Sponsored

Failed Mojave theft caught on security cam video.

DesertRated

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Crazy they tried for that long to steal it. Lucky they didn’t do more damage.

Viper501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sting Gray Mojave; 2020 Mercedes GLE
Occupation
Ninja
I think someone needs to design a pepper spray dispenser to be alarm activated. A fog of oleoresin capsicum will deter even the most determined person. And it would be fun to watch … :clap:

USMC_1Wire6337

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S/MT; 2017 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4 HEMI
Occupation
IT
Leaving a Tazer installed defeats using OBD for anything. Since trying to plug the wires back in the dark risks slicing hands on the razor wire installed under the dash (i.e. sheet metal brackets), it is another deterrent. Bolt lock for the hood also helps would be fuse pullers.

Although 90 minutes on site might mean they still try and f--- something up.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Locking hood latches and a faraday box for the key fobs.

I posted this video in another thread yesterday.

Sponsored

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
Locking hood latches and a faraday box for the key fobs.

I posted this video in another thread yesterday.
This 👆🏼
Plus hood alarm and starter solenoid kill switch. I usually goes for fuel pump kill, but not with this CP4 pump lol

0C3D73DD-A594-451D-8F93-74B4E874355B.jpeg

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Chocolyle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR Sarge Green MT
Occupation
Technical Sales / Security
I have been integrating security systems for over 25 years. This is a great video example of poor camera imaging at night. Notice that each time they moved they get blurry. Not that they would ever get a plate at the angle, lens and distance from the road, but possibly a better ID. Also having notification turned on from the system, if it has it. Being there that long and not knowing . . . .

Research is key for residential cameras. There are lots of YouTube videos that review/compare this senerio. Day time is easy, night is not. Pretty cool his police department has an Avigilon PTZ for their lot. The H5A-IR is a very impressive unit, just installed one for a client.

As for the faraday box, I didn't see them with any equipment to relay the signal, the equipment used for that is very noticeable.

I may need to reconsider additional protection for my JT. IT sits outside and we live in a busy area.

azmojave

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green Mojave
Occupation
Retired Trucker. Current Sawyer
I’m gonna order one of those key boxes. Why is our hood alarm not active? Is the only way to activate it with a Tazer? I’m glad I finally installed my locking hood latches. That should slow them down. I also use Blink cameras that notify me of activity.
Jeep Gladiator Failed Mojave theft caught on security cam video. 53DA94E6-FFF1-4EE0-9DA2-6FD2A3CA60BF

Sponsored

GEETCH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Navy
Vehicle Showcase
this post below is in reference to the video above about tazer new theft deterrent firmware update

Very interesting, just looked at a more in-depth video. Some take aways:

1) it’s a live function, tazer needs to be installed for it to work
2) true a thief could unplug it and drive away, however they would have to know about the tazer to begin with, and would have to know it’s not another security device elsewhere
3) you can still use auto start, as this function only works when the start button is physically pressed, or vehicle is put in drive
4) currently for the car jacking mode, driver door has to be opened and fob removed from vehicle for it to be enabled
5) as of right now, only breaks engage and lights flash, it’s silent
6) in car jack mode, 20 second count down for pin, however breaks won’t engage until vehicle is at 5mph or less for safety
7) if you forget the pin there is an over ride but takes 10 minutes
8) pin can be disabled for when you need to take vehicle in for servicing etc
9) things that have already been requested to improve this, add horn honk, enable car jack feature if driver door is opened while engine running.

These are the things I took away from another video covering this new function.

Last edited:

Artsifrtsi

First Name
Jude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2005 Wrangler X
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Resident Pompous A-Hole
I’m gonna order one of those key boxes. Why is our hood alarm not active? Is the only way to activate it with a Tazer? I’m glad I finally installed my locking hood latches. That should slow them down. I also use Blink cameras that notify me of activity.
Jeep Gladiator Failed Mojave theft caught on security cam video. 53DA94E6-FFF1-4EE0-9DA2-6FD2A3CA60BF
I use Blink as well. Only camera system that I've found that doesn't require a subscription to record with motion, remotely view the recorded camera clips, and send motion alerts via the app. To record, you just need a USB drive in the Sync Module. The one problem I do have, is if you add a camera, you get the 30 day free cloud storage... which disables the local storage of video. and a minor issue is there are no apps to view cameras on a computer... only phone of tablet.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
A few years ago. I bought a Samsung 10 camera security system from Sam's club for $600. The cameras are HD, night vision, and hardwired. I had fun wiring everything up. The system can expand to 16 cameras total. I can view on my phone or laptop. Normal viewing, I have it on a 27" tv hanging on the wall in the office. The problem with the system. I get no notifications on my phone. But I do on my tv. The neighbor's call me to see if I caught anything on the cameras at night sometimes. Like the night the half naked drunk woman was walking around the hood at 3am. playing with herself.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
5) as of right now, only breaks engage and lights flash, it’s silent
Are you talking about the Tazer hood alarm? Mine sounds the horn.
Sponsored