Sponsored

Diamondback HD

Delhux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator - Overland - Gator
Hey all, be sure to double-check those c-clamps on your cross piece.

I did the recommended check and adjustments after the first 100-miles, all went well.

4.5 months and 3500 miles later, I just noticed one of the C-clamps fell off, and when I checked, two of the other 3 were very loose.

Maybe it is the time of year with the alternating warm/cool days causing expansion and contraction, or just rattling loose from the last 3500 miles, but at any rate—be sure to check those c-clamps.
Sponsored

RenoRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Hey all, be sure to double-check those c-clamps on your cross piece.

I did the recommended check and adjustments after the first 100-miles, all went well.

4.5 months and 3500 miles later, I just noticed one of the C-clamps fell off, and when I checked, two of the other 3 were very loose.

Maybe it is the time of year with the alternating warm/cool days causing expansion and contraction, or just rattling loose from the last 3500 miles, but at any rate—be sure to check those c-clamps.
Good call on this! I might do blue threadlock. Mine were loose!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
I have found one of mine to do that too. I love the functionality of the cover, but I feel like the clamps are just not well designed.

Does anybody else have any leaking in theirs? I get a small amount in the passenger side of mine every time there is a heavy rain.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Double check that the raised edges on the bed caps and the seal along the back wall of the bed line up well with the DiamondBack. That + adding the spacers under the bed caps + re-adjusting the c-clamps for 6 months = the cover seems to have finally settled and is pretty darn waterproof.

on_order

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Sahara unlimited
Thanks for sharing. i have been on the fence as this is my first pickup as i always just hauled a trailer with my old JK. My next mystery that i need to dig in is 'what is the in bed track?' i have a factory sprayed bed liner and need to dig...

any advice is greatly appreciated.

Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Double check that the raised edges on the bed caps and the seal along the back wall of the bed line up well with the DiamondBack. That + adding the spacers under the bed caps + re-adjusting the c-clamps for 6 months = the cover seems to have finally settled and is pretty darn waterproof.
Somehow I missed this reply. What kind of spacers do you have in place and where at? I know my positioning is perfect, my dad went out there and measured everything to figured out the exact optimal place to put it.

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Somehow I missed this reply. What kind of spacers do you have in place and where at? I know my positioning is perfect, my dad went out there and measured everything to figured out the exact optimal place to put it.
over time the bed caps are squished into the metal underneath. If you are obsessive like me, you want things even. You can contact Diamondback and they will send you spaces to put under the plastic.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
over time the bed caps are squished into the metal underneath. If you are obsessive like me, you want things even. You can contact Diamondback and they will send you spaces to put under the plastic.
I thought I was just a moron that clamped mine down to hard. And strangly enough my leak is twoards the center. Guess I will be taking some pics and sending them an email. This might solve my issue.

Thanks!

OP
OP
noside85

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
It’s a standard package they have for Tundra’s I believe. This is what the spacers look like.

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD F4249ED6-6F50-4FFA-A246-C85CA62240EA

THANK YOU for those pics. i could not picture it in my head. it did that with my last truck

Sponsored

Daddycorder's Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Do you guys mind if you can give me a measurement of the beam the supports the bed panels? LxWxH if possible...Thanks in advance.

DR1428

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon String Gray
Occupation
Public Safety
Great forum! I purchased a Diamondback SE for my 2020 Gladiator. Waited through this crazy pandemis to get it. Love the aggressive look and cleats. My issue, it leaks like a sieve. I tried everything. I called customer service and they believed it was tightened down to much. Yet the c-clamps kept loosening up. I tired loctite on the clamps, adding weather stripping and even maine grade caulking to address the issue. No matter what I did, when it rained, it leaked. I finally asked for refund/return. Waiting on a response. I heard their customer service was great, but I think Imma have to eat this one!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Great forum! I purchased a Diamondback SE for my 2020 Gladiator. Waited through this crazy pandemis to get it. Love the aggressive look and cleats. My issue, it leaks like a sieve. I tried everything. I called customer service and they believed it was tightened down to much. Yet the c-clamps kept loosening up. I tired loctite on the clamps, adding weather stripping and even maine grade caulking to address the issue. No matter what I did, when it rained, it leaked. I finally asked for refund/return. Waiting on a response. I heard their customer service was great, but I think Imma have to eat this one!
How centered is it? That was my first issue with mine until I got the leaking down to a minor drip. I had my dad measure all the sides and get it just perfect. Also the adjustments for the right amount of downward pressure for the latching is honestly more important for keeping water out. I had to have about one kid of downward pressure on top to set where it would be the closing point.

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Just got back from a trip to Colorado. Diamondback held up through the hail, daily rain, etc. When I got back I sprayed the whole thing down with a hose and the bed was dry. Still dusty in fact.

+1 to the closing points - I need one person on the other side to hold the cleat down to shut the panel closest to the cab, but I can close the one at the tail w/o help.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Just got back from a trip to Colorado. Diamondback held up through the hail, daily rain, etc. When I got back I sprayed the whole thing down with a hose and the bed was dry. Still dusty in fact.

+1 to the closing points - I need one person on the other side to hold the cleat down to shut the panel closest to the cab, but I can close the one at the tail w/o help.
Same issue I had before I loosened mine up a bit. I was actually climbing on top of mine to give it enough pressure. Figured based on the videos I might need to tone it back a little. Now I can do it by myself, but I have to put some force on there and reach out a bit while doing it.
Sponsored