Dear Jeep - Things I Don't Like

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
Ok how about the inside locks, glove box center console, and back seat, all lock from auto locks when it’s parked. I understand there is some “magic” that has to happen when you are in it and driving. But I leave my back window out a lot and they help to deter the casual thieves. it’s already happened once they didn’t even steal anything just made a mess. And locking them all manually is a big PITA.

I’m totally down a 6.4

I wish they would make the willys package the same as he one for the wrangler. I don’t like the color matched fenders.

I know everyone hates the man bun but I can’t imagine anything easier I can throw it down at a light. I do want a back window that has zippers and just rolls up I may just tray and find anther one and take it to a boat top shop and have it made custom. Anyone with a line on a back window for sale?
I agree with you on the man bun, I love how easy it is to throw it back. Removing the top with ease is 100% for my driving pleasure. It’s about to he experience for me ... not to look cool to others.

I can’t see the man bun when I’m driving. The only ones who can are others outside the Jeep. I’m at the point I really don’t care what others think ... I guess Many others On here are very conscious of how they look when driving the Jeep ?
Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
Where are you when it cuts out? Mine never has. It only stops working in parking structures, my all-steel lean-to, or in my garage if I back clear in and am 10 feet back from the big door. Otherwise, I've never had it cut out. So that makes me wonder - since it's satellite, what's happening - should be immune to that issue, unlike FM or AM, which are blocked by "Things" like trees, hills/mountains, tall buildings and such. Only intense cloud cover, being in structures, or things that block the "view" of the sky (dense forest??)
Are some folks experiencing an issue because of a defect or problem?
My wife and son have never had their satellite radio "cut out" on them.

Must be "a Gladiator thing" HAHA
Both my Gladiator and Porsche cut out regularly when driving in the hills and tall, thick trees around our lake house in NY. I guess that means it’s not a Jeep thing!

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
Nope. Soft top only on my wife’s jk and mine as well. They just flipped the motion to activate the wipers for just one swipe. Annoying, but not a big deal. Just a head scratcher why they would change it up.
Sorry, I meant it has the CAPACITY to have a rear wiper lol. Whether you personally have 1 the feature set exists. Either way though, it is still funky that they changed which way you should press to get it to wipe, that should be pretty set in stone. Maybe yours is wired backwards? Maybe they all were? :P I do agree that it is stupid though, why change it from industry norm?

Also, maybe I'm in the minority here (or the non-vocal majority?) but I actually like my auto start/stop feature. I feel it's quite convenient for longer stop lights and I can modulate the brake pedal to make sure it doesn't come on at short lights or ones that are about to change. I know most of the lights on my routes. It's easy to work around.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I mentioned in another thread larger tires for the stock Sport S wheels (even though many of us swap them out), but here are a few "nits" that are basically small design changes...

A lot of men drive Jeeps, especially Gladiators, and we often drive one-handed. I'd prefer to have the Uconnect volume control on the left side of the steering wheel. Right now left front has the menu arrows and behind left is the Uconnect navigation (up / down / center button), but a small dial on the steering wheel (our Acura MDX has one) or similar would be beneficial. I know volume is currently behind right, but I always think twice about "where is it again?"

Also map / dome lights above the rear-view mirror (front). I know behind the driver's head is a large four light dome, but it's much easier, esp at night, to have some lights in the front above the center dash.

Another design gripe is the narrow driver's footwell. I have size 13 feet and sometimes when I brake, it's a little challenging as my feet fight each other for space.

One last one: with 2 boys, we could use USB charger ports in the rear (perhaps below the rear a/c vents).

I guess you could say I love my Gladiator if these are the only gripes :beer: :involve:
I struggle with this often, as well.

Mine (Rubicon) has 2 USB and 2 mini USB ports, plus a 120V outlet below the rear a/c vents and window controls.
8.4" screen option had these rear ports

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
Dear Jeep. If you are going to offer GPS in a Rubicon at least make it have off road trail maps. I don't care about finding food, malls, ,gas, and grocery stores. It sucks that I had to purchase an app to make this possible. I would have thought that an off road capable vehicle's nav would help find trails.
I get you- think about this
Sometimes I can’t help but think it’s almost better if they fiddle less with the tech stuff since it obsoletes so fast. I personally use gps and phone devices. There are great apps for your phone. “OnX” is good for parcel id when hunting or for trails when wheeling- riding or driving. Check it out

Sponsored

Caraholic

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
81’ Cherokee,20' GMC AT4, ‘18 4Runner, cross-trek
Occupation
professional big dumb animal.........
And you have measured that? It's more than 10 seconds here, guy. Try 2 minutes at some lights. Normally you sit about 20-30 seconds here.
Again, if you have engineered this and have a better clue than the engineers, write to them and explain that they aren't saving a thing and they don't need to be compliant with the metro areas that have rules about idling for over xx time.
Again, if you know how to use the system, you can control it via the brake pedal. Really simple! You simply don't fly to a stop and brake like a teen. You can feather that pedal and control whether or not it shuts down. I've pulled up to lights thinking they were maybe going to turn, then pressed harder to get it to shut down. I have also pulled to stale red lights and come to a stop without the thing ever shutting down - in fact many times today when we went shopping in 3 different towns, and then I went back in again.
We learned how to manipulate the pressure on the brakes with my wife's GC.
My JT almost never shuts off if I don't want it to.
I got about 23 average last tank. I've also sat at lights long enough I've watched the average MPG go from 22.5 down to 22.3

I believe this is a "control" issue more than an inconvenience or any real trouble.
Odd how most folks complaining aren't engineers.
The start stop feature that never remembers like the last setting point you set like- mirrors, ac or radio at is still annoying. No not hard to just push a button... but it’s invasive and I should have it just remember my preference...

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
overly modified (not needed to be) LE

It's a JEEP thing. Apparently you don't understand.

And it's an OFFROAD thing. Apparently you don't go there.

Happy Mall Crawling! :rock:

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
ok I'm going to go there. The Bronco has an AC Seats option. AC SEATS. I have seat heaters and will never ever use them. Now AC Seats- In Texas, with Leather interior! AND lockers for the trims not Rubicon. Sasquatch package (lockers) can be had on all trim levels of the new Scout..Uh Bronco. I am excited for the Bronco, because maybe FCA (Soon to be "Stellantis"- No kidding) will get some competition and start upping their game.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
It's a JEEP thing. Apparently you don't understand.

And it's an OFFROAD thing. Apparently you don't go there.

Happy Mall Crawling! :rock:
We should all appreciate those who buy Jeeps never intending to take them off-road. They are probably the majority. If not for them, the number of Jeeps sold would be so low that neither the Wrangler nor Gladiator would exist, or would be so expensive that I'm guessing neither you or I could afford one.

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
******Snowflake Warning!*******
If you get butt-hurt about constructive criticism of your Jeep - This thread isn't for you. Just move on down the road and be happy with what ya got.
LOL, I think some of you need to read the OP's original line. I know for me, I love my Gladiator and if someone asks me to provide some gripes, yeah, I think I could come up with a few.

I think that's the beauty of a 21st century Jeep, these are small gripes as it's a modern Swiss-Army knife that kinda does it all. :beer: :rock:

Sponsored

Factoid

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2019 Porsche Cayenne 1964 Corvette
Occupation
Performance Coach
ok I'm going to go there. The Bronco has an AC Seats option. AC SEATS. I have seat heaters and will never ever use them. Now AC Seats- In Texas, with Leather interior! AND lockers for the trims not Rubicon. Sasquatch package (lockers) can be had on all trim levels of the new Scout..Uh Bronco. I am excited for the Bronco, because maybe FCA (Soon to be "Stellantis"- No kidding) will get some competition and start upping their game.
Okay, I’ll go there, too!

The seat cooling feature in my wife’s 2019 Porsche Cayenne is superb! In Texas heat, no more sweaty parts.
Okay, tmi but you get the point.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
We should all appreciate those who buy Jeeps never intending to take them off-road. They are probably the majority. If not for them, the number of Jeeps sold would be so low that neither the Wrangler nor Gladiator would exist, or would be so expensive that I'm guessing neither you or I could afford one.
You have no idea how close you are to right.
My wife and I are amazed at the sheer number of Jeep "Wranglers" of various flavors and configurations there are around here - 99% of them never seeing anything more than a farm road at most.
IF you add in the other Jeeps - Compass, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee (the official vehicle of West Des Moines) it's crazy how many Jeeps are used for daily drives, commuting, grocery-getting. Go to any store or mall - you can pick from several Jeeps to park next to.
If it wasn't for those being sold to people just wanting a cool ride, like my brother, never in a million years taking it into mud, but loving to take off the top and go for an open-air ride, these things either wouldn't exist or would cost a lot more.
Make fun all you want of those driving stock Jeeps with maybe a few cosmetic changes, bigger tires, whatever, but your Jeep may not exist without 'em.

With the bells and whistles the Bronco is getting, count on it being a luxury daily driver.

TRAILJT

First Name
Armando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I get you- think about this
Sometimes I can’t help but think it’s almost better if they fiddle less with the tech stuff since it obsoletes so fast. I personally use gps and phone devices. There are great apps for your phone. “OnX” is good for parcel id when hunting or for trails when wheeling- riding or driving. Check it out
I purchased the Gaia apple App. It is pretty decent and works on the 8.4 factory screen using carplay. Does OnX work that way too?

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
You have no idea how close you are to right.
My wife and I are amazed at the sheer number of Jeep "Wranglers" of various flavors and configurations there are around here - 99% of them never seeing anything more than a farm road at most.
IF you add in the other Jeeps - Compass, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee (the official vehicle of West Des Moines) it's crazy how many Jeeps are used for daily drives, commuting, grocery-getting. Go to any store or mall - you can pick from several Jeeps to park next to.
If it wasn't for those being sold to people just wanting a cool ride, like my brother, never in a million years taking it into mud, but loving to take off the top and go for an open-air ride, these things either wouldn't exist or would cost a lot more.
Make fun all you want of those driving stock Jeeps with maybe a few cosmetic changes, bigger tires, whatever, but your Jeep may not exist without 'em.

With the bells and whistles the Bronco is getting, count on it being a luxury daily driver.
Lol, the inverse is true as well! I'm sure people see my stock Sport S and some people may not wave because they think it'll never see a dusty trail. I've been offroading already and it's fun. I don't need to put a ton of mods on it and didn't want to start my first Jeep with a Rubi because I wasn't sure how much I'd like it (I love it). I would like to get a Rubi after this or possibly even a Bronco (yes I'm on of those), whichever offers me the better product overall. I only plan on doing some lighter offroading, no rock crawling or anything crazy because my truck is leased. Even though it's stock, I still have fun offroad, just nothing too "extreme" :) I was really happy with the performance.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Okay, I’ll go there, too!

The seat cooling feature in my wife’s 2019 Porsche Cayenne is superb! In Texas heat, no more sweaty parts.
Okay, tmi but you get the point.
I think leather seats are too hot. If seat cooling had been offered, I would have splurged for that and leather. Tan leather. And I'd have a grey dash (instead of red) and an armrest in back . And I'd like my Jeep truck even more.
Sponsored