First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gadiator Sport / Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited
Occupation
Teacher
So, I called Oracle and told them about this issue with the Gladiator and Wrangler. I mentioned this thread. She said they would discuss this at their meeting on Tuesday. So, everyone needs to call Oracle and bring this up. The more of us that call the better chance of Oracle taking this on. I mentioned a simple 2 piece harness. Each piece would connect to the male and female connectors on the Jeep and then we would connect and disconnect only the better made Oracle pieces. That was my idea. I'm sure there are better ideas out there please tell them and hopefully they take this on.
Sponsored

DronePilot

First Name
Edwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020 Sport S
Occupation
Retired U.S Army
What type of lube will you use, bulb grease?
This is what I have been using after the bend pins problem so far has not happen again. By the way I am using it in any of the connectors that I have to remove for any reason.

grease.jpg

OP
OP

jonaandcaleb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
So, I called Oracle and told them about this issue with the Gladiator and Wrangler. I mentioned this thread. She said they would discuss this at their meeting on Tuesday. So, everyone needs to call Oracle and bring this up. The more of us that call the better chance of Oracle taking this on. I mentioned a simple 2 piece harness. Each piece would connect to the male and female connectors on the Jeep and then we would connect and disconnect only the better made Oracle pieces. That was my idea. I'm sure there are better ideas out there please tell them and hopefully they take this on.
Love this idea. hoping someone comes out with something-or looking at doing it myself after the warranty is out.

ryan141

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ, 2021 Grand Limited, 2021 Mohave
Occupation
Engineer
I am getting both Auto Park disabled and the Start/Stop system inop. I disconnected and reconnected to no avail. I was unable to contort my fat a$$ into the footwell to observe the pins so I will need to pull the connector and see what I can fix. Does anyone else get both errors?

OP
OP

jonaandcaleb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
I am getting both Auto Park disabled and the Start/Stop system inop. I disconnected and reconnected to no avail. I was unable to contort my fat a$$ into the footwell to observe the pins so I will need to pull the connector and see what I can fix. Does anyone else get both errors?
Yes-I believe that is the error i got as well. Does the dome light come on when you open the door? More than likely you have bent pins. They only have to be slightly bent to not work. Mine was bent ever so slightly, but still didn't work. Barely moved them around and BAM, it worked.

Take it of the footwell and take a look. Then just leave it off to make connecting easier.

Sponsored

Ogre_FL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranger JL 2 Door, Gladiator 80th

Yup, I had both of those and a couple of other issues/things not working.

SelfmodJT

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep JT Willys, 2005 350z con
So this light just came on my dash. It was after putting on my doors so I put 2 and 2 together and realized there was an issue with the door or something related to it. I realized that the driver side didnt display the red door open on the display but all the other doors did. I played with the harness until the notice registered and turned the jeep on and off and the problem was solved.

Now my rant! Wtf FCA or stallnis or whatever you are now. First the dam clutch and now you cant make a harness sturdy enough not to have issues when the doors were meant to be taken on and off???? Just like the flywheel is supposed to engage and disengage when you press the clutch??? Is asking for a reliable harness asking too much for a 40k+ car? But I guess if you look at the glass is half full point of view, atleast I know how to shut off that start stop system now 🤣

Radio Guy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Retired Broadcast Engineer
To those that have taken the doors on and off, is there very much slack in the wiring harness around the connectors in question? Is there enough slack to cut the original connectors off and install another type and still have a comfortable length?

There are some very common multi pin connectors made by Molex, Amphenol and others that would perform the same task in a smaller package and these are very reliable connectors that will never bend pins. If the harness will accommodate this maybe someone can supply a kit with connectors, pins and a crimping tool.

LadyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator/2004 TJ
I’m working through this issue with my passenger door. No dome light when door is open, remote start won’t work, door lock won’t work & mirrors won’t work. I’ve been gently playing with the pins but no luck so far 🤬 I thought I was being careful when I took my doors off, but apparently not careful enough. As far as I can tell, it’s only the passenger side affected. This is truly a terrible design!

alextremo

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
What worked for me was to straighten the pins as best I could, then push the connnectors together with your hands until they engage each other and the latch starts to close by itself. Finish by closing the latch.

It seemed that when I just lined them up and used the latch to close it was continuing to bend the pins.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
What worked for me was to straighten the pins as best I could, then push the connnectors together with your hands until they engage each other and the latch starts to close by itself. Finish by closing the latch.

It seemed that when I just lined them up and used the latch to close it was continuing to bend the pins.
That's how I always do such connectors - I prefer the tactile feel of it. I push in manually as far as possible and don't use any latch to start making connection.
That way I can feel how things are lining up and if I feel the slightest resistance, I check again that the two parts are 100% parallel, there's not a bit of angle on them. The holes for the pins to go into are slightly chamfered so they should guide the pins in if things are totally straight and you manually start them together.

LadyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator/2004 TJ
I’ve spent close to 2 hours playing with the pins. They all appear straight. This is so frustrating! 🤬

LadyLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator/2004 TJ
I’ll have to spend some more time on it tomorrow. I’ve read through this thread a few times already & appreciate the advice!

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 CRV, ‘14 Mazda3, ‘20 JTR (Gator)