Sponsored

Ecodiesel - Start/Stop - Does anyone else hate it like me?

kbros

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kwbcancerblog.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Willys diesel; 05 HD Fatboy
Occupation
ski bum
It was the first thing I disabled after I installed my Tazer JL mini, even before recalibrating for my 35’s. I’ll still shut manually down for long lights, but no more 2-5 second kill/starts.
Sponsored

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
I’m not a fan. Hate it on both my diesels. First thing I do when I start either is turn it off. I don’t like my oil pressure dropping to zero every time I pull up to a light. Especially with a turbocharged engine.

Buckeye1

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland diesel gladiator
Occupation
Agronomist
The forum is full of complaints about the ESS system. It is a result of government mandates. There is a ESS battery to keep the computers stable during an ESS event.
At last a provocative thought based upon reality and mechanics. Good job sharing important vision

Awhitebuff

First Name
Buff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Open your hood. There are 2 plungers in the front. In my Diesel I disconnect the one closest to the fender. No more ESS. No more worries. No more pushing the damn button. I won't take a vaccine either. lol

flsupraguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Open your hood. There are 2 plungers in the front. In my Diesel I disconnect the one closest to the fender. No more ESS. No more worries. No more pushing the damn button. I won't take a vaccine either. lol
Nice. Curious though, did this produce a check engine light?

Sponsored

Belcher24256

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Eco-Diesel
Occupation
Police Officer
First of all I want to note that I have had manual transmission Wranglers for the past 15 years so I am a little out of place with an AT to begin with, but I picked up an Ecodiesel Gladiator a couple weeks ago and have been loving it.

For some reason start/stop functionality just seems wrong to me for a diesel engine. I have only had it happen a few times because I disable it every time i get in. I don't know a whole hell of a lot about diesel engines but it seems to me that it would be hard on it - especially if the turbo, etc.. is hot. Are there any real benefits of this feature?

Does anyone else feel this way or am I just resisting the change? Haha
I agree sir, it is a pain in the backside.

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Tazer fixed the issue