Sponsored

Constant-Load Springs/Suspension Setups?

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Thanks! I will reach out. I really think that traditional Jeep lift companies are finally starting to recognize the spring needs of the Gladiator overland crowd. This is a new market and it's quickly shed light on the fact that not much exists for these constant loads... besides throwing on a variety rear spacers to compensate (which isn't the appropriate solution IMO)
100% agree. I have the Mopar 2in lift because I don't plan on carrying a heavy constant load in the rear but in a couple of years - after the warranty is getting close to done - I will be doing a more comprehensive revision to the suspension.
Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Definitely check out our Overland Plus, or even our Ride Right kit if you're interested in a suspension system that can handle a constant heavy load and that will keep your vehicle driving smoothly and comfortably! Our kits were designed to work both with loaded and non-loaded vehicles through the use of our specially designed coil springs, and come with everything you need in order to properly maintain your suspensions geometry! Our Overland Plus kit is great for somebody that uses their vehicle as a daily driver/weekend warrior, and our Ride Right kit is designed as our more entry-level option for somebody just looking to use the vehicle as a daily driver, but still lift the vehicle properly. Either system will work and drive great with both a loaded and non-loaded vehicle! If you're looking for some more info or even some pictures, feel free to PM me and we can go over everything in a little bit more detail :)

Last edited:

RanchoShocks

Threads
Reaction score
OP
OP
nickjaynes

nickjaynes

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Thought I'd update you guys. A couple months ago I stepped up to the Clayton 2.5" springs and Falcon 3.3 shocks. It's finally a set up that can handle all the weight I am running with on the truck during my expeditions. I recently weighed it and I am tipping 7,200 pounds. It's a big boy!

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
Thought I'd update you guys. A couple months ago I stepped up to the Clayton 2.5" springs and Falcon 3.3 shocks. It's finally a set up that can handle all the weight I am running with on the truck during my expeditions. I recently weighed it and I am tipping 7,200 pounds. It's a big boy!
yea thats a big B. I'd be interested in the 3.3 shocks as well but I hear they don't fit on the diesels.

Sponsored

jtim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Rubicon
After removing 260lb listed above... (approx 1/2" rake F-->R; measured 21.5" at OEM rock rails at front and 22.0" at rear to ground)

1616083734637.png

I hope this helps people with their own constant load and spring decisions.

John
Thanks for the update John. That's definitely helpful.
Any idea how much weight you have in the bed in the photo above? I have a 360lb camper on my truck, and I'm still planning out the rest of my setup. I'm leaning towards the 2.5" springs in front and 3.5" in the rear like you have. I like the stance of your truck in the picture above, and that it would have additional weight capacity before sagging in the rear.

Using your numbers above, that would give me around 3" lift in front, and 3 1/4" in the rear (with the 360lb constant load), so unloaded my truck would have 1/4" more rake than stock.

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Thanks for the update John. That's definitely helpful.
Any idea how much weight you have in the bed in the photo above? I have a 360lb camper on my truck, and I'm still planning out the rest of my setup. I'm leaning towards the 2.5" springs in front and 3.5" in the rear like you have. I like the stance of your truck in the picture above, and that it would have additional weight capacity before sagging in the rear.

Using your numbers above, that would give me around 3" lift in front, and 3 1/4" in the rear (with the 360lb constant load), so unloaded my truck would have 1/4" more rake than stock.
Hey there,
I'd say there's roughly 425lb in the picture. I think the Rebel Off Road Rack invoice from FedEx back in the day said 300lb with all the pieces. I also have the (2) RotoPax (30lb), Shower Box (25lb) and 63QT ARB Fridge (75lb) in that pic. I'd say anything over 350lb constant load your going to want the 3.5" rear springs to maintain at least a 1/2" rake.

John
Sponsored

Last edited: