Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I looked it up, and I guess some dealers actually turn it on, to help their customers, but JT's were originally shipped with that feature disabled, thank the lord, cuz that is annoying.

There is one auto feature that is still bug'n me while we're all here talkin bout annoying JT features tho; I want all the doors to unlock when I shift to Park. I cannot find that at all, and am wondering if its a Tazer thing.
Nope, only if you open a door upon parking.
Sponsored

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
Yup, I just double checked that I have my "Sound Horn with Lock" set to OFF, and no horn beep upon fob exit with engine running.
2021 Mojave, built around June.
This is how I set up my Mojave and I do not get any honking for anything I do; remote start, locking, unlocking and leaving it running without the keyfob in the vehicle.

I do have proximity entry and it doesn't make any difference if the parking brake is or or off, no honks.

Victoryrider78

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Sales / Operations Support
2020 Sport S has never honked when getting out with the FOB. Now it dings on the inside, but that's the extent of the noises. Mine is on 2 locks for a Honk.

danimal2000

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
2021 willys
have it set to honk w/ lock, and unlock all doors on first press. no honk on remote start. it does not honk when i exit with the fob in my pocket and the engine running. no proximity doors/keyless entry on mine

also i always pull the parking break up when im in park and exiting, just out of habit

SURF&TURF

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD
Occupation
Retired
I've done some searching on forums, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer - is there a way to disable the honking when I step out of the vehicle with the keyfob in my pocket? It's really really really annoying.
I've been searching for that same answer since I picked my 22' JT up two weeks ago and I went to shut the garage door at 5am and when I shut the JT door with the FOB in my pocket and the engine running the horn blasted 3 times to let me and the neighbors know that the key fob has left the vehicle, I haven't received an answer from the dealership on how to disable it and I've searched, I don't want to leave the fob in the vehicle as I want it in my pocket and the door won't lock with the fob left in the vehicle if you forget it so now you have another issue, my '20 JL didn't do it but the JL slammed itself into park when I opened the door to get a better view of backing up in a tight spot that my JK didn't do and causing whiplash so going back to the honking when you leave the vehicle from what I researched is that if two people get into a vehicle with one key fob and that person with the fob gets out and doesn't shut the engine off and the other person drives away they can until they shut the engine off and then they are unable to start the vehicle unless they have a fob, but a message also tells you that the key fob has left the vehicle so why do we need all these honk warnings to let us know we are on the verge of becoming an IDIOT as I already know I'm an idiot throwing thousands of dollars into my builds and I don't hear a horn blowing telling me I'm over budget as my Wife fulfills that role. If I find a solution I'll definitely let everyone know!

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
There has to be some underlying condition causing the honk. Or at least, one would think. Seems very random. Some have it some don't, across build dates and trims.

KX L

First Name
KX
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CVO Street Glide; 2022 JT Mojave with 6MT
Occupation
Retired
There has to be some underlying condition causing the honk. Or at least, one would think. Seems very random. Some have it some don't, across build dates and trims.
Seems to me most aren't taking the time to read and understand the manual. If it was doing it for me I would turn all honking off instead of doing the press twice thing.

Of course I'm talking out my ass since I still don't have the damn JT I ordered in Oct :angry:

JKJ

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
Seller of the suds.
Is it possible that the honk occurs upon exiting when you have used remote start and doesn’t when you start it normally with the push button and fob in vehicle? Could be creating an unintended loop of sorts.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Is it possible that the honk occurs upon exiting when you have used remote start and doesn’t when you start it normally with the push button and fob in vehicle? Could be creating an unintended loop of sorts.
I remote start about 90% of the time. I get the message on the center display when the FOB exits, but I don't get the horn honk if I get out and lock it while it's running. I think I have mine set so it doesn't honk when locking unless you press the lock button twice. It honks when remote starting, but not when locking or unlocking. I have an early 2019 build Overland.

Sponsored

SURF&TURF

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD
Occupation
Retired
The JT was built 5 weeks ago and I assume it's a new warning added to the '22 model and occurs when you push the start button on the dash after remote and manual start up's and you exit the vehicle and shut the door with the engine running it will honk 3 times and you can see thru the window the display indicating the key fob has left the vehicle. I disabled all other horn warnings as I didn't want to wake the neighbors in the middle of the night and the reason I ordered the keyless entry was to leave the fob in my pocket and take it out for winter remote starts only so I really don't need a fob holder on the console, I did put the fob there a few days ago so I wouldn't set the horn off and sure enough I forgot it was there and walked away realizing it half way to the house. I sent an email to my salesman asking him to check this issue on '22 models on the lot and also contact Jeep for an answer, but the last time I hounded them for 3 months for an answer and no results I received 2 Trail Rated badges in the mail I perceived as please drop the matter.

In3briatedPanda

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Freedom Edition Max Tow
Occupation
Automotive
It seems like every other feature is year-dependent, so why not this?
I have a 2021 Sport S, and it honks when I close the door with it running, with the horn-on-lock set to second press.

Kevin
same HERE, but the honk doesnt bother me. i do not have the proximity locks either, but i do have remote start.

GM does three quick horn honks which is way more annoying IMO.

My Lexus beeps.

I dont believe there is way to disable it, its like turning off the headlight chime.......however i have been wrong alot so maybe i am wrong about this too.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
The JT was built 5 weeks ago and I assume it's a new warning added to the '22 model and occurs when you push the start button on the dash after remote and manual start up's and you exit the vehicle and shut the door with the engine running it will honk 3 times and you can see thru the window the display indicating the key fob has left the vehicle. I disabled all other horn warnings as I didn't want to wake the neighbors in the middle of the night and the reason I ordered the keyless entry was to leave the fob in my pocket and take it out for winter remote starts only so I really don't need a fob holder on the console, I did put the fob there a few days ago so I wouldn't set the horn off and sure enough I forgot it was there and walked away realizing it half way to the house. I sent an email to my salesman asking him to check this issue on '22 models on the lot and also contact Jeep for an answer, but the last time I hounded them for 3 months for an answer and no results I received 2 Trail Rated badges in the mail I perceived as please drop the matter.
There are people with 2020s and 2021s that have the chirps, and some without. Whoever mentioned remote start might be on to something. I don't have remote start, so I can't test that theory.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
There are people with 2020s and 2021s that have the chirps, and some without. Whoever mentioned remote start might be on to something. I don't have remote start, so I can't test that theory.
It's sure not remote start - I've used remote start quite a bit. When it's 0 degrees out I like the seats pre-warmed and the windshield partially warmed.
I am quite forgetful (severe ADHD) - I do a remote start, get into my truck, push the button, crap, forgot my phone. Exit truck, walk out of garage, unlock and enter house, get my phone, go back out to truck. No honks at all.
Granted I have almost always pressed the button to take it out of remote start mode and into normal running mode but I have never heard a honk other than if I lock the doors and mine is set to honk if I lock the door with the passive entry button OR the key fob (well, you can't choose - if you set it to honk, it will honk with fob or door handle button outside. )
Mine is November 5th, 2019 build, currently has passive entry but I didn't buy it that way.
It simply never honks when I exit the truck with the fob - and I always exit it with the fob because the fob is in a holster clipped to a belt loop so I can't loose or forget it.

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I sent an email to my salesman asking him to check this issue on '22 models on the lot and also contact Jeep for an answer, but the last time I hounded them for 3 months for an answer and no results I received 2 Trail Rated badges in the mail I perceived as please drop the matter.
Which dealer are you working with? Talking to some jeep owners in the area, some dealers are better with customer interaction than others. It's somewhat anoying how poor customer service is just part for the course from some dealers.
Sponsored