Sponsored

Diamondback HD

Steak.Sauce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Has anyone tried these with a swing case? If the non-trail locking mechanism is shorter, it just might work.

Anyone with the non-trail rail version.... would you mind taking some pics?

syreeves

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR 6MT, 2013 Volvo XC90, 2003 LR Disco
Occupation
Liquor Attorney. So not all bad...
Love the versatility of the DiamondBack HD with Front Runner ... have run Front Runner racks/accessories on multiple rigs and love 'em!

- DiamondBack HD Tonneau Cover w/ Mopar Trail Rail System
- Front Runner SlimLine II Tray; Load Bed Legs; Tracks w/caps; LED Floor Light ... +Multiple Rack Accessories
- Thule AeroBlades
- K.C. HilLites Wire Hider (Multiple)

- CHEERS -

----------
'20 JTM / '12 JKUR / '46 CJ2A

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD 20210124_181048

How does your awning work when it is that low? Does it angle up? What happens to rainwater? Not judging just curious thanks!

RYSlimVegas19

First Name
RY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘46 CJ2A (Harvest Tan); ‘12 JKUR (Bright Silver Metallic); ‘20 JTM (Gobi)
Occupation
USAF
How does your awning work when it is that low? Does it angle up? What happens to rainwater? Not judging just curious thanks!
Ha ... no ‘judgement’ taken. Second time it’s been asked. This Tepui awning (as with most) has individual telescoping poles ... depending on sun, I generally run one higher than the other (sorry no pics ... will take one next time I’m out). Water run off is dependent on that decision ... HD is waterproof. Top of awning as mounted is at 64”. If I ran a FrontRunner roof rack on the cab (vice the bed), it would only sit ~12 inches higher than it does now. Most of our time under the awning is spent sitting or lying on a hammock ... absolutely zero issues; plenty of room/space ... and I’m 6’3”. Hope that helps ... - CHEERS -

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
So is the Voodoo rack (with tonneau brackets) the only rack option to marry with the DB? I refuse to drill into my DB so that's out of the question.

I like how the Voodoo brackets slip under and have the mounts on the outside so it doesn't impede on the DB lid. Does anyone run this setup? I've only seen it a few times, but there just isn't many options...which is surprising.

Sponsored

stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR, '15 Range Rover
Occupation
Civil Eng
So is the Voodoo rack (with tonneau brackets) the only rack option to marry with the DB? I refuse to drill into my DB so that's out of the question.

I like how the Voodoo brackets slip under and have the mounts on the outside so it doesn't impede on the DB lid. Does anyone run this setup? I've only seen it a few times, but there just isn't many options...which is surprising.
I've been thinking about getting some mounts fabricated that would utilize the anchor cleat holes.. Nothing heavy duty but capable of supporting bicycles and kayaks etc..
Screenshot 2021-02-23 120322.jpg

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
I've been thinking about getting some mounts fabricated that would utilize the anchor cleat holes.. Nothing heavy duty but capable of supporting bicycles and kayaks etc..
Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD Screenshot 2021-02-23 120322
I like that idea. What's crazy is this is SUCH a popular cover...I would think more would come out with rack solutions (bracketing) that would work with it.

MDV Hank

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD Screenshot 2021-02-23 120322
Thule artificial gutters easy drill on DB cover and they look like they belong
Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD tempImagesTeNH9
Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD tempImagekhOFTK

daves429

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel
Smooth HD finally arrived! I probably won't get around to the FrontRunner rack until next week.

Could you tell me how much height the cover and cleats added to the rails of the bed? I back under a storage rack in my garage and don't have much room to spare.

TexasTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
Could you tell me how much height the cover and cleats added to the rails of the bed? I back under a storage rack in my garage and don't have much room to spare.
The highest part appears to be the latch in the center of the cover at about 3 1/2”, the cleats are about 3 1/4”. Could depend on how tight you make the cover and compress the seal.

Sponsored

sregalad

First Name
sidney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
A no drill option for a rack and diamondback? Anybody try this to verify if it works?

8905B95B-560F-4631-9A88-CB42AB74E91A.jpeg

mmatthie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
A no drill option for a rack and diamondback? Anybody try this to verify if it works?

Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD 8905B95B-560F-4631-9A88-CB42AB74E91A
Just wishing they made true bed rack towers that have some height. I'm looking for a mid/high height one that I can mount an RTT or kayaks on top and still strap items on the top of the DB. Then of course having the truck bed itself.

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
Just wishing they made true bed rack towers that have some height. I'm looking for a mid/high height one that I can mount an RTT or kayaks on top and still strap items on the top of the DB. Then of course having the truck bed itself.
A Diamondback cover with FrontRunner cross bars is about the same height as a mid rack. So I guessing you want more of a finished height of a full rack...RTT above the truck cab height.

I bought gun like cases that I can slide between the crossbars and DB
Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD 20200906_142917
Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD 20200906_142930

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
The oldest original style Yakima "1A" towers, that they still make, that were designed to clamp to raingutters when near-all vehicles still had raingutters... are about the tallest racks I have come across (I still have some). And then they also make the Yakima "1A highrise spacers" that jack the crossbars up another 3.5 inches above the usual Yakima tower height. If you mounted some of the Thule "542" "artificial raingutters" on the top surface of the DB and then clamped Yakima 1A towers with the extra risers on, you'd be getting about as tall as I think you could do with this type of arrangement. With going that tall, I'd want to make extra big anchor plates for the underside of the DB, for the bolts going through the Thule 542s, in order to distribute the pull and twist of lateral loads. Also, with the old Yakima 1As, the "O.E.M." bars are a polyethylene coated steel, but I measured and found it was some standard increment of inch increments and I was able to get some stainless tube of the same diameter - doesn't get scraped up like the Yakima poly-coated bars.

Or, go whole hog and get a set of these: https://diamondbackcovers.com/collections/ladder-racks/products/cover-mount-rack?variant=29553915209
Sponsored