First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Occupation
Military
Hopefully move up to 35s if I find the right trade or sale price.. hardtop was ordered but almost a month and a half later and it's still not here. Might do prp seat covers and call it good for a while... Thinking about the Mopar 2 inch lift too but not really necessary for the level of wheeling I do
Jeep Gladiator BLACK Gladiator JT Club 20200605_182331
Sponsored

Sponsored

JKABBQ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Corsair, 1991 P40
This Gladiator is the 4th black vehicle I’ve owned and each time I tell myself I won’t get another black one...After driving it up and down forrestry roads and never washing it once since owning in December I decided to take the plunge and get it professionally ceramic coated. Originally I paid for the paint protection at the dealership. That was a waste of money...It wasn’t the dealership’s fault. The company they outsource to was totally inept at their job. It came back to me looking all swirled on the paint and there was wax residue all over my black plastic trim. If there was plastic, there was wax or something on it.

Needless to say, I complained about this and the dealership was above and beyond in trying to make this right for me. It came back “fixed” from the company who did the work. I planned after this to look into ceramic coating, but then covid hit and I didn’t bother washing my JT for 7 months. By now, I knew work would be coming back for me so I thought I’d get a ceramic coating done. I took it to the Ceramic Pro detailing company and they asked me to touchless wash it to get at least some of the caked on mud from all the forrestry roads and light off-roading I had done. That’s when it was revealed how bad a job the dealership detailing outsourced company had done. Before this experience I didn’t know anything about paint, polish, buffing, waxing etc. Now, when the professional detailer showed me just how bad my paint was after being “fixed” it was crazy how bad it was! There was rotary swirls all over the place. On top of that the wax on all my plastic trim had turned everything from my door handles to hood vents to turn whitish gray.

My dealership didn’t let me down...The new detailing company told me the estimate for fixing the trim and paint correcting would take 8-12 hours to do. They suggested I check with the dealership first to see if they’d cover that and if not, let them know I’d be putting an insurance claim in for replacement of all plastic trim and my new never washed black paint to be redone. After 7 months of ownership, the dealership said no problem, we’ll take care of the cost to make this right.

I’ve heard a lot about how some dealership are just terrible. Mine has been exceptional to me. They didn’t even charge me for the Fox Stabilizer and installation, Mopar molle bags, and Jeep branded jacket. Mind you, I drop off snacks and food for them from time to time back when I was working.

So here’s to black Jeeps. Looks good caked in mud like it has for 7 months, and looks sharp when all polished and ceramic coated. Now, the true test is how easy it will be to wash when I take it back off-road.

EB59AB9B-4011-4A3F-82A1-DE45E21C2EAC.jpeg

C0E4DD0B-6354-49A8-A449-60D929C64D5C.jpeg

117CE896-95C6-4A47-8577-60C17ED0B60D.jpeg

DAB55839-F0EC-4B52-B71D-A12505E471C8.jpeg

Sponsored

arosen1997

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
LAV Turret Technician
This Gladiator is the 4th black vehicle I’ve owned and each time I tell myself I won’t get another black one...After driving it up and down forrestry roads and never washing it once since owning in December I decided to take the plunge and get it professionally ceramic coated. Originally I paid for the paint protection at the dealership. That was a waste of money...It wasn’t the dealership’s fault. The company they outsource to was totally inept at their job. It came back to me looking all swirled on the paint and there was wax residue all over my black plastic trim. If there was plastic, there was wax or something on it.

Needless to say, I complained about this and the dealership was above and beyond in trying to make this right for me. It came back “fixed” from the company who did the work. I planned after this to look into ceramic coating, but then covid hit and I didn’t bother washing my JT for 7 months. By now, I knew work would be coming back for me so I thought I’d get a ceramic coating done. I took it to the Ceramic Pro detailing company and they asked me to touchless wash it to get at least some of the caked on mud from all the forrestry roads and light off-roading I had done. That’s when it was revealed how bad a job the dealership detailing outsourced company had done. Before this experience I didn’t know anything about paint, polish, buffing, waxing etc. Now, when the professional detailer showed me just how bad my paint was after being “fixed” it was crazy how bad it was! There was rotary swirls all over the place. On top of that the wax on all my plastic trim had turned everything from my door handles to hood vents to turn whitish gray.

My dealership didn’t let me down...The new detailing company told me the estimate for fixing the trim and paint correcting would take 8-12 hours to do. They suggested I check with the dealership first to see if they’d cover that and if not, let them know I’d be putting an insurance claim in for replacement of all plastic trim and my new never washed black paint to be redone. After 7 months of ownership, the dealership said no problem, we’ll take care of the cost to make this right.

I’ve heard a lot about how some dealership are just terrible. Mine has been exceptional to me. They didn’t even charge me for the Fox Stabilizer and installation, Mopar molle bags, and Jeep branded jacket. Mind you, I drop off snacks and food for them from time to time back when I was working.

So here’s to black Jeeps. Looks good caked in mud like it has for 7 months, and looks sharp when all polished and ceramic coated. Now, the true test is how easy it will be to wash when I take it back off-road.

EB59AB9B-4011-4A3F-82A1-DE45E21C2EAC.jpeg

C0E4DD0B-6354-49A8-A449-60D929C64D5C.jpeg

117CE896-95C6-4A47-8577-60C17ED0B60D.jpeg

DAB55839-F0EC-4B52-B71D-A12505E471C8.jpeg
Well I'm glad your dealership is taking care of you, even if they messed it up in the first place

GaGladiator

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2015 JK 4Door
That looks AMAZING! I am talking to a local welder about making me one a well. If you dont mind me asking, how did you attach it to the truck. Did you bolt it using threaded inserts?

JCstud21

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
WV doesn't get many consecutive days without rain. Have to take advantage of the few stretches you get.

SWS.jpg
Sponsored