Diamondback HD

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
Received a ship date of January for my HD, which I was prepared for. Just ordered some L-Track and fittings to make some DIY bedrails and I have an idea in mind that (if it works when I try to do it) I believe will make the DB more securely attached, and maybe easier to take on and off
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Received a ship date of January for my HD, which I was prepared for. Just ordered some L-Track and fittings to make some DIY bedrails and I have an idea in mind that (if it works when I try to do it) I believe will make the DB more securely attached, and maybe easier to take on and off
Be sure to post final pics of it after all the mods! The alternate mounting sounds interesting.

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
That was the built right version.

It’s a good product. I ended up swapping it for the motobilt version though.

The built right is strong enough to mount a high lift Jack to, and it’s decently light weight. I definitely recommend it.

I swapped for the motobilt because it was mounted behind the load bars and is reasonably stronger for a couple extra pounds.

Sponsored

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Only thing I wish is that I was brave enough to install the new rack option they have, but after having paid 2k for the thing I am way to afraid to get a drill anywhere near it.
Just did that this weekend. I was paranoid about it. The easiest part was drilling the holes. I just did the fore and aft tracks, not the little ones in the middle. I used black silicone caulk on the bottom of the track and in the screw holes to ensure a watertight seal.

I didn't use endcaps on both ends of the tracks to slide the feet on and off. I also skipped the screw holes that would have needed the 12mm hole drilled out versus a 6.5mm hole, because even a commitment to drill a hole in a tonneau cover has its limits.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Just did that this weekend. I was paranoid about it. The easiest part was drilling the holes. I just did the fore and aft tracks, not the little ones in the middle. I used black silicone caulk on the bottom of the track and in the screw holes to ensure a watertight seal.

I didn't use endcaps on both ends of the tracks to slide the feet on and off. I also skipped the screw holes that would have needed the 12mm hole drilled out versus a 6.5mm hole, because even a commitment to drill a hole in a tonneau cover has its limits.
Do you have any photos of it?

Racer_X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Rubicon Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have any photos of it?
This is not mine, but from this thread: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ack-hd-vs-ace-engineering-upper-decker.26985/

Mounting the little tracks in the middle enable one of the tops to be opened w/o taking the rack off. I don't need that until I move the daughter out of college in the summer so I'm waiting until it warms up to do that. I moved my tracks in closer to each other - 2" down from the hinge, 4" in. I may bolt an overlanding rack to it as some point and wanted the space. This user didn't use the endcaps.

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD 1608040538773

RYSlimVegas19

First Name
RY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘46 CJ2A (Harvest Tan); ‘12 JKUR (Bright Silver Metallic); ‘20 JTM (Gobi)
Occupation
USAF
Love the versatility of the DiamondBack HD with Front Runner ... have run Front Runner racks/accessories on multiple rigs and love 'em!

- DiamondBack HD Tonneau Cover w/ Mopar Trail Rail System
- Front Runner SlimLine II Tray; Load Bed Legs; Tracks w/caps; LED Floor Light ... +Multiple Rack Accessories
- Thule AeroBlades
- K.C. HilLites Wire Hider (Multiple)

- CHEERS -

----------
'20 JTM / '12 JKUR / '46 CJ2A

IMG_6354.jpg

IMG_6357.jpg

IMG_6364.jpg

IMG_6365.jpg

IMG_6366.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6710.jpg

IMG_6597.jpg

Sponsored

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
Hi folks. I ordered a DB a week ago.
What is the maximum verticle clearance inside the bed? (when the DB is closed :) )
I am curious because I would like to get a few things on order, such as large totes/cooler, so I would like to know the tallest object that will slide in without hitting the center cross member, supports or locking arm bars (whatever is lowest).

Thanks!

Matt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Hi folks. I ordered a DB a week ago.
What is the maximum verticle clearance inside the bed? (when the DB is closed :) )
I am curious because I would like to get a few things on order, such as large totes/cooler, so I would like to know the tallest object that will slide in without hitting the center cross member, supports or locking arm bars (whatever is lowest).

Thanks!
16.5” to the brackets that the struts mount to at the sides of the panels.
18” to the bracing under the panels. The locking rods hang down slightly lower than that. They angle down towards the sides.

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
16.5” to the brackets that the struts mount to at the sides of the panels.
18” to the bracing under the panels. The locking rods hang down slightly lower than that. They angle down towards the sides.
Thank you.
Sponsored