First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Will they work with the lane change sensors???????

TARHEELKIDD

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator,1993 Jeep Wrangler,1967 Camaro
OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Okay need a little help .. does anyone know if we have a constant on voltage at the rear tail light? Whenever acc is turned on????

Are the tail lights always on when the gladiator is on? As in running lights?

I need a constant power for the Arduino board.....

Is CAN IHS + always on ?

Please help if you can.... Trying to figure out the wiring for all this

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Okay need a little help .. does anyone know if we have a constant on voltage at the rear tail light? Whenever acc is turned on????

Are the tail lights always on when the gladiator is on? As in running lights?

I need a constant power for the Arduino board.....

Is CAN IHS + always on ?

Please help if you can.... Trying to figure out the wiring for all this
Only if a light is illuminated. If you’re in normal operating mode, no lights on, then no tail light wires have usable +12v.

However, the trailer connector has a constant +12v wire you could possibly tap into. But that requires running new wires. So this is why aftermarket tail lights are always passive.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Only if a light is illuminated. If you’re in normal operating mode, no lights on, then no tail light wires have usable +12v.

However, the trailer connector has a constant +12v wire you could possibly tap into. But that requires running new wires. So this is why aftermarket tail lights are always passive.
I'm assuming every gladiator doesn't have trailer wiring?

It looks like lighting fault pin 8 turns on with gladiator to check tail lights..... But I'm not positive

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm assuming every gladiator doesn't have trailer wiring?

It looks like lighting fault pin 8 turns on with gladiator to check tail lights..... But I'm not positive
I think they all do. Would want other opinions to confirm, but I can’t remember one without the 7-pin connector. The tow package was about the physical differences like the hitch and fan, not the wiring.

I also would avoid the CAN bus wires and associated feeds like pin 8. They are computer controlled for things like pulses or resistance, not for voltage, and trying to power something off them could cause a myriad of problems like DTCs or lost functions or even damaged PCMs (if it even worked in the first place). Think if them as computer connections, not battery connections. Best practice is to leave them alone.

OP
OP

Justinswidebody

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I think they all do. Would want other opinions to confirm, but I can’t remember one without the 7-pin connector. The tow package was about the physical differences like the hitch and fan, not the wiring.

I also would avoid the CAN bus wires. They are computer controlled for things like pulses or resistance, not for voltage, and trying to power something off them could cause a myriad of problems like DTCs or lost functions or even damaged PCMs (if it even worked in the first place). Think if them as computer connections, not battery connections. Best practice is to leave them alone.
Thank you for all your knowledge! It wouldn't be hard to include a wire tap to tap into the constant power .... But that then means the Arduino would be on all the time...... And that can run down the battery....

I guess my real question is, are the tail lights always on when the key is on?

Aka rear running lights ...

If so, I will just tap into this which would be best in my opinion.

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for all your knowledge! It wouldn't be hard to include a wire tap to tap into the constant power .... But that then means the Arduino would be on all the time...... And that can run down the battery....

I guess my real question is, are the tail lights always on when the key is on?

Aka rear running lights ...

If so, I will just tap into this which would be best in my opinion.
The rear lights are only on if they’re in use. So ignition on, no lights on, means no power to the lights until either the turn, brake, or lights are engaged.
Sponsored