joint, two wires coming out of the other end?

Iā€™m obviously not a golferā€¦lol

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I want to avoid the tap for just that reason. So you had one wire going into one end of the butt joint, two wires coming out of the other end?

Iā€™m obviously not a golferā€¦lol
Yes, that was how I wired mine. None of the wires would pull out, even when tugging pretty hard. I can't swear the shrink wrap is 100% water tight, but the connections are up with the reverse light assembly so I felt fine.

Sponsored

WILDHOBO

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I wired mine similarly, but used a single 2 in, 1 output 10amp diode to isolate the circuits. I ran a 16awg 2 conductor from the Aux4 switch hot and ground lug. I used that ground for the lights and the ground leads from the harness. Harness hot went into one diode input, aux4 into the other. I then spliced the hot output to both lights. Since they donā€™t operate independently like turn signals, I didnā€™t see the reason for separate connections to the lights. Oracle had already told me that the pair shouldnā€™t exceed 1-2 amps. All works perfectly. I did meter everything with both configurations to check for good voltage and no back feeds through the diode before shrink tubing and zip tying everything. Only dropped from 12.1v to 11.8v after adding the diode. Lights are equally bright with and without it.

Awolnik

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Property Management
I am also on board with B. Factory look, reflectors, and enough LEDs to make a nice impact on visibility when reversing.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Too late - the product has been made and shipped to dozens of us who already have it installed.

GA D90

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 LR Defender , '21 JTR
Occupation
Paramedic
Heyā€¦ has anyone gotten these silly things to work ??
21 JTR, halogen lights, PnP harness .
Replaced reverse bulbs with led, the new lights workedā€occasionally ā€œ now just flash on and off . (mostly off)
Thoughts??
Thanks
Sponsored