Sponsored

Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) For Gladiator Manual Transmiss [overheating clutch pressure plate]

hawkijon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Clear JTR/'15 Jeep Grand Cherokee/ '78 Jeep CJ-5/'69 Chevelle
Couldn't feel it, or I didn't notice.

I hear transmission gears wining and ticks in my Miata engine nobody else can hear

Maybe go drive another Gladiator and let us know if you sensed it there also.
i figured out exactly when it does it now, but still dont know what it is. When your vehicle is cool or has been sitting a while, it can be best felt when you are at idle and start to slowly release the clutch (no thottle applied) and the vehicle starts moving until im at rate fast enough and then fully release the clutch and then apply any throttle is when the small "vrrrump" and sound/feel happens and it last about as long as a finger snap... and only happens that one time until im parked for a period of time longer than a beer run. Other than that, since the recall test and bleeding i definitly notice some increased pedal resistance when depressing the clutch pedal....especially when i push the clutch pedal in at 60 mph to coast to an upcoming red light/stop/turn.
Sponsored

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
i figured out exactly when it does it now, but still dont know what it is. When your vehicle is cool or has been sitting a while, it can be best felt when you are at idle and start to slowly release the clutch (no thottle applied) and the vehicle starts moving until im at rate fast enough and then fully release the clutch and then apply any throttle is when the small "vrrrump" and sound/feel happens and it last about as long as a finger snap... and only happens that one time until im parked for a period of time longer than a beer run. Other than that, since the recall test and bleeding i definitly notice some increased pedal resistance when depressing the clutch pedal....especially when i push the clutch pedal in at 60 mph to coast to an upcoming red light/stop/turn.
Do you think I would feel it if my driveway is downhill? Whenever I leave home I start my engine and I can just let my truck roll out the driveway and downhill down the street for a bit in neutral. if I turn right I have to put it in first but if I turn left I can just keep rolling in neutral for quite a while.

jeremiahd

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Waited until it was clear that "parts are available" before taking mine in to the dealership for the inspection. Turns out mine was one of the lucky few with the hydraulic leak. That was 3 weeks ago and parts are still on order and my dealership has no ETA of when they will be in. My dealership is great, I'm not upset with them, and they put me in a loaner. But I don't understand how it can take 3 weeks to get the parts to fix this recall, particularly after I intentionally waited to schedule the inspection/service after I was told parts were available. It's now summer weather and I can't drive my custom ordered Gladiator. I know, first world problems, but it just doesn't seem right. @JeepCares anything you can do to help with this?

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Waited until it was clear that "parts are available" before taking mine in to the dealership for the inspection. Turns out mine was one of the lucky few with the hydraulic leak. That was 3 weeks ago and parts are still on order and my dealership has no ETA of when they will be in. My dealership is great, I'm not upset with them, and they put me in a loaner. But I don't understand how it can take 3 weeks to get the parts to fix this recall, particularly after I intentionally waited to schedule the inspection/service after I was told parts were available. It's now summer weather and I can't drive my custom ordered Gladiator. I know, first world problems, but it just doesn't seem right. @JeepCares anything you can do to help with this?
We can certainly look into it! Send us us a PM with your VIN and dealer info.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

cecaa850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 2019 Porsche Macan S 2018 BMW M2
Parts for every manufacturer are getting hard to come by since all this Wu Han crap started. I'd be absolutely amazed if there was anything Jeep Cares could do.

Sponsored

PunkinLover

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
New to the forum and want to say thanks! Tons of good information here. My Gladiator went into the dealer on May 23rd. The parts had been "ordered" and appt made and lo and behold...the part they need for my truck is not part of the recall kit. It is still sitting at the dealer :(

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
New to the forum and want to say thanks! Tons of good information here. My Gladiator went into the dealer on May 23rd. The parts had been "ordered" and appt made and lo and behold...the part they need for my truck is not part of the recall kit. It is still sitting at the dealer :(
Do you know what part they are waiting for? Is there a good reason it can't be driven in the while they wait for parts? Did they provide you an acceptable loaner?

jeremiahd

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you know what part they are waiting for? Is there a good reason it can't be driven in the while they wait for parts? Did they provide you an acceptable loaner?
I believe its the hydraulic assembly. There was a leak.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
I believe its the hydraulic assembly. There was a leak.
My questions were directed to Karen. I am curious what loaner they offered you, as well.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
My JT was dropped off at 9am and was done by 12:30pm same day. I think they just installed a sleeve on the clutch line in the engine bay and moved some wires underneath near the trans. Also they bled the clutch line.

Don't know what I would have had to wait if it failed any tests and needed other parts.

I'm in Maine and I waited until my dealership did the recall on all their lot vehicles first. Plus I scheduled 3-4 weeks ahead.

Sorry to/for all of you losing drive time while it's sunny.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
What part are they waiting on? We can try and help, send us a PM with your VIN and dealer info.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

jeremiahd

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My questions were directed to Karen. I am curious what loaner they offered you, as well.
They gave me a black Wrangler Rubicon 2019. It was a very nice loaner. I did get my Gladiator back on Saturday. Passed all leak testing and clutch health test. Very unexpected surprise.

Markpod7

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
brought mine in last week they said hose had small leak and took a picture for jeep to decide on repair or not. Came back today and in a couple hours it was done....heres the invoice:
Jeep Gladiator Clutch Recall (FCA W12 | 20V-124) For Gladiator Manual Transmiss [overheating clutch pressure plate] 70E7A304-5B46-4CAC-B831-D710C6BDE572

bryanklay

First Name
bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ford bronco, 2020 jeep gladiator overland
Occupation
Retired C-141/C-130 FE. now, 9th grade math instr
i dropper off the jeep monday evening for tuesday appointment. the dealership bled clutch during the recall twice and it did pass the clutch drop test.

Bbannongmu

First Name
JTR.Spartacus
Threads
Reaction score
Website
m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Parts for every manufacturer are getting hard to come by since all this Wu Han crap started. I'd be absolutely amazed if there was anything Jeep Cares could do.
It is a mess and not in Jeep or other manufacturers control. It will take a while to straighten out the supply chain. Just found out from Centerforce that my aftermarket clutch is about a month away due to a redesign and Chinese Flu delays.
Sponsored