First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
How is it a cold air intake? It's pulling from exactly the same spot as stock. It should say "high flow" intake, or something like that. Dyno tuned, but no picture of dyno results?

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Tj, Gladiator Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I have it, and I have no complaints. I did a 0-60 with my tazer before and after and shaved off about half a second. I also modified it and cut out a portion of the bottom of the box so it pulls air directly from the inlet that comes from the front of the grill. Ive also tried it both with the hood seal and without and using my Banks Idash notice slightly lower intake temps at highway speeds with the seal. At idle and around town the hood seal doesn't seem to make a difference. Ill also note I got it at a highly discounted price from AFE because I live near them and this was one of the units they used for testing, not sure if id pay full price for it.

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I have it, and I have no complaints. I did a 0-60 with my tazer before and after and shaved off about half a second. I also modified it and cut out a portion of the bottom of the box so it pulls air directly from the inlet that comes from the front of the grill. Ive also tried it both with the hood seal and without and using my Banks Idash notice slightly lower intake temps at highway speeds with the seal. At idle and around town the hood seal doesn't seem to make a difference. Ill also note I got it at a highly discounted price from AFE because I live near them and this was one of the units they used for testing, not sure if id pay full price for it.
Thank you, BTW did you happen to try one of their exhaust systems also?

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Thank you, BTW did you happen to try one of their exhaust systems also?
No, I do have the MBRP sitting in my garage that I haven't gotten around to installing yet. I'm not expecting much from it but at $180 it's not a huge investment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
Trout Safari

Trout Safari

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
I have a hard time understanding how and why that thing cost almost $800. Hopefully it does something!
I agree, it is expensive I certainly hope is is made well.

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I have a hard time understanding how and why that thing cost almost $800. Hopefully it does something!
800 and it leaves the dpf intact! 🤮

Sponsored

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
You said "I've also tried it both with the hood seal and without". Does AFE have a tube that would go to the hood vents and you can open them up to make them functional? I know one of the companies makes this but it was not available for the diesel.

kilroy173

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You said "I've also tried it both with the hood seal and without". Does AFE have a tube that would go to the hood vents and you can open them up to make them functional? I know one of the companies makes this but it was not available for the diesel.
No, all it is is a seal similar to what comes on the factory intake. I can post a picture later if you want.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
No, all it is is a seal similar to what comes on the factory intake. I can post a picture later if you want.
No that's OK. I can look it up on their website on the instructions. I wish S&B Made the air intake to the hood for the diesel like they do for the 3.6 gasser.
Sponsored