Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Network Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I have watched people get out of vehicles, the engine is quiet or they are distracted, they exit the vehicle, lock the doors and walk away........ engine still running later - oops, crap, did I forget to shut it off?
I have seen my wife do this with the Grand Cherokee - it's quiet and if there's a lot going on....... There's always a reason for things but so many people can't see situations other than their own (not referring to you - but there's a lot of "I hate this" going on and people never think beyond their own desires and try to imagine someone else, not as perfect as they are - OR THE HEARING IMPAIRED people of the world)
No wonder the world is falling apart - people can't get that there are differences. Not every person has perfect hands, perfect eyes, perfect ears, or is as tall, or as short, or as physically fit - and yet people see things only as they apply to them personally and see no reason for such warnings. I am friends with some really good drivers, a couple of them drag race, never an accident or incident, and yet they rely on those sounds. So inconvenience those that hate it, or deny them their aids?
And face it, that's all it is - an inconvenience for those that hate it. It's not earth-shattering or a first-world problem. So it honks.
I'd never leave a vehicle running and lock the doors so I guess I won't ever have that trouble.
And if it honked while I left the vehicle with the engine running, fob still clipped to my belt, I'd ignore it or thank it for the reminder and go back and shut it off.
If it wakes the neighbors there are solutions........
If you use the parking brake it doesn’t happen.
Sponsored

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
Mine doesn't do do that. I must have turned it off somehow. Maybe change the door lock horn setting to "on second press" instead of first pres? That's the one thing I can think I might have changed. Or maybe it's because I have the proximity doors? I know that mine doesn't honk when I get out with the key and engine on (unless another key is left in the jeep).
I think it's because you have a 2021. They started this in the 22s I think.

Beemer533

First Name
Zion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
Field Engineer
I guess I'm glad the 21s don't do this... I rent Tahoes and yukons all the time for work and I hate all the beeping nannies (not as bad as the ford's I have driven though).

I've gotten into the habit of going into the vehicle setup before I even leave the rental lot and turn off the back seat reminder (this just makes me angry it even exists) and the stupid triple honks..
I guess at least GM lets you turn the shit off..

mert34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
dang came into this thread wanting to find a way to stop that honking from happening. I just learned to not close the door all the way when i jump in and out with it running.

ZoMojave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTM (sold) '23 WL74
Now if I could get mine to stop honking twice when I do a remote start at 3 a.m.
Go into your Uconnect settings. There is an option to turn off the horn honk during remote start. At least on my 2022 there is. I turned it off.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

ScottHarr_JT

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
Man what a bummer. I hate this feature.

Rvalas

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction Project Manager
pretty sure I saw on a JScan or tazer mini PDF, cannot remember but there was an option for disabling keyfob leaving the vehicle notifications, it didn't say horn but I just assumed, I cannot find the thread but it was on this forum. n It was right next to adding trigger the alarm on hood open sensors.

AzGladius

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave JT
Occupation
Electronics and stuff
Still beats Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 locking out all infotainment features while in gear and going faster than 5 mph. I had that on my 16 Tacoma, 20 Corolla, and 20 Tundra. Soooo facking annoying. I'll take a little horn honk over being unable to change albums on a road trip.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Martinnfb

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave
Yes, three times, like there is no tomorrow . I disabled every sound in the settings, really annoying. If I 've had known I would order 2021 instead .

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Yes, three times, like there is no tomorrow . I disabled every sound in the settings, really annoying. If I 've had known I would order 2021 instead .
Do you have proximity entry?