Threads
Reaction score
Website
saltmustflow.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT, '81 Z-28, '18 TW200, '72 CT 175
Occupation
Electrical Controls Engineer
I have a base Sport model: manual door locks, manual windows. No proximity entry and no remote door unlock. My truck honks when I exit, also does it with no doors installed. Since all Gladiators are push-to-start, including the very base Sport model, it’s probably the interior sensors that are tied to this. The same way the truck determines that the key fob is inside (thus allowed to start the engine via push button) is the same sensor that causes the honk when the key fob leaves the interior of the truck.
Now I'm confused. Mine has never honked when I've gotten out with it running, although I left the door open for what it's worth.

I was assuming that was because I was manual everything or no prox entry package, but apparently not. I'll have to close the door and see if that does it, not that I'm losing sleep over it.
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Now I'm confused. Mine has never honked when I've gotten out with it running, although I left the door open for what it's worth.

I was assuming that was because I was manual everything or no prox entry package, but apparently not. I'll have to close the door and see if that does it, not that I'm losing sleep over it.
I know mine doesn't - I had Yawnie with me Monday and coming back from the vet my wife asked me to drop some checks and money off at the food bank. Takes 60 seconds or less. So I left my truck running, Yawnie in the carrier in the right seat, got out of the truck with (with fob if that matters), closed the door - didn't lock it - and not a peep out of it. I got back in and drove home.

vegajf

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Water Treatmetn Op.
My 22 Mojave honks when I get out with the fob and it running. So far it's only mildly annoying to me but I would still like to be able to disable it. My wife's honda makes a somewhat less annoying beep.

mystic330

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTRD
Until Tazer or the other company JScan(?) come out with a solution the best option I've read thus far is removing the horn fuse killing the horn all together.
Tazer has come out with the solution.
The latest FW (or at least the one from 2 months ago), has an option to turn the triple beep off!!!
(One Caveat however, is that it only is turned off for the driver front door - the rears and passenger front will still cause a triple beep - hopefully they will fix this “feature” in a future release.)

edit - heres the release
Jeep Gladiator Disable honking when stepping out while engine is running 1655528262914

KQL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking for gladiator

I think someone said it might have been introduced in the 2022s. Mine is a 2022 model, forgot to mention it.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
The horn honking when you leave the vehicle running and get out and lock the doors is new for MY 2022. Previous years just showed a message on the screen. My 2013 Nissan Leaf does the same thing, but my 2020 Overland stays quiet.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
I know mine doesn't - I had Yawnie with me Monday and coming back from the vet my wife asked me to drop some checks and money off at the food bank. Takes 60 seconds or less. So I left my truck running, Yawnie in the carrier in the right seat, got out of the truck with (with fob if that matters), closed the door - didn't lock it - and not a peep out of it. I got back in and drove home.
When you get your 2022 (hopefully sooner than later) you will hear your Overland "talk" to you and your neighbors if you get out while engine running, fob in pocket and closing the door. Part of the charm.

I just leave my door open a crack until there is a way to disable.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
When you get your 2022 (hopefully sooner than later) you will hear your Overland "talk" to you and your neighbors if you get out while engine running, fob in pocket and closing the door. Part of the charm.

I just leave my door open a crack until there is a way to disable.
And I will be checking into the BCM and other settings, dump a log, etc. and check it out.
In my area, it wouldn't matter if the panic button was pressed - it's pretty relaxed around here and if people got upset about a horn, then there'd be complaints about all the gun shots, dogs barking, coyotes howling, tractors, combines, guys flying by on ATVs without mufflers, dirt bikes screaming down the road being wound up just to show off, etc......... so no one had better say a thing about a horn.

Coldtoes

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon - Hyrdro Blue
The latest FW (or at least the one from 2 months ago), has an option to turn the triple beep off!!!
(One Caveat however, is that it only is turned off for the driver front door - the rears and passenger front will still cause a triple beep - hopefully they will fix this “feature” in a future release.)

edit - heres the release
Jeep Gladiator Disable honking when stepping out while engine is running 1655528262914
Awesome! Thanks for the update does it work for both the door open and remote start, or just the doors open?

Sponsored

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
This may have been stated…

2022 Mojave with all optional/available “gadget” packages, disabled horn when locking/unlocking, enabled all 4 doors unlock with one FOB push…
Mine while running will only honk upon exiting WITH the FOB & does NOT without FOB.

Sank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJR, 22 JTRD

edit - heres the release
Confirming that this does work. Open and close driver door, no 3 honks! Yay!

Open and close back door, oops, honks as advertised. That's ok, happy with just the driver door fix.

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech
LOL - you'd just get a form letter back anyway, explaining all of the wonderful things they've done and thanking you for your support. Waste of postage, or network traffic.

How about a relay wired into the seat sensing - lift butt off seat, relay opens, horns can't honk.
Ok, maybe that's a bit complex and undoable.
My 2020 doesn't do that and the 22 isn't here yet otherwise I'd do a dump of the systems and settings...........
Don’t even get me started on those sensors, I gotta find a way to have that think it’s always occupied. Shifting in the seat while cruising and being told SS not available, driver detection blah blah blah is so annoying as well

IanNubbit

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL 2 Door Sport 6MT & 2022 JT 6MT Sport
Occupation
Mopar Dealer Tech

edit - heres the release
I’m really going to need them to add a full disable of the key fob not detected message and everything. It’s soooooo annoying
Sponsored