Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Coldest days I had this past winter were -10C.

The truck actually heats up pretty quickly, and the defrosting windshield issue is less noticeable when you remote start and let it heat up for a little while. I actually found that if I covered the “working” defrost vents with a sheet of cardboard, the defroster would suddenly defrost the passenger-side 1/3 of the windshield pretty quickly.
..but the defroster issue I would consider an actual safety hazard.
Have you pointed this out to the dealer? What did they have to say?
Sponsored

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
So if I'm hearing this right. The new ford Bronco has pretty much everything everyone is asking for. The new Explorer sport track (Bronco Truck) forthcoming. (I guess we will have to find out about the key fob, and ESS bypass and a couple others).

Here is the list:

Moar Power options(still no REAL option for a V8 though on either)
Lockers on lower trims (more serious off-road for lower price)
Bigger factory tire options
Trail metal doors (with open Panels)
Place to store removable top panels in back
AC seats
Mirrors on Pillars
Lower Gearing standard
Reverse crawling gear
Big (8 inch) touchscreen on all trim levels standard.

It looks like Ford has been paying attention. BTW I am not a ford fan. Owned a ford ranger lemon truck, and I never will again (excludes my 67 mustang).

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Cliffs Notes version:
* JEEP Gladiator needs to be more like the Ford Bronco that won't be available for about a year
* Ford Bronco will have what everyone here wants

Got the message from the JEEP Gladiator forum owners :bandit:

(But the Bronco won't have solid front axle, as much suspension travel, unlimited mods, and more)

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Have you pointed this out to the dealer? What did they have to say?
Haven’t taken it to dealer, though I really should before it starts getting cold again.

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)

Sponsored

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Supposedly the JT has a 22 gallon tank. I was below an 1/8 of a tank. Filled the tank up with only 18 gallons. I think the gas tank is only 20 gallons.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Supposedly the JT has a 22 gallon tank. I was below an 1/8 of a tank. Filled the tank up with only 18 gallons. I think the gas tank is only 20 gallons.
I wouldn't put much stock in the gas gauge on any vehicle. I'm curious what the computer was showing for range before you put in the 18 gals (not that I'd trust that to be any more accurate.)

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I wouldn't put much stock in the gas gauge on any vehicle. I'm curious what the computer was showing for range before you put in the 18 gals (not that I'd trust that to be any more accurate.)
It was reading 35 miles or so.

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
I got the Carolina metal master ones ... they ended up being 225 or so shipped. They are nice, but I agree... should be fixed to the body and not door.

oh and with the Carolina metal masters... for an extra $60 you can get two locking nuts so people can steal them! What a deal.
steal them!? You were already robbed,

Sponsored

Gossamer

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Customer Service
Vehicle Showcase
How about YOU design the perfect all-new vehicle with ALL the features and creature comforts everyone wants IN THE FIRST MODEL YEAR?!

1596696130705.jpeg
Agreed! And then find enough folks to afford it.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
also agreed, that's why i asked the mods to delete the fluff and keep the actual 'dear jeep, can you please...'

i could bang on about the fob itself for ages and make joke after joke after joke...but if the thread is to be useful for jeep, will need to moderator ourselves and remove that nonsense

TheGreatCO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave Previous: 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2013 Ford Escape
It’s why I got tan leather seats in my Rubi for the first time in my life.

46C69F9E-861F-4002-A95F-D367BEF0D52C.jpeg
That definitely looks way better (IMHO) than the red dash, but I prefer the black leather.
with doors off, I’d like the lane change sensors to trigger an audio alert—even if it is only when I have the blinker on AND a vehicle in my blind spot, it’s be better than nothing (especially when using shitty “doors off” mirrors)
I get an audio alert when I turn on my blinker with a vehicle in the blind spot with the doors on, I haven't tried mine with the doors off yet, but I'm guessing that alert goes away?
- I feel too much of the audio system through the brake and accelerator pedals. I don’t listen to music very loud, but the vibration of even low-volume music transfers through the pedal and constantly makes me think I’m having a mechanical vibration or other physical feedback through the pedal.
For me this includes the steering wheel too. I didn't even have the volume up very loud and thought the steering box just swallowed 10lbs of sand.
-Let me perform the same Alexa Uconnect features (remote start/unlock/fuel level) using Siri
I cannot agree more. I rarely use voice assistants, but when I do, it's Siri.

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
It’s why I got tan leather seats in my Rubi for the first time in my life.

46C69F9E-861F-4002-A95F-D367BEF0D52C.jpeg
Probably my biggest (only?) regret is not getting the tan seats. If they had been offered in a tan fabric, I definitely would have gone that way. I'm not a fan of the black abyss interior and the red dash really isn't doing it for me. I am seriously considering getting the seats redone by Katzkin and I learned yesterday they offer seat cooling that might make leather tolerable here in AZ. I'd repaint the dash, but am not sure what to do about the red stitching on the steering wheel and the other red accents.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
That definitely looks way better (IMHO) than the red dash, but I prefer the black leather.

I get an audio alert when I turn on my blinker with a vehicle in the blind spot with the doors on, I haven't tried mine with the doors off yet, but I'm guessing that alert goes away?
Correct.

Couple gripes I'll take to the dealer-tailgate isn't fully closed on passenger side and on driver's side the cable isn't as tight as in the passenger side. Another gripe is that my trailer wires get pinched when using the 4 flat because the spring is would tightly and closes against the wires. Also, the plug is deeply seated so when removing the trailer plug from the Jeep the whole unit moves.
Sponsored